Page 89 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2070
  1. #1761  
    So I am running 6.1 (latest) on my 700wx, and I love it... just like dude said, it is very hard to go back.

    However, it is sluggish, probably because I have a fat shell running on top of it SpB mobile shell or whatever that is called.

    I notice I have to push the end call button sometimes 2 or 3 times to get the screen out of sleep mode... then I swipe my ILock and go into the call or menus's. It looks very slick, but is slow... figured it would be.

    If I wanted to try a custom 5 ROM, where do I find them?

    Thanks again all!
  2.    #1762  
    Quote Originally Posted by captclam View Post
    If I wanted to try a custom 5 ROM, where do I find them?
    Read the first 3 posts.
  3. #1763  
    Alltel/Bell/Telus - RC2 Build 20757

    Verizon - RC2 Build 20757

    Sprint - RC2 Build 20757

    • CE OS 5.2.20924 (Build 20757.1.4.0)
    • RC1 with the following changes.
    • Added Email Center Number to MMS settings.
    • Fixed Sprint phone control panel extension.
    • known Issue: Bluetooth Headset call control still not working.
    • known Issue: Bluetooth Headset audio not provided to headset after first call without disabling and re-enabling bluetooth.


    I am still fighting with the bluetooth headset issues. I am providing this update mainly for Sprint users, in order to fix their roaming issues.
  4. #1764  
    I found a 20931 SYS build that works with bluetooth activesync. However, it wont let me turn the phone radio on. I think I can fix this. I am hoping that the bluetooth headset issue will be resolved in this build, but we'll have to wait and see. There are also a couple of minor issue (mostly missing icons), but those can be fixed easily. Speed seems to be much better in this 20931 build.
    Last edited by NightRaven; 12/05/2008 at 02:11 PM.
  5. #1765  
    Bluetooth activesysnc and bluetooth headsets are now working correctly in the 20931 build. I am now fixing the missing icons, and should have RC3 up tonight after I run a battery of tests. I really think this one may end up being the release rom.
  6. #1766  
    Alltel/Bell/Telus - RC3 Build 20931

    Verizon - RC3 Build 20931

    Sprint - RC3 Build 20931

    • CE OS 5.2.20924 (Build 20931.1.5.0)
    • RC2 with the following changes.
    • Changed to 20931 SYS
    • Fixed Bluetooth Headset call control.
    • Fixed Bluetooth Headset audio not provided to headset after first call without disabling and re-enabling bluetooth.
    • Fixed Keylock icon. It seems to work reliably now. The area around the icon does not blend into the task bar, because it was built for WM5, which had a horizontal gradient to the task bar. WM6 and 6.1 have a vertical gradient.
    • Fixed start menu displaying while 6.1 is booting.
    Last edited by NightRaven; 12/06/2008 at 01:13 AM.
  7. #1767  
    Once we verifiy that everything is working, then I will start adding performance tweaks. I have not tweaked a 6 or 6.1 rom before, so I'm open to suggestions.
  8. #1768  
    This is a nice piece of work. I thought the first one was great, this one has spoiled me.

    What is the Icon in the wireless section that looks like a phone? does it have a meaning?

    This rom seems as snappy if not more so than 5.0. there isn't much hesitation on anything.
  9. #1769  
    Quote Originally Posted by firestrm View Post
    This is a nice piece of work. I thought the first one was great, this one has spoiled me.

    What is the Icon in the wireless section that looks like a phone? does it have a meaning?

    This rom seems as snappy if not more so than 5.0. there isn't much hesitation on anything.
    If your are taking about the target with the ))) coming off of it, that shows that location is always enabled, instead of just for 911 calls.
  10. #1770  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    If your are taking about the target with the ))) coming off of it, that shows that location is always enabled, instead of just for 911 calls.
    No, it's to the left of the GPS, it's a phone icon. almost looks like a fax.

    Don't see a fax feature.
  11. scubamike's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #1771  
    I am very happy with this release. Thank you NightRaven. Excellent work. This has all the great WM6.1 features that I've come to depend on and is nice and snappy.
    Last edited by scubamike; 12/07/2008 at 01:47 PM.
  12. #1772  
    Here is what I am setting for performance tweaks in the next rom. Please test these ahead of time by manually adding them and soft-resetting.

    Font Cache
    • HKLM\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\limit = 16384 was 65535
    • HKLM\System\GDI\SYSFNT\CS = 16384


    File System Cache
    • HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS\EnableCache = 1


    File System Cache Size
    • HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS\CacheSize = 4096


    File System Filter Cache
    • HKLM\System\StorageManager\Filters\fsreplxfilt\ReplStoreCacheSize = 4096
  13.    #1773  
    Here are a few of mine. They're in provxml format, but I'm sure you can figure them out.

