1.    #1  
    Is there any way of connecting my treo up to my wireless hub at home? I don't get a signal on the treo where I live, (in a valley in the middle of knowhere)

thanks in advance

daz
    You'll need a miniSD Wifi card
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    And that will let you use data access (web, email, etc.) but not make phone calls (unless you find a VoIP client somewhere.)

There are two WiFi cards I know of - the Spectec SDW-822 and the SDW-825. I have the 822 which is wireless-b only. The 825 is b/g.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    And that will let you use data access (web, email, etc.) but not make phone calls (unless you find a VoIP client somewhere.)

There are two WiFi cards I know of - the Spectec SDW-822 and the SDW-825. I have the 822 which is wireless-b only. The 825 is b/g.

Does anyone know how to configure the 825?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I would expect that, once you load the driver, it will bring up a configuration screen when you insert the card and let you enter access point information. At least that's how the 822 works. Do you have an 825?
    Hello!

I just got me a treo 750 and a spectec Wi-Fi card. If I'm browsing through a Wi-Fi network, am I using the Wi-Fi exclusively? do I need to do something to shut off my carriers GPRS network? or is it switched automatically? is there a way to set the treo to use only the Wi-Fi?

Down here in Mexico, Telcel is expensive.

Cheers!
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    When the Spectec card is inserted, the cellular data connection is disabled. Voice still works. I often find I have to do a soft reset to get the card to be recognized. If you have the Spectec card in and it is connected to an access point, you will not be using any cellular data connection - WiFi only. If it is not associated with an access point, then the Treo will try to use cellular data, even if the card is there.
    Last edited by holmes4; 06/27/2008 at 07:47 PM.