1.    #1  
    It seems like most people here use spectec wifi for the 700wx. But they have several so which one will work and whats the difference? I know the first one is SDIO but don't know if that matters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPECTEC-SDW-821-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2BSI%26otn%3D4

Thanks

This is a verizon 700wx if it matters.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    They're both SDIO... Something more than storage on an SD Card... the black one has 802.11B and G, and the blue one looks like it's only B. I don't know if they are supported, I don't know why not, but personally I can't be sure
    LongLivePalm
    i personally bought the socket 802.11g sdio card from this site and i love it. i've had a little trouble with the wifi companion software that comes with the card. it doesnt always find my home network without some fuss. on open networks however, ive had zero problems.

the real question is are you going to buy an 800 (pending title) when it's released later this year, and is buying a network card for this phone worth it (rumor has it that the 800 will have built-in wifi)?
    I think that the 800 needs to have wifi to keep up with competition, thats just my personal selling point and view
  5.    #5  
    Well I do plan to get a 800 eventually but not as soon as it comes out since I bought the 700wx in February. So I am willing to spend the money on a wifi card, just not sure which one is working the best for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ross410 View Post
    Well I do plan to get a 800 eventually but not as soon as it comes out since I bought the 700wx in February. So I am willing to spend the money on a wifi card, just not sure which one is working the best for everyone.
    give the socket a serious look. i literally use it every day and a lot at work when there is 'down time' and i want to watch my sling mobile player on our wifi network.
    what ever happened to the SDIO wifi card that had memory on it too? I think it was from SanDisk if I'm not mistaken...