1.    #1  
    About year ago I bought my wife and I new Treos. New 700w's at about $400 apiece. Within a years time we have had our phones replaced 5 times under warrantee. (mine 3 times hers twice. all later finding out that the replacements are all refurbished!!)) First they had bad echo when you talked. Then it was earpieces and michrophones!!. When someone called you you couldnt hear them turn it on speaker phone and every thing seamed fine. I had the michrophone go out on mine. I could hear people but they couldnt hear me. Now my wifes phone isnt working. Another seniro where she cant hear any incoming calls!!

We like the phones...but this is such a hastle. My helper also bought a phone the same time we did and he is on his third phone too!! Verizon has been good to us in the replacement phones but I am sick of it!!

Any help would be apperciated. I have to call Verizon tonight to get a working phone for my wife. I have calles Palm once and they said they havent had any problems like this.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis
    Some cheap wireless and bluetooth headsets have the echo problem.

Sounds like you have either really bad luck or Verizon is cheaping out on the refurbs, knowing that they're going to be switching to the 800w's fairly soon.

FWIW neither of the two I had have had any of these problems (my original new or my replacement unit--my fault, not Sprints).
  3.    #3  
    800? When will that be out.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    LongLivePalm
  5.    #5  
    New phone on the way. The gal reported to me that she has had ALOT of replacements for the same reason. I would try to get info like that out of every replacement call I made and she was more than happy to let me know. Let me remind you it isnt a Verizon issue....it is a Palm issue!! Palm just keeps fixing them and sending them out. Kind of sucks!!

LLC23...I like the XV6900 Never seen an I-Phone but looks cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm den View Post
    New phone on the way. The gal reported to me that she has had ALOT of replacements for the same reason. I would try to get info like that out of every replacement call I made and she was more than happy to let me know. Let me remind you it isnt a Verizon issue....it is a Palm issue!! Palm just keeps fixing them and sending them out. Kind of sucks!!

LLC23...I like the XV6900 Never seen an I-Phone but looks cool.
    How do you know it's a Palm issue?

Sprint has their own repair centers for their phones (for refurbing).

Since Verizon seems to have many more reports of issues of this sort of thing than Sprint and other carriers (from what I've seen, YMMV), I'd suspect it's the way Verizon is handling their repairs.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    How do you know it's a Palm issue?

Sprint has their own repair centers for their phones (for refurbing).

Since Verizon seems to have many more reports of issues of this sort of thing than Sprint and other carriers (from what I've seen, YMMV), I'd suspect it's the way Verizon is handling their repairs.
    Well, I guess it could be Verizon pushing the blame on Palm. It was kind of her word it was a Palm issue. When I called Palm some time ago...of course they blamed Verizon. Now is it Verizons issue if the microphone quits working, or that no other Verizon user in our area gets a echo when talking? The earpiece nol onger works in the phone? (when speaker phone works fine??)
    I dont know anyone with a Trio and Sprint in my area. All I know is Verizon has always been there to replace the phone when Palm has done nothing for me.
  8.    #8  
    Just got off the phone again. I am 4 days over the original manufacturers warrentee. They waved the $50 fee because I made a report of the problem a month ago. BUT!!! after this there will be a 90 day warr. on any replacement phone after that it will be a $50 deductable IF I have the $5 a month ins. Funny but the gal told me that my $500 phones were already outdated that I should think about upgrading. I can upgrade with a great savings in November.
    I dont know anyone with a Trio and Sprint in my area. All I know is Verizon has always been there to replace the phone when Palm has done nothing for me.
    You can probably go into Sprint and test a Treo. I know a bunch of people who have done that.

Just got off the phone again. I am 4 days over the original manufacturers warrentee. They waved the $50 fee because I made a report of the problem a month ago. BUT!!! after this there will be a 90 day warr. on any replacement phone after that it will be a $50 deductable IF I have the $5 a month ins. Funny but the gal told me that my $500 phones were already outdated that I should think about upgrading. I can upgrade with a great savings in November.
    Sounds like the insurance plan might work out in your favor.

I know with Sprint if you have a history of problems with a phone, they'll usually upgrade you for free on the new version of it (IE: 700wx to 800w). No idea if Verizon will or won't do that.