Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just found this on google news....

http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/05/06...-drop-june-22/

Weíre hearing more and more about the Sprint Treo 800w, the first new Treo from Palm sporting the new Centro-like re-design. Itís a good looking phone, WinMo aside, and has many fanbois up in a tizzy.

WMExperts has it that the 800w will hit the streets for Sprint on July 22nd. Whatís notable about this device is that itís the first Palm smartphone with integrated WiFi, something many have been clamoring for.

Palmís always given WiFi a backseat to other forms of data connectivity, so weíre hoping this is a sign that itís accepted that WiFi is here to stay and is a feature users want.

No word on pricing yet, but weíre guessing in the $399 with contract range, if not less.
    I just recieved this on my BJII via google alerts. They could at least feed us more details, some sneak pics, etc about the device to hold us over and to help in justifying the wait. So much hush, hush. With the wait and all, this thing should be an ace out of the box.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Actually this report came from WMexperts...Malatesta.

I am pretty sure Malatesta is totally making this up and has no real info. In fact I know where he got the date. from my contest entry here...he is such a stalker.
    Here is post 599 from the "guess your treo 800 date" made the guess all the way back in march. and im pretty sure im the only one who got that date (at least until you made your post).

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    July 22nd
    I'm really starting to like Malatesta....
    Last edited by gadgetfreaky; 05/07/2008 at 10:52 PM.
    Well, let silly season officially begin. It is about time. This release has been killing me.

Nice to maybe see some light at the end of the tunnel. My WX is is getting pretty old.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    But that means I only have two months to play with custom ROM's for my 700wx.
    The irony of July 22 and who "guessed" it first is hardly lost on me but I still stick by my article (even with the repercussions).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    So July 22 is not the real date? Now we are all fools because I just tell my manager and my co-workers to wait until this date.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    So July 22 is not the real date? Now we are all fools because I just tell my manager and my co-workers to wait until this date.
    dates always change, but the difference here is that i guarantee you that it wont be july 22nd and i will come and say "oh, it got delayed again.." lol... this is the date and for any reason it wont get released we will defenitaly know at least a week or two beforehand
    July 22 is my Birthday....what a great present that would be....
    Or a great let down.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The irony of July 22 and who "guessed" it first is hardly lost on me but I still stick by my article (even with the repercussions).
    Yep. Ironic.
    you know, if I were to change my guess, I'd pull it up.
    I mean if the testing is pretty much done, why is it gonna take them til july to push this baby out?
    If you look at the announced features there really is not that much new about the product to push it out. Like it's not exactly an OLED screen. It's not even really cool resoltion. It pretty much just has GPS built in in some form + Wifi. And wifi these days is kinda passe.

Iphone looks to be next month. HTC is probably going to be out sooner with the Diamond since they have hit the FCC already and it has a VGA screen for gosh sakes.

So either they have a really cool feature nobody knows about yet, or they sure are taking a long time to come out with this thing.
    So either they have a really cool feature nobody knows about yet, or they sure are taking a long time to come out with this thing.
    From what I hear (not that you'll believe me, lol) there are various firmware and hardware versions floating around with slightly different configurations.

Testing is almost done but the final version is going out now for some concluding tests before it heads for full production in mid-June. What are some of those last minute changes, no one knows but I'm not betting on anything really huge (perhaps enabling RevA, slight button changes, etc.).

Dieter also believes (discussed in this week's podcast) that Palm is going for a simultaneous release on both GSM (Vodafone Drucker) and CDMA--that level of coordination also may be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    From what I hear (not that you'll believe me, lol) there are various firmware and hardware versions floating around with slightly different configurations.

Testing is almost done but the final version is going out now for some concluding tests before it heads for full production in mid-June. What are some of those last minute changes, no one knows but I'm not betting on anything really huge (perhaps enabling RevA, slight button changes, etc.).

Dieter also believes (discussed in this week's podcast) that Palm is going for a simultaneous release on both GSM (Vodafone Drucker) and CDMA--that level of coordination also may be a factor.
    No that sounds credible.
    Although if the Iphone comes out next month and the Diamond hits earlier than expceted next month also (GSM version not cdma). won't that put pressure on them to release early. If I were sprint I'd be like--for the love of god cut us a break and give us the phone if its ready anyway.
    No that sounds credible.
    Although if the Iphone comes out next month and the Diamond hits earlier than expceted next month also (GSM version not cdma). won't that put pressure on them to release early. If I were sprint I'd be like--for the love of god cut us a break and give us the phone if its ready anyway.
    Actually, if I were Palm I'd be very worried about this:

While the Diamond and iPhone 2 will get the mass coverage, those BB's will be the real competition with the 800w at the enterprise level (though, no doubt some waiting for the 800w will jump for those other devices--anyway we cut it, the longer, the harder it'll be).

Man with no iphone showing available at the apple store it sure sems like the Iphone launch is gonna be very soon. realistically, they probably are going to have something within the month maybe even sooner.
    No question the iphone will have 3g and really cool GPS apps plus lots of integration into google related apps which I tend to use.
    Questons remain--will it have a OLED screen (that would be luscious and incredible)...and some rumors state one version might have a keyboard.
    that's the only thing holding me back...I don't think I can live with pure touch.

If it comes out next week do I wait to buy the Treo or at least see its specs? or do I abandon sprint for ATT and apple...

of course, Tmobile might buy sprint and I could just use my iphone on that in a while. What do to...the one big plus is the wait for my next phone is nearings its end. One way or another, this summer, I will finally ditch my treo 700P for something cool.
    Man with no iphone showing available at the apple store it sure sems like the Iphone launch is gonna be very soon. realistically, they probably are going to have something within the month maybe even sooner.
    No question the iphone will have 3g and really cool GPS apps plus lots of integration into google related apps which I tend to use.
    Questons remain--will it have a OLED screen (that would be luscious and incredible)...and some rumors state one version might have a keyboard.
    that's the only thing holding me back...I don't think I can live with pure touch.

If it comes out next week do I wait to buy the Treo or at least see its specs? or do I abandon sprint for ATT and apple...

of course, Tmobile might buy sprint and I could just use my iphone on that in a while. What do to...the one big plus is the wait for my next phone is nearings its end. One way or another, this summer, I will finally ditch my treo 700P for something cool.

I haven't seen the informaton that Apple may release a model with a keyboard. Of course I do not follow the apple boards the way I do with Treo's and Touches'
    yeah. essentially the rumor is its fifty percent larger than the iphone but with keyboard and more functionality

more like a mini mac in a phone. I saw it on .mac rumors I think. at gym now so can't look.

my guess is 3g iphone in three weeks. with biggee iphone announced in june.
    yeah. essentially the rumor is its fifty percent larger than the iphone but with keyboard and more functionality

That's stinkin' huge!

If I wanted that sort of size, my Redfly fits my needs much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

That's stinkin' huge!

If I wanted that sort of size, my Redfly fits my needs much better.
    well if you held an iphone, that;s super small. it'd be the smallest micro pc out there. see below

The reason for a pre-WWDC announcement? Reportedly, Apple would instead announce a brand new portable device at WWDC. No other details of what this device might be, but there have been rumors that Apple was developing a mini-tablet multitouch device for launch in 2008. This PDA-like device would reportedly have a higher screen resolution (720x480) and be about 1.5x the size of the existing iPhone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast