Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2070
    By the way, thanks NR!
  2.    #1862  
    I wonder if that works in WM5 ROM's.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I wonder if that works in WM5 ROM's.....
    Yes, it would work in the WM5 ROMs.

JasonMeudt -The reason of the performance increase is the different of speed of RAM vs ROM.

If memory from the apps that you run concurrently is > than the PagePool size, they will have slower access. The pagepool acts as a cache.

First Ebags WM6 was the shiznet, then NightRaven's KungFu was strong with WM6.1. The Outlook features are greatness in WM 6.1. But I installed a bunch of ghey apps on the 6.1 ROM and started to feel too much man love. I knew it was wasn't what NightRaven did, but what I did that made the performance impact. I have been running this since Sunday AM with a 8MB PagePool(since I still have ghey apps installed), and it has been great.

For those of you afraid to take the dive, I would recommend ya jumpin into NightRaven's 1.1 build... All the credit has to go to NightRaven's hard work that we all get to benefit from and Snake334 for the PagePool Changer Tool.

NightRaven, you are a teacher of teachers.. Thanks again!

Ebag333, I believe you have moved on the Treo 800w, adjusting the PagePool would probably have benefits too. Have looked if you have been cookin the ROMS.

...SnoopDawg from xda...
    With the short expected life span of the 800w I doubt we will ever see cooked roms for it..

Is there a way to change this Page Pool without having to revert to modifying the ROM?

Aka, 800w?
  5.    #1865  
    No. It works on the ROM itself from what I can see.

And..

A) The "short expected life span of the 800w" is simply a rumor at this point (there is zero fact behind that at this point in time).
    B) I'm already working in my "spare" time (of which I currently have none) on providing a custom ROM for the 800w.
  6. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I didn't realize how slow the original 6.1 was until I used the optimized version. This version rocks!

Thanks
    Cheers

Charles
    I almost took 6.1 off my phone...

I can honestly say, 6.1 with a 8mb PagePool = WOW!

Now that brings a question to my mind, would a 16mb PagePool on a trimmed WM5 be fast enough for... let's say... Time Travel?
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I just got this phone and decided to put this rom on it. the 6.1 works like a charm. Im just wondering where I can get apps, games, and other software for 6.1??
    So is a larger PagePool just adjusting how much memory is available to apps? You are reducing memory capacity somewhere else right? Can't wait to try this soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveG_NH View Post
    So is a larger PagePool just adjusting how much memory is available to apps? You are reducing memory capacity somewhere else right? Can't wait to try this soon!
    Yes it yanks memory from storage, I believe.

If you running 6.1, I would recommend you pull up you task manager and go to Menu -> View -> Processes.

The top few apps will run in the pagepool. So on mine, I have
    filesys.exe = 6.6 MB
    device.exe = 4.7 MB
    MobileShell.exe = 4.6 MB
    gwes.exe = 3.5 MB

So very little runs in my PagePool but I still get better performance, because of more running in pagepool.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have the Treo 700WX with version TREO700WX-1.20-VZW. If I want to use the Testing5 custom ROM, do I need to update my phone to 1.22?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html
  12.    #1872  
    Nope.
    I am now running WM 6.1 with 8MB pagepool.

So far, even with Spb PocketPlus running, it's quite snappy.

Nice.
    Is it 8mb or 4mb? According to NR, it's 4. He posted 8 originally, then changed it. I read 4 was plenty, and there were diminishing returns after that. Yes?
    if you set your pagepool too high, you will have less memory for running apps, so the effect will be counter-productive. Considering that the 700w has only 32mb i wouldn't suggest anything larger than 4mb. search the xda-devs forums for more info about that.

The key is to balance the pagepool size according to the memory that the WM OS uses by itself on the device (loading drivers and stuff) and the total memory available on the device.

i'd suggest 4mb for the 700w and 6mb for the 700wx.
    Is it 8mb or 4mb? According to NR, it's 4. He posted 8 originally, then changed it. I read 4 was plenty, and there were diminishing returns after that. Yes?
    I went with 8MB. I still have over 20 MB free for programs (25.2MB for storage), so I am doing quite well in that regard.

The reason I went with 8MB is because I run Spb PocketPlus, which is a bit of a resource hog.

BTW, This is with a Sprint 700WX.
    Last edited by westronic; 01/01/2009 at 11:55 PM.
    I tried it, and wow, it is much more responsive.

Is there a way to change the left soft key back to just messaging? It always shows SMS now, and I don't use texting. I'd rather it just be "messaging" which brought me to email...
    I tried it, and wow, it is much more responsive.

Is there a way to change the left soft key back to just messaging? It always shows SMS now, and I don't use texting. I'd rather it just be "messaging" which brought me to email...
    To remove the SMS softkey, delete these registry entries.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112\Default
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112\Open
    Cool, thanks!

I just need to figure out how to mod the registry in WM6.1. Not as easy as running regedit I would imagine.

Thanks again NR.
    Last edited by SteveG_NH; 01/02/2009 at 08:40 PM.
    NightRaven,

What happened to the MMS and the Black theme from build 14. The MMS was working good finally.

NCPilot000