1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

He should have said its marginally thinner than previous units

Surur

ROFLMAO... I definitely would like to get my hands on the 780 featured in the vid and on your avatar. Rumor their is a quadband version in the works for us here in the red white and blue. My BJ II is doing a stellar job for now. Samsung does hit it well in the realm of style.
    at&t iPhone3G
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I'm really happy with it - I was a bit worried about the keyboard after the bigger one on my e61 but it's been fine.

I think you guys are getting it as the i788 in a few months?
    I knew it would be available in red!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    No offense Surur, but you slammed the Centro pre-release too for all the same reasons you are saying about the 800w and I think your critiques are certainly premature
    I seem to remember defending the looks of the pre-release Centro but I really hate this. The little things add up to a big no-no IMO. I don't like the prominence or shape of the big silver button pad, the vertical red and green buttons, the silly little menu buttons, the off-set space bar, the cut-out around the speaker, the shaping of the cut-out around the screen, or the colour. My crticisms may be premature too, but it will have to change a lot to even get as pretty as, say, the 750:

I take it all back. That version's much nicer
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    I take it all back. That version's much nicer
    British accent. I thought the 800w is released in USA first.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post

Since the Treo 800w will lack of a right shift key, we should be able to project the width of the new device by referring to the Treo 750. Anyone can figure it out? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    Since the Treo 800w will lack of a right shift key, we should be able to project the width of the new device by referring to the Treo 750. Anyone can figure it out? Thanks.
    Hardly at all.

The screen is 2" by 2". The border is just about the same width, so you can expect nearly the same dimensions for width.

Height looks about the same ratio.

I expect the only real difference will be in the depth.
    don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but there are new (still blurry) pics of the 800w on boygeniusreport.

http://tinyurl.com/4yd8ug

The side pic seems different than the one on shadowmite's blog. anyone else agree?

Riz
    Quote Originally Posted by RizP View Post
    don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but there are new (still blurry) pics of the 800w on boygeniusreport.

http://tinyurl.com/4yd8ug

The side pic seems different than the one on shadowmite's blog. anyone else agree?

Riz
    That's prettier than I expected.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Yeah, the proportions are nice. It's amazing what just having a square-on photograph can do to change the look.

However, I'm still confused as to why it looks both thicker wedge shaped on BGR, but flat-square (definitely better!) in Shadowmite's other pic

Shadowmite pic II

Chalk it up to a trick of off-angle photography again, or what?

Either way, if this is the case/form factor that will progress on to Nova, I guess I'm o.k. with it. not wowed, but ok. The OS, however... well here's hoping...

Oh, btw. The comments at the bottom of BGR: just lovely
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345