Page 87 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2070
  1.    #1721  
    Quote Originally Posted by bschlinker View Post
    The one thing that still is a problem is the Network menu (at least in the Sprint rom). You are unable to select roaming or the Sprint network -- instead the "Automatic" / "HomeA/B" options are all that is present. Changing those options messes up your phone badly (at least for Sprint users).

Not sure if this is something which can be fixed in the future or if it is too time consuming. Just wanted to let you know there is a push for this to be fixed before your final rom.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RIL

Look for this entry: EnableManual = 1, change the 1 to 0

That should prevent anyone from messing that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    Connection settings on the PC side for Activesync are :
    Allow USB connections and Allow connections to one of the following : COM4
    Com4 is mapped to my bluetooth.

I don't know what WMDC center is

Without making any changes on the PC side and having it configured the same way and performing a fresh install of Beta 15 and 16: Activesync works on beta 15 and beta 16 properly , RC1 does not.
    WMDC is Windows Mobile Device Center. It's activesync for vista. Change your activesync settings on your laptop to Allow USB connections, and Allow the following connections to Bluetooth.
    Last edited by NightRaven; 12/01/2008 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RIL

Look for this entry: EnableManual = 1, change the 1 to 0

That should prevent anyone from messing that up.
    This will get fixed tonight. The Sprint rom is still using the verizon phone control panel extension. I have pulled the original one from the sprint wm5 rom. I'll bake it in tonight.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Yesterday I updated my 700wx with the Sprint - RC1 Build 20757 ROM. Everything seemed OK until I tried to make a phone call via bluetooth headset (I think it was the first call I placed since I flashed the ROM)... it would show the call as being in progress, with the timer on the screen, but I would hear nothing. I accidentally found that if I hit the button on the BT headset, that I would then hear the audio of the call. However, the same button would not disconnect the call. Also, I cannot answer incoming calls -- it shows as if it was answered, but I can't hear my caller and vice versa.
    I'm suspecting that I will need to flash back to the stock ROM, but has anyone else encountered similar problems??

Thanks ...and particular thanks to those who worked hard to bring WM6 to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    WMDC is Windows Mobile Device Center. It's activesync for vista. Change your activesync settings on your laptop to Allow USB connections, and Allow the following connections to USB.
    I'm using Windows XP Professional (and Activesync V4.5) so that explains why I didn't know what that was

I'm trying to install RC1 again right now and will try to provide more details if required.

Thanks for your prompt replies and trying to help out !
    WMDC is Windows Mobile Device Center. It's activesync for vista. Change your activesync settings on your laptop to Allow USB connections, and Allow the following connections to USB.
    I've gone retarded. This should say...

WMDC is Windows Mobile Device Center. It's activesync for vista. Change your activesync settings on your laptop to Allow USB connections, and Allow the following connections to Bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by pickngrin View Post
    Yesterday I updated my 700wx with the Sprint - RC1 Build 20757 ROM. Everything seemed OK until I tried to make a phone call via bluetooth headset (I think it was the first call I placed since I flashed the ROM)... it would show the call as being in progress, with the timer on the screen, but I would hear nothing. I accidentally found that if I hit the button on the BT headset, that I would then hear the audio of the call. However, the same button would not disconnect the call. Also, I cannot answer incoming calls -- it shows as if it was answered, but I can't hear my caller and vice versa.
    I'm suspecting that I will need to flash back to the stock ROM, but has anyone else encountered similar problems??

Thanks ...and particular thanks to those who worked hard to bring WM6 to us.
    I has the same issue a few minutes ago. I think I found the problem. It will be corrected in the next rom.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I has the same issue a few minutes ago. I think I found the problem. It will be corrected in the next rom.
    Thanks...update (from 10 minutes ago): I just successfully made and received a few calls without bluetooth. Then I tried with BT... I was unable to answer or end the call with the button on the headset.
    I just reinstalled RC1 and Bluetooth Activesync worked perfectly this time !!

I don't know what happened during the last install but all is well now

Thanks NightRaven for your time and patience.
    Does anyone know (or have any good ideas) why hidelogo does not work properly with Beta 15/16 or RC1?

At this point we have no idea what is wrong and a few of us have to live with a wasted line in out Today screens.
    This will get fixed tonight. The Sprint rom is still using the verizon phone control panel extension. I have pulled the original one from the sprint wm5 rom. I'll bake it in tonight.
    Hmmm.. that value does not appear to be there by default. I added it, but saw no change - though I as too chicken to actually change to "Automatic A" or "Automatic B." It just takes too much effort to recover if it does not work though no hard reset is required any more (I think), but it is still a pain as of the last time I tried it.
  12.    #1732  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Does anyone know (or have any good ideas) why hidelogo does not work properly with Beta 15/16 or RC1?

At this point we have no idea what is wrong and a few of us have to live with a wasted line in out Today screens.
    You could try Zbop's version for the 800w.

I doubt that the WM5 version will work. The today screen plugins are different.
  13.    #1733  
    Hmmm.. that value does not appear to be there by default. I added it, but saw no change - though I as too chicken to actually change to "Automatic A" or "Automatic B." It just takes too much effort to recover if it does not work though no hard reset is required any more (I think), but it is still a pain as of the last time I tried it.
    If you're talking about the registry key that I posted, you need to soft reset after adding/changing it.
    I installed RC1 and everything looks great.

I am still having an issue using Activesync with my Microsoft Exchange Server.

If I try to sync after the install, it will not sync my contacts, it just gets hung up.

If I delete all my contacts from Outlook on my PC, then it will sync everything else.

I then have to move my contacts back in, 10-20 at a time, and let the Exchange server push them to my Treo. When it pushes them they appear almost instantly, but it will not sync them all at the same time!?!?!

Anyone else using Exchange having this issue?

It is not a big deal, just a pain everytime I upgrade the rom!
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetack View Post
    I installed RC1 and everything looks great.

I am still having an issue using Activesync with my Microsoft Exchange Server.

If I try to sync after the install, it will not sync my contacts, it just gets hung up.

If I delete all my contacts from Outlook on my PC, then it will sync everything else.

I then have to move my contacts back in, 10-20 at a time, and let the Exchange server push them to my Treo. When it pushes them they appear almost instantly, but it will not sync them all at the same time!?!?!

Anyone else using Exchange having this issue?

It is not a big deal, just a pain everytime I upgrade the rom!
    I am syncing using Exchange ActiveSync without issue. It sync all 93 contacts of my within a few seconds.
    I updated the phone control panel extension in the Sprint romand included a missing registry entry for it. The options that now show under settings/phone/service are the following.

Data Settings
    • Do not allow a voice call to interrupt my data session (disabled by default)

Location Privacy
    • 911 Only
    • Location On (Enabled by default)

Roaming
    • Network Selection (When changing network selection, you recieve a warning: Important: Changing this setting may affect your wireless service, please consult your wireless service provider for more details.)
      • Allow Roaming (Enabled by default)
      • Home network only
      • Roaming networks only
    • When roaming, warn me:
      • Before outgoing calls (enabled by default)
      • Before data connections (enabled by default)

Voice Privacy
    • On (enabled by default)
    • Off

I think I also have the bluetooth headset issues corrected. I will be testing my headset soon. If it works, I will post RC2 tonight.
    Last edited by NightRaven; 12/01/2008 at 06:17 PM.
  17.    #1737  
    Much better.

Did you get the MMS settings in the Sprint ROM yet?
    Much better.

Did you get the MMS settings in the Sprint ROM yet?
    I thought I had added them to RC1. Either way, they are in there now including the email center number for text to email.
  19.    #1739  
    Either way, they are in there now including the email center number for text to email.
    What's that reg key?

I posted a CAB to enable MMS for the 800w, and I'd like to add that.
    What's that reg key?

I posted a CAB to enable MMS for the 800w, and I'd like to add that.
    Here are the Sprint settings.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Palm\Messaging\Prefs]
    "EmailCenterNumber"="6245"
    "MessageCenterNumber"=""
    "MMSGatewayAddress"=""
    "MmsUrl"="http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms"
    "NetworkProfile"="The Internet"
    "UseManualNetworkSettings"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General]
    "IsGSM"=dword:00000000
    "ShowAdvancedPreferencesTab"=dword:00000001
    "ShowSmsToMmsConvertWarning"=dword:00000000