Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    wow this is a really dumb view. of course this is 100% wrong. RIMM just started targeting consumers a few years ago. total ignorance. Palm a la handspring beat them to the mass market by years.
    I think what Darth Pooh is trying to say is that RIMM has always dominated the business/company market, something that the 700wx and 800w have been geared towards.

    Saying that the "business smartphone market" was/is dominated by RIMM would be much more accurate. The consumer market is where traditionally RIMM has lacked a presence, though that is changing with their newer models (such as the Curve).
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    wow this is a really dumb view. of course this is 100% wrong. RIMM just started targeting consumers a few years ago. total ignorance. Palm a la handspring beat them to the mass market by years.
    Again you speak from ZERO knowledge... I hate when you acknowledge my posts. I've been with the Treo since the 300, I know who made what and when. Ebag clearly understood what I said... sorry you couldn't get it.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Again you speak from ZERO knowledge... I hate when you acknowledge my posts. I've been with the Treo since the 300, I know who made what and when. Ebag clearly understood what I said... sorry you couldn't get it.
    we were talking about who invented the category. not who had a higher share in business when. Rimm dominated business when it was using mobitek and no voice app. Was that inventing the Smartphone category. Of course not. The treo was the first mainstream device that hit critical mass and mind share and innovation and risk based leading edge features got it there when Rimm was sitll getting outlook to sync right on a 5mhz SMS network.

    right now. the opposite is true.
  4. #24  
    CRITICAL MASS defined by what?! Business? Consumer? Because we know the answers to that, Business peaked first... and RIMM had that market.

    Why is it that in order to have a front KB design you need to pay for it from RIMM? Without that design Handspring had nothing... and Ebag made a great point, Handspring perfected it, but it doesn't change the fact that RIMM created it. Palm may have brought it to the masses, but that was well after the smart phone dominated the business class.
  5. #25  
    To sum it up tho... Mal said it best. It is a comglomerate of technologies. No one company can claim the birth of the SMARTPHONE. It's just not possible... it's like Al Gore saying he created the internet, it just sounds stupid.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    To sum it up tho... Mal said it best. It is a comglomerate of technologies. No one company can claim the birth of the SMARTPHONE. It's just not possible... it's like Al Gore saying he created the internet, it just sounds stupid.
    critical mass by volume of the market. and yes its a conglomerate of technologies but most people agree. Handspring put all the disparate techngoloies together and truly innovated here. they took the keyboard from rimm, and lots of other things from others too...and put it together with a leading edge product that people across all segements used.

    Even today, all the new phones out of Samsugn, Motorola, HTC copy that original form factor and combination of feature set that handspring pioneered well ahead of Rimm's cool keyboard.

    it's pretty obvious and not even debatable and frankly to say that they didn't do all this stuff--is ridiculous to even try to debate so i'm not sure why you are still trying. like when you thought wcdma was Japanese cuz you saw it on wiki.
  7. #27  
    Heh. You're right. I said WCDMA was in Japan, and I am still right.

    You're right... Handspring did innovate... they didn't create it. Which makes me still correct.

    Keep shouting stupid things louder and people like you so much less. When you post, you help my case. Everytime. I wish you would reread your posts so you would pity yourself as much as other people pity you. The problem is... you know just enough information to not sound stupid... and that's dangerous. But it's clear to most you know little to nothing to be considered intelligent on the subject.

    I needed to add that you twisted my words once again, because you like doing that to cover up your absurb BS. I never once said Palm (HS) didn't innovate. There was a reason I owned the 300 and 600; the only competitor was Samsung (for Sprint) and they pretty much had the same feature set as HS minus the keyboard. Still, what I originally said, I still stand by. BB had more customers than HS at the time of the Treo 300... which means RIMM had that market cornered. You've change the topic to make your point work.

    Please click ignore next to my name. Don't respond to my posts because you never really respond, you just spout off different information to make yourself look more intelligent than you really are. I consider you a troll.
    Last edited by Darth Pooh; 05/16/2008 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Added the ignore me request.
  8. #28  
    palm will surely rebound in the coming years and it seems that this 800w is the first of so many great handsets to be released in the market.
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
  9. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by HHSP_user View Post
    palm will surely rebound in the coming years and it seems that this 800w is the first of so many great handsets to be released in the market.

    I just don't see them making significant ground in the wm sector with this device - not with the competition it's going to have. i740, the bold, the diamond, the 3g iphone etc etc. It's crowded out there and palm needed to hitch up it's skirts and show a bit of leg - something they have failed to do (even if the finished design is black and a bit more shiny).
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    palm needed to hitch up it's skirts and show a bit of leg - something they have failed to do (even if the finished design is black and a bit more shiny).
    They should paint it with a glitter finish!












