1.    #1  
    I am trying to delete WeatherPanel to free up some storage space. I access it via File Explorer, but everytime I try to delete it the phone freezes. Any ideas why and how else to get it out of my memory? Thanks.
    I am not sure about causing a freeze, but the first meathod you should use to uninstall WP is to go to Settings > Remove Programs, find it on the list, and click Remove. That should do the trick!!

P.S. Do a soft reset after just to 'freshen' things up. It also pays to run a cleaning app like MemMaid to clean out shortcuts, leftover files....
    Hard reset always works....
    Did you remove it from the today screen first?
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    Did you remove it from the today screen first?
    Good catch Painter, that always causes problems (I always forget that part) LOL!!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    It also pays to run a cleaning app like MemMaid to clean out shortcuts, leftover files....

Thanks for this suggestion. Still can't delete WeatherPanel, but MemMaid cleaned out 1/2 my storage memory of junk. Great program.
    Glad the cleaning helps, I don't know why you can't delete/uninstall WP though. If you have PocketPlus, or another app that allows safe boot-up, I would try to boot in safe mode, and work on it that way. Maybe using a reg editor to delete it? Like Resco (comes with an explorer app as well)!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpickoff View Post
    Thanks for this suggestion. Still can't delete WeatherPanel, but MemMaid cleaned out 1/2 my storage memory of junk. Great program.
    I finally got rid of it. I had to delete THEMES first, then up to WEATHERPANEL, that deleted, then up to MARSWARE, then that was able to be deleted. Never saw that happen before.
    Glad you finally got it!!