Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
    Ok i got the WM6 rom for cingular, so what do I do with a .NBH file? Is it possible to edit. Also ebag why did you want a rom dump of a 750 when it can't be flashed?
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon.Epps View Post
    Ok i got the WM6 rom for cingular, so what do I do with a .NBH file? Is it possible to edit. Also ebag why did you want a rom dump of a 750 when it can't be flashed?
    For file comparisons and possibly back-porting.

On a completely different note, here's some information that I hope no one ever has to use. This is after an "oh $#!&" moment.

Here's what I did. I was attempting to integrate the SDHC files into the ROM. No big deal, right? Just two simple DLL's.

Flash went fine, and I jammed my SD card into my device to get some files off it. Hmm, that's odd...it's not showing up.

<insert moment of sheer panic as I realize what I just did>

Anyway, on to how I fixed it (or at least how I hope I fixed it). Note that I have no way of testing this for Verizon, but it should work.

1. Download the PC updater.
    2. Run the self extracting program.
    3. VIA TaskManager, kill the self extracting program.
    4. Search for one of the update files. CDMAFirmwareUpdater.exe, DoBootload.exe, FwAndRom.ruu are all files that should be in the update directory. It'll be in a temp directory.
    5. Find the .xml named payloads.xml, and open it in Notepad (or your favorite non-Word text editor).
    6. Change the revision range to be +.01 from what it would be normally. (Theoretically Verizon's would be 1.23.)
      Code:
      <revision_no>1.16</revision_no>
    7. Change the high revision range to be the version you have. (Theoretically Verizon's would be 1.22.)
      Code:
      <high>1.15</high>
    8. Hook your phone up to your computer VIA USB cable. Make sure ActiveSync is working.
    9. Run: index.hta
    10. Follow instructions as normal.

Like I said, I hope no one else has to try this. But if it ever comes up, here's the information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    For file comparisons and possibly back-porting.

On a completely different note, here's some information that I hope no one ever has to use. This is after an "oh $#!&" moment.

Here's what I did. I was attempting to integrate the SDHC files into the ROM. No big deal, right? Just two simple DLL's.

Flash went fine, and I jammed my SD card into my device to get some files off it. Hmm, that's odd...it's not showing up.

<insert moment of sheer panic as I realize what I just did>

Anyway, on to how I fixed it (or at least how I hope I fixed it). Note that I have no way of testing this for Verizon, but it should work.

1. Download the PC updater.
    2. Run the self extracting program.
    3. VIA TaskManager, kill the self extracting program.
    4. Search for one of the update files. CDMAFirmwareUpdater.exe, DoBootload.exe, FwAndRom.ruu are all files that should be in the update directory. It'll be in a temp directory.
    5. Find the .xml named payloads.xml, and open it in Notepad (or your favorite non-Word text editor).
    6. Change the revision range to be +.01 from what it would be normally. (Theoretically Verizon's would be 1.23.)
      Code:
      <revision_no>1.16</revision_no>
    7. Change the high revision range to be the version you have. (Theoretically Verizon's would be 1.22.)
      Code:
      <high>1.15</high>
    8. Hook your phone up to your computer VIA USB cable. Make sure ActiveSync is working.
    9. Run: index.hta
    10. Follow instructions as normal.

Like I said, I hope no one else has to try this. But if it ever comes up, here's the information.

That is great info to have. To what you were originally working on. The SDHC stuff. I took your stripped ROM and replaced those two dll's to get SDHC. I must have done something wrong though because when the ROM update was done the phone still didn't recognize the SDHC. I put back my standard SD card and it didn't recognize that either. So I don't know if there is any sort of certs that need to be applied. I reinstalled the SDHC.cab foud here on TreoCentral and am back in the game for now, but I would lvoe to figure out the SDHC stuff for the ROM. I seem to remember some other download that included the dlls and a cert file.
  4.    #164  
    I've included in my kitchen a certification that will work (in the Tools dir). Just include the below code in a PROVXML file. If you modify the .bat file in the certification directory, you can just drag and drop the files you want to certify onto it, and it'll do it all for ya.

Code:
    <wap-provisioningdoc> 
    	<characteristic type="CertificateStore"> 
    		<!-- Our Custom Privileged Test Cert -->

<characteristic type="Privileged Execution Trust Authorities">
    			<characteristic type="8aeb6e720079eb0494ae9be32cb13a9e3687d913">
    				<parm name="EncodedCertificate" value="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" />
    			</characteristic>
    		</characteristic>

<characteristic type="SPC">
    			<characteristic type="8aeb6e720079eb0494ae9be32cb13a9e3687d913">
    				<parm name="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" />
    				<parm name="Role" value="222" />
    			</characteristic>
    		</characteristic>

</characteristic> 
    </wap-provisioningdoc>
  5.    #165  
    New ROM!

I've gone ahead and skipped a "stripped" ROM (my first one is really pretty close to stripped already, anyway) and went straight to a full ROM.

Sit down, because there's some cool stuff in it.