    These are from my WM6 ROM. 6.1 should be similar. You can look at the 800w tweak thread for more ideas.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14. ericks17's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #1774  
    Thanks to everyone involved w/ wm6 rom just wanted to say thanks for posting the alltel wm6 rom for treo 700wx, everything works great like it should. I can now send and recieve mms, ive been trying forever to get that to work, lol. Anyway i do have one question, when im playing music on windows media player i used to be able to press END to shut off the screen and the music would still play, but now since ive installed the rom i cant do that anymore. I was wondering if anyone could help me with that, thanks in advance. post/pm here, or email me at ericks17@ hotmail.com
    Last edited by ericks17; 12/07/2008 at 03:58 PM. Reason: to include my email address
  15. #1775  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericks17 View Post
    Thanks to everyone involved w/ wm6 rom just wanted to say thanks for posting the alltel wm6 rom for treo 700wx, everything works great like it should. I can now send and recieve mms, ive been trying forever to get that to work, lol. Anyway i do have one question, when im playing music on windows media player i used to be able to press END to shut off the screen and the music would still play, but now since ive installed the rom i cant do that anymore. I was wondering if anyone could help me with that, thanks in advance. post/pm here, or email me at ericks17@ hotmail.com
    I had this issue in the stock 5.0 rom and the verizon 6.0 rom. In 6.1 you can turn off the device using the end key, media player keeps playing and if you are using a stereo headset, the play control buttons on the headset still work. I'm not sure there is away to fix this in 5.0 and 6.0.
  16. #1776  
    Hi,

    I am new here. My work decided to upgrade from MS Exchange Server 2003 and now I get an error saying the security certificate on the server is invalid. When I contacted our tech people they said my 1 1/2 year old Sprint Treo 700wx and Windows Mobile 5.0 were the problem. They said I needed to upgrade my phone in order to get Windows Mobile 6.0 and sync with the new version of Exchange Server. I wonder how many other people are in the same situation.

    I visited Palm only to find out that there is no upgrade planned for the 700wx. I chatted with Sprint online only to find out that Sprint has no update available. So, I turned to the web to find a solution. This thread (almost a book) seems to have found the answer. The problem is it is huge (89 pages) and has moved to solve many problems along the way.

    So, long story needing a short answer. Will this method allow wireless sync with Exchange server? If so, where do I start?

    Thanks for all of your hard work,

    Alex
  17. #1777  
    I have built a new alltel rom with the cleartype and performance tweaks in it. Everything is working well. I will build the sprint and verizon roms tomorrow, and get all three posted. These rom will be release.

    Thank you all for testing these roms, and sticking it through even though there have been major issues at times. Without your testing this process would have taken been much longer.

    After I post the release roms tomorrow, I'm going to take some time off. I've been working on this pretty much non-stop for almost three months. I really need a break. I'll keep an eye on the thread, but I won't be building any more roms for a bit. Unless there are new problems...
  18. #1778  
    Quote Originally Posted by amcleod View Post
    Hi,

    I am new here. My work decided to upgrade from MS Exchange Server 2003 and now I get an error saying the security certificate on the server is invalid. When I contacted our tech people they said my 1 1/2 year old Sprint Treo 700wx and Windows Mobile 5.0 were the problem. They said I needed to upgrade my phone in order to get Windows Mobile 6.0 and sync with the new version of Exchange Server. I wonder how many other people are in the same situation.

    I visited Palm only to find out that there is no upgrade planned for the 700wx. I chatted with Sprint online only to find out that Sprint has no update available. So, I turned to the web to find a solution. This thread (almost a book) seems to have found the answer. The problem is it is huge (89 pages) and has moved to solve many problems along the way.

    So, long story needing a short answer. Will this method allow wireless sync with Exchange server? If so, where do I start?

    Thanks for all of your hard work,

    Alex
    Are you using a custom in-house SSL certificate on your exchange server? If you, you will need to add the root certificate for your CA to your phone. Sprint has an update that will allow exchange activesync. On 5.0 your need the rom that supports the messaging and security feature pack. The lastest wm5 roms on palm support site will have this fuctionality. However, I really think your issue is the ca root certificate.
  19. ericks17's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #1779  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I had this issue in the stock 5.0 rom and the verizon 6.0 rom. In 6.1 you can turn off the device using the end key, media player keeps playing and if you are using a stereo headset, the play control buttons on the headset still work. I'm not sure there is away to fix this in 5.0 and 6.0.
    yes i am using 6.1 [RC3_Treo_700wx_WM6.1_5.2.20924_(Build_20931.1.5.0)_Napaboth] now and the music stops when i hit the end key. before when i was just using the stock 5 rom it worked fine
    Last edited by ericks17; 12/07/2008 at 11:31 PM.
  20.    #1780  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I have built a new alltel rom with the cleartype and performance tweaks in it.
    Using any of the tweaks I posted?

Posting Permissions