1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I'm having multiple issues with my Treo 750WX Windows Mobile phone. The main issue is freezing. I've looked around for solutions but see nothing that will do any justice. The phone every two weeks freezes. I take the battery out put it back in and we're fine. Within these two week time frames you can see a gradual decline in performance. Immediately after the battery being taken out and put back in everything runs fast. Then after one week I start seeing a slow down, example being end of call alerts sometimes come after 10 minutes. Also the alarm on my phone goes off 2 hours earlier than it's suppose to. Lastly, when I'm receiving a call and hit the accept button it takes 5-10 seconds before it accepts it. It's been pretty frustrating because the phone is less than a year old. I'm open to any suggestions so please feel free to offer input.

Thanks again,

Paul
    Perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. Windows Mobile has a nasty little glitch that does not close apps, only puts them to the background, so eventually you will slow down. Actually 2 weeks is pretty good!! I would suggest using a Task Manager like MagicButton (free), or another app that includes one!! Also, a soft reset is highly suggested at different intervals (some do daily, basically guage for yourself by how your device acts). Your basically doing one now (taking battery out) when you freeze, but you can do one directly from MagicButton avoiding taking your device apart, and trust me....it helps to do it BEFORE you wind up freezing!!!

http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks Im going to try this out. My phone died this morning. I have had 4 in the last 2 weeks.

I will take it back everyday if need be. You should at least give a soft reset every 48 hrs. This ensures things run smoothly, but this button seems to be a big asset, not to big of a program but right to the point. Thanks.
    Treo 800w
    I used Magic Button all the time until I got MobileShell!!! It does have a small memory footprint, is very easy to learn, and (if you use it right) keeps things running smooth, and for the price, you MORE than get your money's worth LOL!!!
    I have mobile shell too. It doesnt close out your programs though, do it? I love mobile shell it is the best. All the people always talking about the iphone, well put mobile shell and voila better
    Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by bennysangel View Post
    I have mobile shell too. It doesnt close out your programs though, do it? I love mobile shell it is the best. All the people always talking about the iphone, well put mobile shell and voila better
    MobileShell doesn't close the programs, but there is a reset icon in the Home tab that makes resets easy!! PocketPlus has a task manager.

Personally, if you use MobileShell, I would include MagicButton on your device, and use it to close apps, or just wing it, and do a reset every night or so!!!
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Something else that will improve performance, especially if you access the Web a lot, is MemMaid or some other type of clean up program. Just like with your PC, your PPC will accumulate Internet "debris" while you surf. With a click, you'll get rid of cookies, IE history, temp files, cache files, etc.
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway