Page 97 of 104 FirstFirst ... 47879293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2070
  1. #1921  
    Also, Palm changed their website. the old links to the Sprint SD Updater has been changed. It can now be found HERE: (http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.palm.com/SPNT700wxSDUpdater115.zip). I would post the SD Updater link for Verizon, but it has been completely removed or not yet ported to the new site.

    And yes... the Sprint 1.15 SD Updater works fine on the Verizon 700wx, just delete the firmware.bin from the SD before inserting the SD card into the phone. I am Verizon and can 100% verify this.
  2. #1922  
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSR View Post
    Also, Palm changed their website. the old links to the Sprint SD Updater has been changed. It can now be found HERE: (http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.palm.com/SPNT700wxSDUpdater115.zip). I would post the SD Updater link for Verizon, but it has been completely removed or not yet ported to the new site.

    And yes... the Sprint 1.15 SD Updater works fine on the Verizon 700wx, just delete the firmware.bin from the SD before inserting the SD card into the phone. I am Verizon and can 100% verify this.
    See:

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/devic...=p&model=700wx

    You'll find all Palm-provided updates for Alltel, Bell, Sprint, Telus and Verizon.

    Sprint and Verizon have SD Card updaters posted under each carrier's link and then under Downloads > Downloads and Updates
    Last edited by westronic; 01/07/2009 at 09:15 AM.
  3. #1923  
    I've been using ebag's Testing 5 rom with my Verizon 700w for a while now. It's nice, but I keep getting "Waiting for network" in active sync. It's a known bug.

    I'm toying with the idea of trying Nightraven's 1.1 (2mb pagepool). I presume that 1.2 wouldn't work due to the measly 32mb of the 700w. Will 1.1 work on a verizon 700w?

    Thanks everyone for the hard work. It's definitely given a little more life to an old wm phone...
  4. #1924  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    See:

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/devic...=p&model=700wx

    You'll find all Palm-provided updates for Alltel, Bell, Sprint, Telus and Verizon.

    Sprint and Verizon have SD Card updaters posted under each carrier's link and then under Downloads > Downloads and Updates

    as of the time yesterday when I posted it, Palm had a page for for downloading the SD updater for Verizon, but when you go to the page no download link is there. Maybe it will be soon. Until then the Sprint SD updater worked fine after deleting the firmware.bin file from the updater. Also I just got this replacment 700wx yesterday and it was still at 1.20 for Verizon (yes its a new not a refurb) so I did the 1.24 update from Palms site first then loaded the custom ROM (NightRavens 1.1).
  5. #1925  
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSR View Post
    as of the time yesterday when I posted it, Palm had a page for for downloading the SD updater for Verizon, but when you go to the page no download link is there...
    Ah, I see what you mean. It's nothing but a placeholder at the current time.
  6. #1926  
    I am running the 1.1 release of 6.1

    I commonly use google on my today screen as a 411 tool, but I am having a problem.

    When I am using PIE and I click on a phone number to dial I get the following message:



    There is no "Yes" or "No" option, and the keyboard area of the bottom bar shows through...

    Is there a way to fix this, or if not to disable this security feature?
    Last edited by Vetack; 01/07/2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Added screenshot instead of description
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
  7. #1927  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetack View Post
    I am running the 1.1 release of 6.1

    I commonly use google on my today screen as a 411 tool, but I am having a problem.

    When I am using PIE and I click on a phone number to dial I get the following message:



    There is no "Yes" or "No" option, and the keyboard area of the bottom bar shows through...

    Is there a way to fix this, or if not to disable this security feature?
    Where did the other icons on the task bar come from? I'm testing your issue on my phone now...

    Update: Yep, the warning page is HUGE! However, there is a work around. When you see the page, hit the middle button on the d-pad.
  8. #1928  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Where did the other icons on the task bar come from?
    Magic Button


    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    However, there is a work around. When you see the page, hit the middle button on the d-pad.
    Hmmm... That works... Why didn't I think of that?


    New Question:

    I have one website for work which I can only visit from a computer because the WAP Browser version of the site does not work.

    I have tried the following:
    Manually editing all of the User-Agent values in the registry
    Using Opera (opera is not supported for this site)
    Trying Tweaks 2k2

    But the website still picks up my browser as a mobile device...

    Any way around this?
    Last edited by Vetack; 01/07/2009 at 04:35 PM.
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
  9. #1929  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetack View Post
    Magic Button



    Hmmm... That works... Why didn't I think of that?


    New Question:

    I have one website for work which I can only visit from a computer because the WAP Browser version of the site does not work.

    I have tried the following:
    Manually editing all of the User-Agent values in the registry
    Using Opera (opera is not supported for this site)
    Trying Tweaks 2k2

    But the website still picks up my browser as a mobile device...

    Any way around this?
    User agent values in the registry should work. Is it trying to detect java? Have you tried changing the user agent for opera?
  10. #1930  
    NightRaven,
    Using the Verizon 1.1 the MMS functions correctly except for received video. The first frame of the video is displayed and sound comes through, but that is it. I tried a few setting in the registry but none work so far. Any thoughts?

    Treo700wx Verizon
    NR 1.1 Verizon ROM
  11. #1931  
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSR View Post
    NightRaven,
    Using the Verizon 1.1 the MMS functions correctly except for received video. The first frame of the video is displayed and sound comes through, but that is it. I tried a few setting in the registry but none work so far. Any thoughts?

    Treo700wx Verizon
    NR 1.1 Verizon ROM
    I have not tried that yet. I'll take a look.
  12. #1932  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    User agent values in the registry should work. Is it trying to detect java? Have you tried changing the user agent for opera?
    User Agent for Opera dosen't work, it still knows its Opera some how.

    Interesting about the PIE User Agent is that even if I edit every value in the User Agent key to match Windows XP, there is still a string left in the user agent: IEMobile 7.11

    I searched the registry, can't find it anywhere.

    Didn't notice it was there til I used a website to display my entire user agent.
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
  13. Andre3000's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #1933  
    All my contacts were erased when the battery died out. Im guessing theres no way to get them back.
  14. #1934  
    Status report:

    I've been running 1.1/1.2 for about 10 days now with a pagepool size of 8MB. Performance is no longer an issue with the larger pagepool (nice!).

    Of course, the newer Internet Explorer runs a bit slower than the older version, but with better capability.

    Also, Excel does not work once MemMaid is installed.

    Other than those two annoyances, one of which (ie) is my choice of features vs. performance, fantastic!!

    I am running a Sprint 700WX with the resource-intensive Spb PocketPlus, Spb Weather and Spb Diary all running and still the device has a very snappy feel to it.

    Outstanding work, eBag33 and NightRaven!!

    BTW: Does anyone know how to move storage for the new ie (cache, etc.) to the storage card?
    Last edited by westronic; 01/10/2009 at 02:59 PM.
  15. #1935  
    I'm having similar good results as westronic with 1.2

    Spb Mobile Shell
    Wisbar Advance (not desktop)
    Spb Diary

    Even with the extra bulk, the new IE performs well enough to use. I do find, though, that actually ending the IE process when I'm not using it prevents it from eating memory endlessly. Since both Wisbar and Spb Pocket Plus make it easy to end programs instead of just minimizing, its really pretty manageable.

    For a second, I actually had youtube flash video (native site, not the mobile one) running in IE - but then learned why that's a bad idea. Memory!!

    What's the latest/coolest way to watch youtube streams on a wx these days? I read something about putting HTC streaming media on a wx, but seems the TCPMP way is still widely accepted...
  16. bduemig's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #1936  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    For file comparisons and possibly back-porting.




    On a completely different note, here's some information that I hope no one ever has to use. This is after an "oh $#!&" moment.

    Here's what I did. I was attempting to integrate the SDHC files into the ROM. No big deal, right? Just two simple DLL's.

    Flash went fine, and I jammed my SD card into my device to get some files off it. Hmm, that's odd...it's not showing up.

    <insert moment of sheer panic as I realize what I just did>

    Anyway, on to how I fixed it (or at least how I hope I fixed it). Note that I have no way of testing this for Verizon, but it should work.

    1. Download the PC updater.
    2. Run the self extracting program.
    3. VIA TaskManager, kill the self extracting program.
    4. Search for one of the update files. CDMAFirmwareUpdater.exe, DoBootload.exe, FwAndRom.ruu are all files that should be in the update directory. It'll be in a temp directory.
    5. Find the .xml named payloads.xml, and open it in Notepad (or your favorite non-Word text editor).
    6. Change the revision range to be +.01 from what it would be normally. (Theoretically Verizon's would be 1.23.)
      Code:
      <revision_no>1.16</revision_no>
    7. Change the high revision range to be the version you have. (Theoretically Verizon's would be 1.22.)
      Code:
      <high>1.15</high>
    8. Hook your phone up to your computer VIA USB cable. Make sure ActiveSync is working.
    9. Run: index.hta
    10. Follow instructions as normal.



