Page 90 of 104 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2070
    I LOVE the sound sound of performance tweaks! I'd be happy if the 6.1 ROM only as good as the Verizon 6.0 ROM. That would make my day...
    Hmmm.. is it just me or is the Network Settings screen no longer available, at least for Sprint? (RC3)

Either that or I've completeley forgotten how to find it.
  3.    #1783  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Hmmm.. is it just me or is the Network Settings screen no longer available, at least for Sprint? (RC3)

Either that or I've completeley forgotten how to find it.
    The one where you could select Network A, Network B, etc?

The same one that horribly broke peoples phones, forcing them to flash back to WM5?

That Network settings screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    The one where you could select Network A, Network B, etc?

The same one that horribly broke peoples phones, forcing them to flash back to WM5?

That Network settings screen?
    Yep. That's the one. In the later ROMs going back to WM 5 was no longer needed.

Mind you, I have no idea if changing the network settings would ever actually be a good thing or not, I was just noting that the choice seems to be gone.
  5.    #1785  
    Yep. That's the one. In the later ROMs going back to WM 5 was no longer needed.

Mind you, I have no idea if changing the network settings would ever actually be a good thing or not, I was just noting that the choice seems to be gone.
    IIRC several people posted that even in the later versions it screwed up their phone.

Considering it's not a normal option enabled for most (any?) stock configs, I don't think it's something that people should be messing around with. It's likely an override used for testing purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    IIRC several people posted that even in the later versions it screwed up their phone.

Considering it's not a normal option enabled for most (any?) stock configs, I don't think it's something that people should be messing around with. It's likely an override used for testing purposes.
    The new settings were not available until RC2. The network settings option is called "Roaming" in the stock wm5 and RC2 and higher 6.1. The automatic "a" and etc options were from the verizon 6.0 oem, which is why they did not work on sprint. Stupid carrier specific settings...
    Last edited by NightRaven; 12/07/2008 at 10:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I had this issue in the stock 5.0 rom and the verizon 6.0 rom. In 6.1 you can turn off the device using the end key, media player keeps playing and if you are using a stereo headset, the play control buttons on the headset still work. I'm not sure there is away to fix this in 5.0 and 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by ericks17 View Post
    yes i am using 6.1 [RC3_Treo_700wx_WM6.1_5.2.20924_(Build_20931.1.5.0)_Napaboth] now and the music stops when i hit the end key. before when i was just using the stock 5 rom it worked fine
    it does work w/ a headset or carkit. so its just not supposed to when ur not connected to anything correct? if so then i can deal with that.
    Last edited by ericks17; 12/07/2008 at 11:51 PM.
    The new settings were not available until RC2. The network settings option is called "Roaming" in the stock wm5 and RC2 and higher 6.1. The automatic "a" and etc options were from the verizon 6.0 oem, which is why they did not work on sprint. Stupid carrier specific settings...
    Right...

So if it is now fixed, why can I not find the settings?

Not that I personally care about this all that much, but others do, I think.
    Right...

So if it is now fixed, why can I not find the settings?

Not that I personally care about this all that much, but others do, I think.
    The options are identical to the one in the stock wm5 rom.

The options that now show under settings/phone/service are the following.

Data Settings
    • Do not allow a voice call to interrupt my data session (disabled by default)

Location Privacy
    • 911 Only
    • Location On (Enabled by default)

Roaming

• Network Selection (When changing network selection, you recieve a warning: Important: Changing this setting may affect your wireless service, please consult your wireless service provider for more details.)
      • Allow Roaming (Enabled by default)
      • Home network only
      • Roaming networks only
    • When roaming, warn me:
      • Before outgoing calls (enabled by default)
      • Before data connections (enabled by default)

Voice Privacy
    • On (enabled by default)
    • Off

The network selection dropdown menu is located under settings/phone/service/roaming...
    Alltel/Bell/Telus - Release Build 20931

Verizon - Release Build 20931

Sprint - Release Build 20931

• CE OS 5.2.20924 (Build 20931.1.5.0)
    • Final Release
    • RC3 with the following changes
    • Fixed missing cleartype tab in settings/screen
    • Voicemail speed dial can be edited and deleted.
    • Added standard performance tweaks
    Are you using a custom in-house SSL certificate on your exchange server? If you, you will need to add the root certificate for your CA to your phone. Sprint has an update that will allow exchange activesync. On 5.0 your need the rom that supports the messaging and security feature pack. The lastest wm5 roms on palm support site will have this fuctionality. However, I really think your issue is the ca root certificate.
    Here is tech supports response.
    The cert is a SAN cert from Godaddy.com. Most WM5 devices work, but a few don't. Palm seems to be the one that consistently does not work.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    The options are identical to the one in the stock wm5 rom.