Couple of things to note:

I've added over 7 megs of programs into the ROM. With the sole exception of Shortcut Creator (which is really small so, meh, I'm leaving it) everything works as far as I've tested.

I've also UPX'd a bunch of the larger WM files, which is how I was able to cram so much into the ROM. Here's a list of everything installed (in no particular order).

MS Reader
    psShutXP
    Dict Mgr
    MortScript
    PocketRAR
    Screen Capture
    Shortcut Creator (seems to work but is weird)
    Cubis
    Sudoku (Sprint users: you'll need to switch your version)
    OneNote Mobile
    cDate (turns carrier line into a date line)
    CloseApps (sends mass CloseApps command to all apps)
    Hibernate (tells all running apps to free up mem)
    Quick Clear (clears temp files)
    Registry Edit
    Sprite Backup (sometimes throws an error first time running)
    Switch Version (switches between Sprint 1.15 and Verizon 1.22)
    Total Commander

In addition I've done tons of Registry tweaks to improve the device.

Oh, and did I mention that there's nearly a meg of free space? (call it 800 KB to be on the safe side.) So you can still add a significant amount of software to this. I just couldn't think of anything else that I needed (and would work in the ROM).

I may make tweaks and such down the road, but for all intents and purposes this is my "final" version (at least of pure WM5).

Download:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/48516967...M_-_Final.html
    can someone help me? I've been following this thread from the beginning and have flashed my ROM with ever one ebagg comes out with. last night i flashed custom ROM take 2, and now Internet Explorere nor PIE+ are working. It opens, & then closes quickly.

So, I'm wanting to flash back to Take 1, but I'm on the road & do not have my charger with me. What would happen if I tried flashing, but skipped the step where you plug it in?

Or, will it even let me? I've not even tried yet for fear.

edit: In case you're wondering how I'm posting, I'm using Opera mini. But, I don't care for it much.
    Last edited by Malachi; 05/22/2008 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Forgot a detail.
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    last night i flashed custom ROM take 2, and now Internet Explorere nor PIE+ are working. It opens, & then closes quickly.
    That ROM has a bug with PIE+ (it didn't like getting compressed).

You can TRY (and this is just a stab in the dark, I have not tested this):

Go to: http://www.windowsmobiledn.com/artic...orm(details)=&

Download: http://www.windowsmobiledn.com/artic...les/regsvr.zip

Place files in \Windows\ dir.

Execture regsvr_arm.exe.

Browse to PIEPlus.dll, and unregister.

Browse to PWO.dll, and unregister.

Soft reset your device.

PIE *SHOULD* be working again.

And as to the other question, the one time I tried to flash without pluging it in (actually unplugged it about 2/3rds of the way through) it bricked, pretty bad too, wouldn't even get past the Treo splash screen. So I don't recommend it.

If your USB sync cable charges, you can use that instead of a power cable. The catch is that you have to wait until AFTER it checks the SD card (until you actually see the progress bar) before plugging it in, otherwise it'll sit at the checking SD card screen forever. This obviously makes this method less "safe".
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Alrighty. I was able to successfully flash ebag's take 2 ROM. And damn, is my phone speedy now! I have over 20MB of free storage space even after installing all my applications!

Thanks for working on this! I can't wait to see what comes next!
    Alright I'm messing around with the CHEEIMG.nbh.
    What should I leave out to allow it to run.
    SPL
    GSM
    ExtROM
    OS
    Unknown

Thanks, Landon
    I think we need another Final.v1

1) Sokdu game says 'wrong device detected'
    2) PIE already expired before I run it the first time? (is it due to some 'settings' not erased even after a hard reset?)

Also can you put Opera Mini with the 'best' java program in also? Since we can't get Opera Mobile to work.

thanks
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Yes, ebag, I know that. U either use that and a custom RUU I made or a raw dump of the os partition which DOES work with the utils, but I can't find one.

Please if anyone has a raw dump of a treo 750 running WM6 can you pm me or email me at landon.epps<[at]>gmail<[dot]>com.

Thanks,
    Landon
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    I think we need another Final.v1

1) Sokdu game says 'wrong device detected'
    2) PIE already expired before I run it the first time? (is it due to some 'settings' not erased even after a hard reset?)

Also can you put Opera Mini with the 'best' java program in also? Since we can't get Opera Mobile to work.

thanks
    1) Known "error" for Sprint users. It's hard coded to only run if you have the Verizon version. (hint: look under "System" )

2) That's a known issue. Either purchase PIEPlus (it's not expensive) or live with the basic PIE with some extra features. What are you gonna do anyway, hard reset every 14 days?

I doubt Opera would like to be installed in the ROM. Probably the same with any java program. I haven't tried either just because they're way too complex anyway.
    PHEW!!!!

I just had a VERY scary moment. I almost completely bricked my phone. I was updating the ROM and all was going well. I was at the "Download OS + BL" screen. It was about halfway through when all of a sudden the screen went black. Nothing. I thought CRAP!! The backlight was still on behind the keyboard, but the screen was black as night.

