Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2070
    I'm Loading 1.1 to see if iSMS works. Rom 1.2 did work for a short time.
    I have a back up using sprite software but its not working with Win 5. Do you know how to reinstall Win 5?
    Ebag - do you have a list of all the extra goodies baked into your WM6 testing 5 ROM? There's no better way to pick add-on software than hearing what other people like.

Thanks - and you guys ROCK!
  4.    #1904  
    I do. I think I posted what I had extra somewhere in this thread.....I don't remember off hand, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncpilot000 View Post
    Nightraven,

I had the wrong build the first time but it has stopped sending SMS. i tried a soft rest, cleared the messages out. still isn't sending. Rom 1.2
    Contact your carriers support, and have them reset your sms settings.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Are there settings in the 6.1 rom to manage sound quality with headphones or something???
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre3000 View Post
    Are there settings in the 6.1 rom to manage sound quality with headphones or something???
    I have not added any, and I'm not sure what they would be. I did hear of a storage card tweak to reduce "skipping" when playing mp3's off the storage card. I would recommend searching the forums at xda-developers.com.
    Last edited by NightRaven; 01/05/2009 at 11:59 AM.
  8. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Is it possible that my battery issues have anything to do with the update to 1.1 or 1.2?
    Cheers

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    Is it possible that my battery issues have anything to do with the update to 1.1 or 1.2?
    The only different between 1.0 and 1.1 was the PagePool size. I didn't even dump and rebuild the rom. Just used pagepool changer on the .nb0 file to change the PagePool size from 2Mb to 4Mb.
    Just a thought - if you're having battery issues: If you use ActiveSync over wireless with an Exchange server, I believe the default sync schedule is set for "As items arrive" which uses constant connectivity, thus a ton of battery. I throttled mine back to every 15 minutes and battery life is about normal for me with 1.2.
    Has anyone tried NightRaven's 1.2 with an 8mb pagepool? Is there any noticeable speed bump? I started loading my Spb stuff and its a bit slower. Still way better than stock though.
    Quote Originally Posted by revpd View Post
    Has anyone tried NightRaven's 1.2 with an 8mb pagepool? Is there any noticeable speed bump? I started loading my Spb stuff and its a bit slower. Still way better than stock though.
    There is no noticable speed increase. It uses the new web browser, which eats a lot of memory. I would not suggest 1.2 unless you want the new browser.
    Sorry I should've phrased that better - I was focusing on the 8mb pool. I know about the browser being slow, but since your 1.2 comes configured with a 4mb pool (right?) I was wondering if anyone tweaked it up to 8mb and tried it.
    Sorry I should've phrased that better - I was focusing on the 8mb pool. I know about the browser being slow, but since your 1.2 comes configured with a 4mb pool (right?) I was wondering if anyone tweaked it up to 8mb and tried it.
    Release 1.2 already is configured with an 8mb PagePool. I increased it from 4Mb to better support IEMO6. There is no noticable speed increase in the rest of the ROM.
    Ohhh ok. So 1.0 was 2mb, 1.1 was 4, and 1.2 went to 8. Now I get it.
    Ohhh ok. So 1.0 was 2mb, 1.1 was 4, and 1.2 went to 8. Now I get it.
    Exactly right.

Here is a breakdown of the PagePool sizes.

Stock OEM WM5 ROM, 2Mb PagePool.
    Verizon OEM WM6 ROM, 2Mb PagePool.
    My ROMs prior to Release 1.1, 2Mb PagePool.
    Release 1.1, 4Mb PagePool.
    Release 1.2, 8Mb PagePool.
    OK... Slightly off topic...

Not even sure where to begin... but it appears that the 700wx is able to utilize the following Good Mobile Messaging versions based on the carrier...

Sprint Palm Treo 700wx 5.0.4.46 Certified
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx 5.0.5.23 Certified

In addition, it appears that the 750 (WM6) is also able to utilize the newer 6.0 release of the Good Mobile Messaging Client.

The Good installer program(s) checks the software version and installs the latest(???) version for that handheld either via an OTA setup of via a SD card setup. The version is Treo700wx-1.15-SPNT...

My question relates to how to modify the software version in the ROM to allow for use of the newer Good Client... is it possible? Preferably it would be via a reg hack? Didn't ebag have something similiar in his ROM for a game?

Link:
    forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-298744.html

forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-360796.html
    Last edited by JasonMeudt; 01/06/2009 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonMeudt View Post
    OK... Slightly off topic...

Not even sure where to begin... but it appears that the 700wx is able to utilize the following Good Mobile Messaging versions based on the carrier...

Sprint Palm Treo 700wx 5.0.4.46 Certified
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx 5.0.5.23 Certified

In addition, it appears that the 750 (WM6) is also able to utilize the newer 6.0 release of the Good Mobile Messaging Client.

The Good installer program(s) check the CE version and install the latest(???) version for that handheld either via an OTA setup of via a SD card setup.

My question relates to how to modify the CE version in the ROM to allow for use of the newer Good Client... is it possible? Preferably it would be via a reg hack?
    It may be possible to modify the goodlink cab file to allow install on any CE version. It just depends on if the cab file uses a setup.dll file for version checking or is it just uses the _setup.xml. If it's the later, you can extract to cab file, remove the version tags from the xml, and rebuild the cab file using cabarc. I would suggest trying it with the newer version of GoodLink.
    ebag the 4 shared Kitchen link is invalid. While the file is after the wait time. The link works, but the file download doesnt.
  20.    #1920  
    Hmm....

I'll check it later.