    Like I said, I hope no one else has to try this. But if it ever comes up, here's the information.
    I've tried this on my VZ 700W (I am sending away and want to have the origianl file on it) but it keeps telling me that it already has that version or a newer version installed
    Any ideas?
  17. #1937  
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSR View Post
    ebag the 4 shared Kitchen link is invalid. While the file is after the wait time. The link works, but the file download doesnt.
    Experiencing the same problem here -- the link for the kitchen appears to work initially, but will fail when you get to the point where a download should begin...
  18. #1938  
    New guy to the forums here. Not new to PPCs but been away long enough to call me green again.

    I have searched and read and searched and read some more.

    Long story short I was sold a 700wx and was told it was a Verizon phone. When I get the phone, it will work on Verizon network but it is a UNICEL phone. Seems that Verizon purchased UNICEL some time ago.

    I did talk to Verizon and they gave me the hook up with the 1.24 update but it would not install due to the fact the firmware id branded for UNICEL. They thought it would work....oh well.

    Hence I am not one to take it lying down I found this massive thread on the custom ROMS.

    All I can say is WOW, ebag and NightRaven have really come up with the stuff huh?

    OK now my question. First I was wondering if there is a way to flash Verizons firmware on this phone with no ill effects?

    May be there is a way to alter the payloads or device checks to push this in place?

    If not, I want to either flash the phone with a 6.0/6.1 Rom or maybe just play with ebags trimmed 5.0 ROM.

    Is there a way to "save" the current ROM on the phone now?

    Does anyone know of any reason the custom ROMs here would not work on my device?

    Also I have the full 1.24 desktop update if anyone can use it to further the research. I do not think it would help this late in the game but i can zip it up and host it some where if needed.

    Anyway thought I would dump all this here and tell you guys dissect it or tell me to get lost. Either way thanks.

    P.S. If it helps the About screen reads as follows

    SoftwareVersion:
    TREO700WX-1.11-ROWEN

    Hardware Version:
    A
  19. jbeenemd's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #1939  
    My primary phone is a 700P and I recently picked up a cheap 700W to play with. I am new to reading this thread. It takes a while to try to read through all of it and try to retain any of it. So far I am up to page 30. I am ready to do some cooking and have downloaded the GUI interface for the Kitchen but the links to the other Kitchen files seem not to be working. Anyone have a new link to these that does work.
    Thanks
    Jackie
  20. #1940  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt Thompson View Post
    New guy to the forums here. Not new to PPCs but been away long enough to call me green again.

    I have searched and read and searched and read some more.

    Long story short I was sold a 700wx and was told it was a Verizon phone. When I get the phone, it will work on Verizon network but it is a UNICEL phone. Seems that Verizon purchased UNICEL some time ago.

    I did talk to Verizon and they gave me the hook up with the 1.24 update but it would not install due to the fact the firmware id branded for UNICEL. They thought it would work....oh well.

    Hence I am not one to take it lying down I found this massive thread on the custom ROMS.

    All I can say is WOW, ebag and NightRaven have really come up with the stuff huh?

    OK now my question. First I was wondering if there is a way to flash Verizons firmware on this phone with no ill effects?

    May be there is a way to alter the payloads or device checks to push this in place?

    If not, I want to either flash the phone with a 6.0/6.1 Rom or maybe just play with ebags trimmed 5.0 ROM.

    Is there a way to "save" the current ROM on the phone now?

    Does anyone know of any reason the custom ROMs here would not work on my device?

    Also I have the full 1.24 desktop update if anyone can use it to further the research. I do not think it would help this late in the game but i can zip it up and host it some where if needed.

    Anyway thought I would dump all this here and tell you guys dissect it or tell me to get lost. Either way thanks.

    P.S. If it helps the About screen reads as follows

    SoftwareVersion:
    TREO700WX-1.11-ROWEN

    Hardware Version:
    A
    The ROWEN version is the Alltel rom. You can backup the exisiting rom using a utility called GrabIt (grab_it_64_143.exe).

    You can convert the phone to a true verizon phone by copying the CDMAFirmware.exe file from the verizon 1.24 update to your storage card, and running it. This will update the radio on the phone to the latest verizon radio. However, because palm never released a radio update for the rowen radios, there is no way to go back to the rowen radio after running the verizon CDMAFirmware.exe file.

Posting Permissions