1.    #1  
    Coming back from Dulles to LAX today, my treo 700w was happily working away in NOVO, right to the gate. Switched off for flight except an accidental "on" incident for a minute or so while i was playing solitare. When I landed, the I wanted to put the phone back on again. When you press the power button, it'll show the "velcome to verizon" page, but then drop back to the line that the phone is off. Nothing seems to be abel to get it to put the phone back on. The hand held is still unusable for everything else (like solitaire and word and reading old emails, just for nothing involving communications.)

Any ideas of what I could try next?

Thanks,
    Mark
    1. Soft reset?

2. Remove the battery for a few seconds, then put it back in.

3. Hard reset (worse scenario).

Of course, if the other 2 doesn't work, you would probably need to get a new phone. But prior to getting a new phone, a hard reset is the only other option.

Also, how much battery power do you have left? I know I had a problem once when my device would not turn on the phone, which was due to a lower battery. Of course, this seemed to have been resolved after a software upgrade to 1.15 (Sprint).
    I agree with all those suggestions, that does tend to happen at times on my VZW-WX as well, and a reset usually kicks the phone radio back on. If nothing works, and you have insurance, or are still under the year warranty, you may want to see if VZW will replace it.

Or, you could get a new device, and sell your current for parts/testing!!
    Good luck!!!
    Mine is doing the same thing....progressivly got worse and worse. Now I have to power 15-20 times before she kicks on...I tried a hard restar....doesn't help. You would think a phone that retails for over $400 would last a little longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by PARALYZER View Post
    Mine is doing the same thing....progressivly got worse and worse. Now I have to power 15-20 times before she kicks on...I tried a hard restar....doesn't help. You would think a phone that retails for over $400 would last a little longer.
    THAT is terrible....how long have you had the device? I would call or go into your provider's tech department and see what they can do, or get a replacement device. If your in the year Palm warranty, they should be able to replace it for free (through Palm of course), but if your not, do you have insurance with your provider?