Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 458590919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2070
    Quote Originally Posted by ncpilot000 View Post
    NightRaven,

What happened to the MMS and the Black theme from build 14. The MMS was working good finally.

NCPilot000
    MMS is part of Threaded SMS, and the Black theme (Zen) is still there. I removed Arcsoft, because it was troublesome to work with other carriers. MMS in Palm's Threaded SMS seems to work better, and it keeps it closer to the 800w and Treo Pro roms.
    Warning: This release uses Internet Explorer Mobile 6 as the web browser. It allows full web browsing with flash. However, it uses a lot of memory. If you don't want the new browser, load Release 1.1.

Alltel/Bell/Telus - Release 1.2 Build 20931

Verizon - Release 1.2 Build 20931

Sprint - Release 1.2 Build 20931

• CE OS 5.2.20924 (Build 20931.1.5.0)
    • Release 1.1 with the following changes
    • Added Internet Explorer Mobile 6, and Adobe FlashLite 3.0 for full web browsing. (Uses a lot of memory)
    • Change PagePool size from 4Mb to 8Mb to better support IEMO6.

If you don't want the new web browser, stay on Release 1.1. I only created this version because a few people were asking for it.
    Last edited by NightRaven; 01/04/2009 at 12:03 PM.
    Looks like texting is broken again (Alltel). I guess I'm going to have to go back to build 14 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncpilot000 View Post
    Looks like texting is broken again (Alltel). I guess I'm going to have to go back to build 14 again.
    I'm on Alltel texting works great in this rom. I've been texting all night. I think you've got a bad load...
    Last edited by NightRaven; 01/03/2009 at 12:14 AM.
    I am running WM 6.1 on my Sprint Treo 700WX and I found MS Pocket Excel to work great at first, but fails as soon as I install MemMaid.

Drat!

Anyone else??
    Hey all - recycled newb here. (was a member at one point but they must've shut down my acct after lack of use) I just got back from the Verizon store, unimpressed with the watered-down touch pro they're selling for $350. Gonna stick with my 700wx for another round. (Here's the real newby-sounding part) I understand the thread, but with it being so huge - can anyone point me to a brief tutorial for how to actually load NightRaven's or Ebag's ROM's?

Again - sorry for the lame question.

Thanks in advance.
  7.    #1887  
    Look at the first post.
    Doh... missed that little section under the big "How to flash your phone back to standard settings (stock ROM)" section. Reading it the third time was a charm. See, I knew it couldn't avoid acting like a newb.

Thanks. I'll post screenshots if I get it to work.
    Hey - was just fishing around Palm/VZW support - is this:

...palm.com/us/support/downloads/treo700wxupdate6/verizon_sd.html

a link to a VZW SD Card updater? Can I use that download and just replace the nb0 with a new one?
  10.    #1890  
    Yup. It doesn't really matter as long as you either don't use a firmware (delete it as per the post), or use the correct one.
    Ahh nice. And I assume for whatever reason I shouldn't just insert the card and follow the onscreen prompts like I did for the stock VZW 1.24 update? (I know - read the first post - but I had to ask)
  12.    #1892  
    I believe that the method outlined in the first post is a superior method. Just my two cents based on hundreds of flashes.
    Holy cr@p!! Just loaded NR's 1.2 for VZW and I'm already blown away - and I'm still configuring my email accounts. This thing is fast!! Granted - I'm coming off the stock VZW 1.24 ROM and I've not tried Ebag's yet, but this thing is fast.

Just a question - Is the smallest screen font size unavailable as part of this build, or is that a 6.1 thing? I used to be able to have 6 emails per screen and now I can only see 5.

Obviously not a huge deal, but I like to make the most of the screen real estate.

EDIT: Web Search bar for Today screen doesn't seem to work either and PIE is not letting me move from link to link using the 5-way keypad... I have to use the touchscreen.
    Last edited by revpd; 01/04/2009 at 04:35 AM. Reason: found another bug
    Yet another great rom. Thanks for your hard work.

I have found one small glitch though in the 1.2 release/verizon. I have done a hard reset, and it is still there. I am unable to get speaker phone to work properly.

If I press the speakerphone icon nothing happens. If i press and hold start, it dials the number again, brings up a new call management screen, but won't let me exit out of either call, except by using the end key, and it kills all calls.

using the menu button and speakerphone will not work either.
    Quote Originally Posted by revpd View Post
    Holy cr@p!! Just loaded NR's 1.2 for VZW and I'm already blown away - and I'm still configuring my email accounts. This thing is fast!! Granted - I'm coming off the stock VZW 1.24 ROM and I've not tried Ebag's yet, but this thing is fast.

Just a question - Is the smallest screen font size unavailable as part of this build, or is that a 6.1 thing? I used to be able to have 6 emails per screen and now I can only see 5.

Obviously not a huge deal, but I like to make the most of the screen real estate.

EDIT: Web Search bar for Today screen doesn't seem to work either and PIE is not letting me move from link to link using the 5-way keypad... I have to use the touchscreen.
    Release 1.2 uses Internet Explorer mobile 6. While is allows full web browsing, it uses a lot of memory. You also have to touch the links on the screen. The d-pad is only for scrolling around the page. I ran this build for a day, and switched back to Release 1.1. I would suggest you do the same. You can always install opera mobile.

The smallest screen font size is a bug. I have not yet found a good solution.
    Last edited by NightRaven; 01/04/2009 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by firestrm View Post
    Yet another great rom. Thanks for your hard work.

I have found one small glitch though in the 1.2 release/verizon. I have done a hard reset, and it is still there. I am unable to get speaker phone to work properly.

If I press the speakerphone icon nothing happens. If i press and hold start, it dials the number again, brings up a new call management screen, but won't let me exit out of either call, except by using the end key, and it kills all calls.

using the menu button and speakerphone will not work either.
    Release 1.2 is a special build for Internet Explorer Mobile 6. I suggest loading Release 1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Release 1.2 is a special build for Internet Explorer Mobile 6. I suggest loading Release 1.1.

I just loaded 1.1 verizon, and the issue is still apparent.

EDIT: I just flashed back to original release, and it works as it should.
    Last edited by firestrm; 01/04/2009 at 02:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by firestrm View Post
    I just loaded 1.1 verizon, and the issue is still apparent.
    The Active Call Plugin is not carrier specific, and I am not seeing this issue in the Alltel rom. Can anyone else confirm?
  19. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    The Active Call Plugin is not carrier specific, and I am not seeing this issue in the Alltel rom. Can anyone else confirm?
    Speakerphone (and BT) work great in both 1.1 and 1.2 (on Sprint at least.)

I did, however, find an issue that may be coincidental with my install of 1.1 (and has carried over to 1.2.)

I generally charge the phone overnight using the cradle. Since 1.1, I noticed that the in the morning (although the charging light on the phone was green) that the battery read 10% and a few minutes later the phone would go into "suspend" - it would also turn the phone off.

Taking the battery out, and reinserting it gets the battery to 100% and it works fine until I put it back on the charger that night.

Any bright ideas?
    Cheers

Charles
    Nightraven,

I had the wrong build the first time but it has stopped sending SMS. i tried a soft rest, cleared the messages out. still isn't sending. Rom 1.2