Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Thanks, I started laughing when I saw your post and I am still smiling! Thanks
    haha same!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WMExperts Articles View Post

Well that didn't take too long, now did it?

(bad joke)

Yes folks, courtesy of Shadowmite (via Palm Infocenter) we have a real live shot of the long awaited 800w.

And...that's it.

No surprises and no more info (Okay, technically the micro-USB connector is confirmed). Sort of anti-climatic, no?

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/pi...00wfinall.html
    a little yep
    The entire details of the gentleman who gave us this photo have not been posted. Suffice to say we tried to get as much detail as possible but this is about all we got. We also know it does run windows mobile. Big suprise right?
    Still lighting these forums on fire, even when POS is left for dead... quite ironic.
    I don't like it. I do hope it is a prototype. Even the Treo 750 looks more business-like than that!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...-800w-spotted/

Very business-like. Maybe too business-like?

Surur
    Engadget picked it up: http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/15/p...-keys-showing/

But they removed the source of the photo Palminfocenter / shadowmite. Bad form I say.

Just looked at engadget's pic, the serial number is not blurred as much as this one at the top right corner. I can make out most of the digits. Is someone getting in trouble? I hope it wasn't Merlin that gave you that pic.
    Last edited by ScaryHumor; 05/15/2008 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Addl info
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I for one don't think it looks horrible. My Treo 750 was the BEST WM5/6 Professional device. I had the 8125, 8525, and Tilt; I knew how to load other ROMS on it and I know how to tweak these things (Been using PPC since I was in highschool, all the way back to the Casio Cassiopeia EM-500). NO other PPC device was as easy to use, stable, and quick compared to the 750. I've since moved on to the Blackjack II (I've had the SMT-5600 and Blackjack I prior to it from the WM Standard field) due to the thinness, GPS, better screen, more attractive appearance, better battery, and louder volume. I do miss the Professional OS, but I've made do.

With that said, nothing beats a WM6+ Pro phone IMO. As long as the new Treo (GSM version) has the rumored specs - 320x320, 128/256mb memory, GPS, 400mhz processor, microSD slot, and decent battery (1300mah+) life, I'll gladly upgrade. Hopefully the Drucker has a flush screen and a slimmer profile.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    By the time the 800w is out (hopefully in July), the Samsung Instinct will be on the hands of many smartphone lovers. And don't forget the 2nd generation iphone will be out by the end of June (a month early than 800w), one more thing, the HTC Diamond Touch is also coming to Sprint in the second half of 2008. So, unless you are hardcore treo lovers, I don't see a reason to to fall back onto the (old) treo technology again. Palm really needs a lot of luck to compete in the smartphone market.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    And what software will there be for that Samsung Instinct again?

All I have to say is that while this isn't beautiful... those old prototypes make this look like a masterpiece comparatively.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...-800w-spotted/

Very business-like. Maybe too business-like?

Surur

eh.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    And what software will there be for that Samsung Instinct again?

All I have to say is that while this isn't beautiful... those old prototypes make this look like a masterpiece comparatively.
    The Instinct runs on BREW/Java. It's open source, so, expect more apps for the phone when it's officially released.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    I was wondering why nobody mentioned "slim" in this thread... no wait, gadgetluva did.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

I did some photoshop work and came up with this for the back sprint version... I can't wait for this phone!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

My idea of what it will look like in Black on Sprint..
  15.    #35  
    What a difference that makes. It looks much better.

Surur
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I agree... I think it looks much better
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    sorry about the 3 in a row... I kinda messed up, I am not that used to writing in the forums and didnt think the pic loaded... when it did.. sorry!
    It's still a red headed step child in my opinion. As much as I loved or tired to love my 700wx, I don't think I will be trading in my Blackberry 8830 for the 800w. Yea the specs look good, but that thing is fugly. I held out for as long as I could, but Palm is just a day late and dollar short in the game.

Just a little rant, but I love not having to reset my phone 2 to 3 times daily, love the instant push email that a 3rd grader can set up and love the on board GPS, Sprint navigation is actually very worth wild. Oh yea, it's ohhh so light and thin.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    What a difference that makes. It looks much better.

Surur
    Very Strange but the color made it look so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlbizzle View Post
    sorry about the 3 in a row... I kinda messed up, I am not that used to writing in the forums and didnt think the pic loaded... when it did.. sorry!
    Nice mlbizzle...I updated the story on the blog with your pic

(although I wonder if the "chrome keys" would be black too, like in this image...hmmm)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast