Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    i took a treo 700wx apart and put the modem module out of my 700p into it, hoping to cheaply switch to a windows treo. well everything works except i can't send text messages to people using other carriers. other sprint users are fine not other carriers though. any ideas how to fix this, i can't download and install the sprint SMS patch due to my phone being TREO700WX-1.11-ROWAN and not TREO700WX-1.13-SPNT i'm on aim at scott5627 if you need more info feel free to bug me... i will be dilignetly working in my lab on this problem.
    You could try: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=164457

No guarantee's it'll help.

Incidentally, Goodkind's books are some of my favorites.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    ok that hasn't worked either when i get to the point it needs the rom files it says it can't find them? any ideas
    Yes, an idea......... put it back how it used to be.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    well that is what i have done for now.. but i would like to turn this extra windows treo from alltel into a working sprint treo. i have every feature working except for the ability to send text messages. i can recieve just fine but every time i send the person just recieves garbage. if i can't get this to work any ideas on the value of a working alltel 700wx? i'll be calling sprint and finding out if i can switch trade my palm one in for a windows.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Ok i got it working. so i managed to hack apart a sprint treo 700p remove the modem module place it in an Alltell 700wx... flash the system and have everything work as it should.