Page 99 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2070
    Thanks for responding back NR and the intel...
  2. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Only problem with Skyfire, is that is renders all of the pages on Skyfires servers. This is a big privacy concern. Their privacy statement says they capture your browsing trends and sell the data to third parties.

...so the privacy bits can't say anything important anyway....

Please read those TOS' - you'll be surprised what lurks within....
    Cheers

Charles
    It's off topic,

but is that true about spyfire, I mean skyfire?

That's Scary!
    Just call me Berd.
    Thanks to NightRaven for posting those reg tweaks to restore the old PIE in the 1.2 ROM. I was holding out trying to force myself to deal with the new one, but it's really a memory hog. Probably not meant to be on the old wx. I had one of the real uncontrollable-smile moments when I got to use the d-pad again for navigation. So much easier to browse under the table during meetings that way.

One thing though - I'm noticing that in the last few days I'm having horrendous issues with SPB Mobile Shell being really laggy. It never happened before and I was actually fine for a few weeks even with the 1.2 ROM. Anyone else running that combo seeing issues?

I'd dump it, but need something like that. Default WM interface just isn't cool enough. :-) Any suggestions?
    btw NR... I have an 8 gig sdhc card that I formatted to fat32 and it reads perfect with your 1.2 Sprint ROM...

well done...
    Would like to know if anyone can link to ebags kitchen as his link is broken and doesn't look like it will be fixed. Well not broken per say, just will not download file, says "The file link that you requested is not valid".
    I will be posting release 1.3 tonight or tomorrow. I have finally been able to port a working XIP thanks to a tool that LennySH developed (XIPKitchen). The only changes in this release are the new 20931 XIP, and I have updated gwes.exe to match the sys and new xip.
    Alltel/Bell/Telus - Release 1.3 Build 20931

Verizon - Release 1.3 Build 20931

Sprint - Release 1.3 Build 20931

• CE OS 5.2.20931 (Build 20931.1.5.0)
    • Release 1.2 with the following changes
    • Updated XIP to 20931. Build numbers now match.
    might have gotten a bad dump with GrabIt. I reloaded my OLD ROM to compare the difference and I cannot send SMS. get an error relating to tmail.exe

I am reloading it again as maybe it was a bad flash.

Will try out the 1.3 later, Thanks NR!
    I am working on a WM 6.5 alpha rom, using a mix of builds up to 21143. Currently the rom is booting, but it is hanging on the WM6.5 welcome screen just before it should display the screen calibration.

I'll will be working on this again today and tonight. I'll try to keep you all updated on the progress.
    Oh Yeah Baby!

NR you are great dude.

I loaded the 1.3 ROM and it works great,except the little area beside the SIP panel, looks funny is all.

I will gladly try your 6.5 Rom once you get it bootable to report on my Verizon/Unicel Hybrid Compatability.
    Quote Originally Posted by revpd View Post
    Thanks to NightRaven for posting those reg tweaks to restore the old PIE in the 1.2 ROM. I was holding out trying to force myself to deal with the new one, but it's really a memory hog. Probably not meant to be on the old wx. I had one of the real uncontrollable-smile moments when I got to use the d-pad again for navigation. So much easier to browse under the table during meetings that way.

One thing though - I'm noticing that in the last few days I'm having horrendous issues with SPB Mobile Shell being really laggy. It never happened before and I was actually fine for a few weeks even with the 1.2 ROM. Anyone else running that combo seeing issues?

I'd dump it, but need something like that. Default WM interface just isn't cool enough. :-) Any suggestions?
    Hello I am using the wm 6.1-5.2.20924 (build-20931.1.5.0) and i have the spb mobile shell 2.1, and the new pie i had the same issue on lagg on the spb shell only!! but i used cleartemp from freewareppc.net and it runs faster it gets rid of bad boots and bad registry and internet cache and folders and its free. im a firefighter and look at these things on my spare time i would try that program to see if that speeds it up. and also on the pie being a memory hog it is but when i use the cleartemp every time i cut my phone off it clear the files and cache and history. i have a two year old treo 700wx alltel hope this works for you and THANKS TO NIGHTRAVEN AGAIN FOR THE ROM AND CAN'T WAIT UNTILL HE STARTS 6.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I am working on a WM 6.5 alpha rom, using a mix of builds up to 21143. Currently the rom is booting, but it is hanging on the WM6.5 welcome screen just before it should display the screen calibration.

I'll will be working on this again today and tonight. I'll try to keep you all updated on the progress.
    First thing THANKS for the rom i love it great work!!! Hello i was wondering if your last build had much differences from the alltel build wm 6.1 5.2.20924 build (20931.1.5.0) or should i wait until you start to post wm 6.5 and also have you tried cleartemp on freewareppc.net to delete the bad boots and cache,history i think it works with the sluggish on pie internet too. Im a firefighter and research alot on my spare time Ive got a couple of firefighters to use your roms.the firefighters supports u thanks. Also I have a extra 700wx on alltel network i try with the builds that i dont use before i put the build on the treo i use every day. So i will let you know on the Wm 6.5 build off any errors when u post thanks and have a great day.
    This just in.... i just recieved my 8GB class 6 ADATA MicroSDHC card in for my DSTT and thought I would give it a whirl in the treo. SLid it into my Kingston SD adapter and tossed it in the Treo.