CRAP CRAP CRAP!, I thought. I tried Ebag's method above and nothing. I tried the method posted a couple of pages back, nothing. Finally, I pulled the battery and the Treo screen popped up. I put another .nb0 file on the SD card and started the process over. I was able to reflash the phone and at least my phone is working again.

What was I trying to do?

Well I took the .nb0 file from the Sprint SD Updater. I broke that down to imgfs files. Then I took my imgfs files from my VZW Phone dump and replaced the Sprint ones with them. I then proceeded to strip the VZW imgfs files. I added SDHC again. Built the .nb0 back up using the Sprint .nb0. Then I tried to flash when the above happened.

The data offset was the same for both imgfs files when they were created. As noted previously though, the file sizes are slightly different. I guess another way to do it would be to dump the imgfs file and with windows explorer replace everything in the dump folder from the Sprint with the VZW dump. Then build it back to the same imgfs, then .nb0. I am not sure that would yield any different resluts. I am not sure I am brave enough to try that method either. It was stupid to try what I tried in the first place. I would also be concerned with replacing dump folders, since Ebag has seen mixed results using that method.

I guess I will ahve to proceed the hard way and determine which files have the Sprint touch and replace them with the VZW files. This is going to be fun.
    Last edited by larryo108; 05/23/2008 at 02:47 PM.
  14.    #174  
    If you want Verizon files in the Sprint ROM (and which files besides the SDHC ones are you trying to add?) here's the safest way to do it.

1) Break down the .nb0 into the IMGFS files.
    2) Add the files you want to remove into \Cooking\ToRemove\ (only the name matters, but I put the actual files in there so I can make sure that I'm always removing more than I'm putting in).
    3) Add the Verizon files into \Cooking\ToAdd\
    4) Run step 2
    5) Run step 3
    6) Build the ROM from imgfs to the .nb0

This method has always worked for me (assuming I didn't screw up and do something stupid).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    If you want Verizon files in the Sprint ROM (and which files besides the SDHC ones are you trying to add?) here's the safest way to do it.

1) Break down the .nb0 into the IMGFS files.
    2) Add the files you want to remove into \Cooking\ToRemove\ (only the name matters, but I put the actual files in there so I can make sure that I'm always removing more than I'm putting in).
    3) Add the Verizon files into \Cooking\ToAdd\
    4) Run step 2
    5) Run step 3
    6) Build the ROM from imgfs to the .nb0

This method has always worked for me (assuming I didn't screw up and do something stupid).
    Yeah, I just need to determine which files have Sprint overlays that would need to be removed. I have already provided the PIE differences between the Sprint and Verizon. I also noticed in Settings>Today, there is a tab for Search and you can choose Google or Sprint. This was never an option in my stock VZW ROM. I know there are other subtle differences I am forgetting, but you get the idea.

At this point, I am only trying to add SDHC. I think eventually, I would like to have Resco File Explorer, AEButton+, Wisbar Adavanced, SPB Backup, MemMaid, and UPX4PPC. Possibly PhoneAlarm. These are down the road for me though, since I am going to have to learn the init files and that stuff.
    I can confirm that removing the firmware.bin and then flashing 'Ebag's Full Rom - Final' works for Ntelos' phones.

You do get the Sprint logo though when you turn off and on the phone. This can be fixed by using the cookbook -(haven't done that yet) or by just copying in your own .bmp images to the Windows directory after the phone is flashed and working.

The phone is working very well.

Thanks for this great info!
    Is it possible to add "Internet Sharing" instead of "Modem Link" (an AKU3 upgrade?)

http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php?t=231857

thanks
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Using WinMerge, I compared a Sprint ROM and a VZW ROM. Can someone help me define which files need to be removed from the Sprint ROM and replaced with VZW ROM files. I don't think all of the Binary files need to be replaced. I think they are from the breaking down the .exe and .dll files, but I am not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

Sorry. I forgot the link to the WinMerge report. http://www.4shared.com/file/48825240...vs_Sprint.html
    I got it. I got it. I got it. Pardon my excitement.

I have a complete VZW ROM on my phone. Here is what I did.

1. Took Sprint .nb0 put it in the kitchen.
    2. Ran "1-Tear Down ROM"
    3. Ran "4-Dump ROM (Raw)"
    4. Deleted everything in the dump folder
    5. Copied my VZW dump folder into it.
    6. Ran "5-Build ROM (Raw)"
    7. Ran "2-Delete ROM Files" to strip the imgfs file
    8. Ran "3-Add ROM Files" to add SDHC (still did not work).
    9. Ran "6-Finalize ROM"

I then flashed the NapaBoth.nbo. It all went well and I am now setting up my phone again. Everything is VZW back on there. I will report back on performance once I have had some time to play around with it.
    YES!!!!

I have finally got the OS.nb file to run through imgfs tools
    I now have a full raw dump of all the WM6 ROM.
    Hello WM6 on my treo