1.    #1  
    Hi,
    Long-time 650 owner, but new to the 700wx & WM game. I've searched but have been unable to find a thread that talks about the largest-sized SD card that the 700wx can accept, via customization or otherwise. If by customization, what needs to be done? Links to related threads will suffice.

Your help is much appreciated =).

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoeleven View Post
    Hi,
    Long-time 650 owner, but new to the 700wx & WM game. I've searched but have been unable to find a thread that talks about the largest-sized SD card that the 700wx can accept, via customization or otherwise. If by customization, what needs to be done? Links to related threads will suffice.

Your help is much appreciated =).

Thanks.
    2GB is primo, but you can go as high as 4GB. The only mod you may need is if you have an SDHC card, and all you need for that is this:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    You can buy a 4 gig sd card too. i got mines from flashmemorystore.com. Mines worked good and i have not installed that patch but i will keep it for future reference just in case i want to increase size.
    Treo 800w
    You can buy a 4 gig sd card too. i got mine from flashmemorystore.com. Mine worked good and i have not installed that patch but i will keep it for future reference just in case i want to increase size.
    Treo 800w
    So an 8gb sd would definitely not work though? I'd love to be able to pack a whole lot of memory on there for music and videos and software.
    8gb cards are not supported by the WM5 OS apparently.

The biggest supported is 4gig...

If you do a search others have mentioned getting 8gig cards to be recognized but there are issues using them. You need the hack mentioned above and it never shows more then 4gig of usable storage. Some have used the 8gig cards and partitioned it so they had 4gig for the treo and 4gig for other usages since it doesn't get accessed by the Treo.

I have had my memory card "disappear" at times using the above hack which required a soft reset to bring back recognition of the SD card...

I would get a non HC SD 4 gig card and be happy with that... I use a 2 gig now and it works pretty well. But will likely look into getting a 4 gig sd card when I get a new camera and use the 2 2gig cards I have now for that camera...
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all the responses, guys. I've decided to go w/ a 4GB HCSD card since there was a good deal on them (SanDisk Extreme 3 + reader for $17 after rebate). If it doesn't work, I can go w/ a standard 2GB SD.

Much appreciated =).
    let us know how your new card works.
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    8gb cards are not supported by the WM5 OS apparently.
    Actually, SDHC is not supported by WM5. The limitation on SD cards is currently technology restricted. The largest SD (non-SDHC) is 4Gb. I doubt there will be any R&D towards SD (Non-SDHC) cards > 4Gb, since everything is going towards SDHC. I could be wrong, because I don't know if Palm OS or Symbian supports SDHC.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    How do you replace the two .dll files , where do they live on the system.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    found the files but can not deleat them
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    2GB is primo, but you can go as high as 4GB. The only mod you may need is if you have an SDHC card, and all you need for that is this:
    An dit dosent work , everytime I reset now I lose the card, it never did work for the four gig card and I can get it to work for the 2 gig card , but like i said if I reset no card at all.

and of course I did not back up the two .dll files so not sure what to do next , was thimking about a hard reset or 0 reset , but not sure I want to go thur the work of getting everything back.
    I just bought a 4gb SD Ultra II card from some online site, not sure what it was now, but when it shipped it was from china. net-stick.com is what it was, but i cant get pages to load from them now. It was only like $34 and i got a pair of motorola S9 headphones for like $50 but when those came they were knockoffs and broke within the first day of using them.
    Sometimes if a deal is too good to be true...it is.

Other times you can actually get a halfway decent product. But when spending that little on your purchase, you're flipping a coin as to what you get.

General rule of thumb:
    Quality, Cheap, Fast. Pick two.
  15.    #15  
    I saw the same issue where I wasn't able to copy the suggested DLL's into the \Windows folder per the instructions. Never got them to copy, so I stopped at the file rename process altogether (so I only installed the SDHC.cab file), and the card is still being correctly recognized as a 4GB. So far I've got ~2GB on the card, and no complaints yet (fingers still crossed).

Thanks to all for your help.