Running 1.3 NR I am able to access it and read all 7.46GB of it.

SO there it is SDHC is supported well in NRs releases.
    All - just finished testing a theory and it seems to check out:

Most spb software does NOT play well with wm6.1. NightRaven's ROM rocks when I run it by itself, but when I load mobile shell and/or diary, looks a whole lot like a mem leak. Gonna try wisbar and ilauncher to see if they're better.
    All - just finished testing a theory and it seems to check out:

Most spb software does NOT play well with wm6.1. NightRaven's ROM rocks when I run it by itself, but when I load mobile shell and/or diary, looks a whole lot like a mem leak. Gonna try wisbar and ilauncher to see if they're better.
    Hmmm...

I am having no trouble with performance or memory leaks with any of:

Spb PocketPlus
    Spb Diary
    Spb Weather
    Spb Time.

I was using 1.2 since its release and now 1.3.

Spb Mobile Shell may indeed have issues, but I cannot confirm nor deny that as I don't use it. Thus, most Spb software seems to run just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Hmmm...

I am having no trouble with performance or memory leaks with any of:

Spb PocketPlus
    Spb Diary
    Spb Weather
    Spb Time.

I was using 1.2 since its release and now 1.3.

Spb Mobile Shell may indeed have issues, but I cannot confirm nor deny that as I don't use it. Thus, most Spb software seems to run just fine.
    I'm still having some issues. Everything was fine when I loaded 1.2 for the first time, but then the phone performance gradually degraded over a few weeks after I loaded up my Spb add-ons. It would give me those "no memory available" messages when I had nothing even running... programs would hang, PIE would lag on responses to user input, and it got to the point where I was soft-resetting 2 or 3 times a day.

I took pocket plus off first, then mobile shell, then finally diary yesterday and the phone finally started acting normally. It's still a bit temperamental if I don't exit all programs after using them, but I wonder if that's from all the registry stuff left from me removing programs. I'm very encouraged that you're having good luck with your Spb stuff... maybe I'll try again without mobile shell. I'll start out fresh with 1.3 tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by firetreo View Post
    Hello I am using the wm 6.1-5.2.20924 (build-20931.1.5.0) and i have the spb mobile shell 2.1, and the new pie i had the same issue on lagg on the spb shell only!! but i used cleartemp from freewareppc.net and it runs faster it gets rid of bad boots and bad registry and internet cache and folders and its free. im a firefighter and look at these things on my spare time i would try that program to see if that speeds it up. and also on the pie being a memory hog it is but when i use the cleartemp every time i cut my phone off it clear the files and cache and history. i have a two year old treo 700wx alltel hope this works for you and THANKS TO NIGHTRAVEN AGAIN FOR THE ROM AND CAN'T WAIT UNTILL HE STARTS 6.5.
    Hey thanks for the tip firetreo! Cleartemp definitely made the phone faster. I'll include it when I retry mobile shell after I load the 1.3 ROM.
    I'm still having some issues. Everything was fine when I loaded 1.2 for the first time, but then the phone performance gradually degraded over a few weeks after I loaded up my Spb add-ons. It would give me those "no memory available" messages when I had nothing even running... programs would hang, PIE would lag on responses to user input, and it got to the point where I was soft-resetting 2 or 3 times a day.

I took pocket plus off first, then mobile shell, then finally diary yesterday and the phone finally started acting normally. It's still a bit temperamental if I don't exit all programs after using them, but I wonder if that's from all the registry stuff left from me removing programs. I'm very encouraged that you're having good luck with your Spb stuff... maybe I'll try again without mobile shell. I'll start out fresh with 1.3 tomorrow.
    If you are using 1.2/1/3 then you are using the newer Internet Explorer (IEM as opposed to PIE) and this appears to be a memory hog due to (as near as I can figure) temp files being kept in main memory as opposed to the SD Card. Naturally, if you delete some other stuff out of memory you'll suddenly ( and temporarily, really) get rid of "out of memory" errors. There are probably registry hacks to fix this, but I have not seen any yet for IEM, only PIE, and they do nto seem to be the same beast as far as the registry hacks are concerned.

So... might your issue really be with IEM? That's worth checking out, anyway. You could try going into IEM and deleting temp files and see if that fixes the issue.

If you are using YouTube at all you'll find that IEM chews up main memory very quickly. I suspect (unproven) that this is all about temp files being in main memory.

If ClearTemp solves this problem for you that is a very strong indicator that the size and location of IEM temp files is the culprit.
    Ok I'm gonna start out again fresh. Removing all the SPB software has now left some of the default functions not working either, so my phone is not all that usable. I'll flash to 1.3, use it for a while keeping an eye on my temp items, then gradually load up the SPB stuff. I might skip pocket plus to avoid the extra memory usage... What I really use it for is to kill programs. Does anyone know a good, stripped-down utility that just does that?