    What? It works on Bass boats!
  11. #31  
    Coat the entire phone in a mirror surface so everyone driving or walking around you knows what phone you have without even looking.
  12. #32  
    I agree with Ebag333. Glitter might be the straw that breaks the Palm camel's back and puts them into contention with the rest of the business phones. Or end up putting them against itself with the Centro and imploding due to so many of the same Palm phones and can't match up with the other mobile companies phone designs.
    Better yet, Palm why not concentrate on kids phones and go head to head with Firefly or Disney?
  13. #33  
    You said it was a Japanese technology. Twice and with conviction. I even found the wiki article you used and it said it was japanese tech mistakingly. When I pointed out the wiki article on the tech being japanese was right you said I was an ***** or somethign and that "wiki is right". nice try with the backpedal tho. (actually it's lame)

    And what do you mean I changed the subject about Palm being the folks who defined the categgory. I was the one who said the were, you decided to chime in saying you didn't think they were. learn your phone stuff before trying to put it out here and stop starting arguments you can't finish.

    oh and you keep making arguments about how people are not going to like me if I don't stop disagreeing with you or whatever. Guess what -I could give a flying F___. I just want a good phone and am tired of the crappy treo 700p i've had for 2 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Heh. You're right. I said WCDMA was in Japan, and I am still right.

    You're right... Handspring did innovate... they didn't create it. Which makes me still correct.

    Keep shouting stupid things louder and people like you so much less. When you post, you help my case. Everytime. I wish you would reread your posts so you would pity yourself as much as other people pity you. The problem is... you know just enough information to not sound stupid... and that's dangerous. But it's clear to most you know little to nothing to be considered intelligent on the subject.

    I needed to add that you twisted my words once again, because you like doing that to cover up your absurb BS. I never once said Palm (HS) didn't innovate. There was a reason I owned the 300 and 600; the only competitor was Samsung (for Sprint) and they pretty much had the same feature set as HS minus the keyboard. Still, what I originally said, I still stand by. BB had more customers than HS at the time of the Treo 300... which means RIMM had that market cornered. You've change the topic to make your point work.

    Please click ignore next to my name. Don't respond to my posts because you never really respond, you just spout off different information to make yourself look more intelligent than you really are. I consider you a troll.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    You said it was a Japanese technology. Twice and with conviction. I even found the wiki article you used and it said it was japanese tech mistakingly. When I pointed out the wiki article on the tech being japanese was right you said I was an ***** or somethign and that "wiki is right". nice try with the backpedal tho. (actually it's lame)

    And what do you mean I changed the subject about Palm being the folks who defined the categgory. I was the one who said the were, you decided to chime in saying you didn't think they were. learn your phone stuff before trying to put it out here and stop starting arguments you can't finish.

    oh and you keep making arguments about how people are not going to like me if I don't stop disagreeing with you or whatever. Guess what -I could give a flying F___. I just want a good phone and am tired of the crappy treo 700p i've had for 2 years.

    Ahh, my favorite angry troll. I still say with conviction that WCDMA is a technology found in Japan. I never said it was Japanese created technology... just that you can find WCDMA in Japan, which is still right. I thought at one point... before Tmo went 3G in NY, they were supposed to hire Nokia or DoCoMo (not really sure which one, don't remember) to build their 3G network in WCDMA, don't think it ever happened. But I do know that WCDMA is the most popular network in Japan... I don't know why you hate Wikipedia so much, but I didn't use it as a reference, even though I know you sleep at night thinking I did. My backpedal???... another flip of the words... again, look in my original post about how YOU WERE WRONG (and oh my, look you still are, that there was no mention of CDMA at the HTC announcements, whereas you tried deflecting it onto me).

    The irony about this is, I posted in this thread before you. Therefore you have an opinion and I have an opinion. I never once called yours dumb, because I know thats just what they are... opinions. I know you have convictions but you attacked mine because they don't match yours. Your simply trying to make something of this because I made you look like an ***** in another thread (with real facts). The best you have is coming at the fact that I said RIMM dominated with fleets of smartphones (I didn't mention the business sector, but obviously implied since RIMM didn't go after the consumer market until a few years ago) before Handspring dominated the consumer market (I say this because Treo 300's weren't mainstream, I'd say domination came with the 600, but RIMM already had the NAME for themselves by the time that device came around).

    You think I said you should agree with me so people would like you?! Where did you read that?! I said they hate you because you make stuff up... like THAT! At anyrate, I'd hate for you to actually really ignore me. I said that in full knowledge you'd come back with something else... I gotta admit, I enjoy this banter. Helps pass the time til I get my 800... and yeah, you might want to think about ditching that 700p sooner than later. I gave mine up 5 months after release and had Sprint send me the wx as a free replacement. Two years later... it lasted longer than my first marriage.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions