Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    I think that it's definitely safe to say that the major specs of the 800w are determined & looking good and we just need to hang in there a bit longer until the small details materialize.
    There are small details too...a couple of interesting tid bits that have not been shared yet. Nothing huge, but cool little things...
    I think that RIM & Apple both feel that the pros & flexibility of the old school 3.5mm jack outweigh the negatives. More so than anything else, this is something I wish Palm would relent on. In particular, the Centro could have a LOT more appeal to the younger hipster crowd with a stereo headphone jack but that's not an argument for the 800w forum...
    True. All else being equal, I'd prefer to have a 3.5mm jack than not.
    Two final questions:

Any idea of the 800w is dual OS architecture-friendly? That is, are we possibly looking at the basis for several future handsets (ala 700w/wx/p shared hardware)? The 800w innards would serve (screen resolution & size aside) as a reasonably compelling platform for a debut Nova device in '09.
    Nooo idea. Heck, I don't even think Bono knows that All I know about "Nova" is what has been in the press already.
    Finally, any word on who Palm's ODM is for the 800w? HTC, presumably but Asus did the most recent WM Treo (500) so anything is possible.
    Palm is the ODM for the 800w, I'm assuming--that is they designed it in-house (much like the Centro). They farmed out the 500v as an attempt to bridge the Euro low-end market, so they did a quicky with Asus. But for their main devices, those are done by Palm and then manufactured by a 3rd party.

Who the device OEM is for the 800w, I do not know. Probably either HTC or Inventec (who did the Centro).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    i just would like to say that i do not understand what the big problem with the 800w. Everyone is ranting and raving on how ugly it is and blah blah. Me personally i think it looks professional. I guess everyone has a different opinion on what professional looks like. And another thing is a lot of ppl say it looks too much like the centro phone .... and im thinking..is that a bad thing?? Just a thought
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    i just would like to say that i do not understand what the big problem with the 800w. Everyone is ranting and raving on how ugly it is and blah blah. Me personally i think it looks professional. I guess everyone has a different opinion on what professional looks like. And another thing is a lot of ppl say it looks too much like the centro phone .... and im thinking..is that a bad thing?? Just a thought

Have you seen the 850 pics? Sounds like you havent...
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    One beef I still have though: I don't know if I'd call the current smartphone industry trendsetters RIM & Apple "holdouts" in regards to the 3.5mm headphone jack. BT A2DP is sort of a doubled-edged sword for most folks and a real love or hate affair for others (myself included). I think that RIM & Apple both feel that the pros & flexibility of the old school 3.5mm jack outweigh the negatives. More so than anything else, this is something I wish Palm would relent on. In particular, the Centro could have a LOT more appeal to the younger hipster crowd with a stereo headphone jack but that's not an argument for the 800w forum...
    Not only that, but until A2DP headphones can match the quality of my Etymotic ER-4P headphones, (and I don't count the ridiculous looking ety8 headphones) then I won't be using them. Its a shame too, because wireless headphones would be so much more convenient.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123