The options that now show under settings/phone/service are the following.

Roaming

• Network Selection (When changing network selection, you recieve a warning: Important: Changing this setting may affect your wireless service, please consult your wireless service provider for more details.)
      • Allow Roaming (Enabled by default)
      • Home network only
      • Roaming networks only
    • When roaming, warn me:
      • Before outgoing calls (enabled by default)
      • Before data connections (enabled by default)

...The network selection dropdown menu is located under settings/phone/service/roaming...
    Got it, thanks. I was looking for a "Network" choice as opposed to "Roaming." Thanks.

BTW, A quick test seems to show that this works correctly, though I do have to connect twice after changing the setting to make it work, which is, at most, a minor annoyance and I am sure has nothing to do with the ROM itself.

Well done!
    Last edited by westronic; 12/08/2008 at 11:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by amcleod View Post
    Here is tech supports response.
    The cert is a SAN cert from Godaddy.com. Most WM5 devices work, but a few don't. Palm seems to be the one that consistently does not work.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Download the ca cert for godaddy. Make sure it is in base 64 encoding, and has a .cer extension. Copy the cer file to the phone, and launch it. Accept the warning and select install.
    NightRaven & Ebag333:

I just wanted to say "Thanks" for breathing new life into my phone.

I only wish I could keep it - my work is going to force me into an AT&T phone soon, and, with no smart phone on the list for me to choose, I may have to go to Blackberry whoich, with no touch screen, is going to drive me a bit bonkers, I think. <sigh>
    NightRaven & Ebag333:

I just wanted to say "Thanks" for breathing new life into my phone.

I only wish I could keep it - my work is going to force me into an AT&T phone soon, and, with no smart phone on the list for me to choose, I may have to go to Blackberry whoich, with no touch screen, is going to drive me a bit bonkers, I think. <sigh>
    Bummer. No treo pro?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    sorry to gum up your thread- but just a quick (hopefully) bit of help with VZ MMS settings. I'm tryin gto get the palm threaded mms to work on another device- and not sure where else to ask.
    for you guys with vz working - where in your registry is your id phonenumber@pix.vtext.com found?

It's in there somewhere I beleive

thanks again
    Last edited by efudd; 12/08/2008 at 05:17 PM.
    I was wondering if anyone is having problems with Ebagg's Testing5 and sending texts to t-mobile and verizon phones? I can receive texts from them but they dont get mine.
    Has anyone had any problems with NightRaven's release roms?
    thanks for everything
  18.    #1798  
    NightRaven's ROM's play much better with multiple carrier SMS/MMS.
    Bummer. No treo pro?
    Nope.

But... if I drag my feet long enough there is a chance that they will start supporting phones like the Treo Pro once they are convinced they can for IT policy compliance on those phones. They are worried about company data getting into the wrong hands. If I had an AT&T phone now I could probably keep it, but, alas, we all have to transition to AT&T.

Right now they are checking to see if the MS phones will actually support IT policies like MS says they will. Along with, of course, other security considerations.
    Nope.

But... if I drag my feet long enough there is a chance that they will start supporting phones like the Treo Pro once they are convinced they can for IT policy compliance on those phones. They are worried about company data getting into the wrong hands. If I had an AT&T phone now I could probably keep it, but, alas, we all have to transition to AT&T.

Right now they are checking to see if the MS phones will actually support IT policies like MS says they will. Along with, of course, other security considerations.
    I am the Network/Server Engineer for the company I work for. WM phones do support policies. The newer the version the more policies they can support. If you are using exchange activesync, you can remote wipe the phone and the storage card. That way if a phone is lost or stolen, you can ensure that company data is not compromised. That's one of the big reasons I wanted 6.1 on the 700wx. That is my companies standard cell phone.