Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    What are some of the programs that make the alarm and calendar better? Or are there any programs that are great alternatives to the default alarm and calendar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberito View Post
    What are some of the programs that make the alarm and calendar better? Or are there any programs that are great alternatives to the default alarm and calendar?
    TodayAgenda. I use it and love it. It's extremely customizable, can go reside on your today screen or be a stand alone.

Best of all it's free.
    http://todayagenda.en.softonic.com/pocketpc

As far as an alarm, what type are you looking for? An alarm clock? System notifications?....
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    TodayAgenda. I use it and love it. It's extremely customizable, can go reside on your today screen or be a stand alone.

As far as an alarm, what type are you looking for? An alarm clock? System notifications?....
    I am looking for more of an alarm clock that is slightly better than the one that is shipped out of the box.

Thanks for the TodayAgenda link!
    I am looking for more of an alarm clock that is slightly better than the one that is shipped out of the box.
    If you want to spend a few dollars, SPB has a cool alarm (SPB Time), or there are a couple free ones. It basically depends on what look or extras you want. List the features you want in an alarm, if you want to spend money and I will let you know what I think your looking for.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    If you want to spend a few dollars, SPB has a cool alarm (SPB Time), or there are a couple free ones. It basically depends on what look or extras you want. List the features you want in an alarm, if you want to spend money and I will let you know what I think your looking for.
    Okay, well one of my first problems is that the standard alarm does this thing where sometimes it will have up to 4 or 5 alarm boxes open for the same alarm setting in the mornings. So, I usually end up hitting snooze for the first one and then I have to hit dismiss about 3 more times just to get it to shut up. I can admit that I can be irritable in the mornings, so that is very annoying. Also, I need more options for times and days of the weeks that I can set the alarm. I think it currently has three which I have made work for the past two months, but really I need about four really. I am willing to spend money if I have to, but if there is a great freeware version out there, I wouldn't mind trying that first too.
    I use a free one that works GREAT for me, but it only does one alarm at a time, and takes a little converting:http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,34615.0.html

Don't go to the download site for the alarm clock if you want to try it, I will attatch it here (a LOT of pop-ups). As for the confersion, it is pretty well explained in the site I posted, but if you want to give it a try, and don't feel up to doing it, I can post the converted file later (all your doing is making the setup screen smaller to fit on our screen).

Now.....if you want multiple alarms, I would suggest SPB Time:http://spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/time/?en

Pretty cool, and does a lot!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Another good calendar program is the Calendar + Today Plug in. It creates a plug in on your Today screen that displays all of your active events....it's also free. Unfortunately, I can't recall the download site. I do remember the developer is mohairsofa
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

A program that I use daily is pTravelAlarm (www.burroak.on.ca). It wakes me up every morning, without fail. It even has a snooze button that I sometimes hit several times. Lots of alarm sounds, and even a set of sounds to help you get to sleep. Not free, but well worth it in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for all those suggestions! I went with TodayAgenda and SPB Time, but I will keep all the other recommendations in mind too! How in the world do you find tutorials on some of these programs? Or is it just play around with it until you figure it out?
    Or is it just play around with it until you figure it out?
    DingDingDing!!!!!! We have a winner!!!!!!

(is there really any other way? LOL)