Page 86 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2070
  1. #1701  
    This beta is by far the best! Thanks!

    Got the mms working now- thanks!

    I am now finding my device has insomnia, in it wont sleep on it's own. Is there a tweak in the registry for this? I've tried to change the power management settings, with no fix.
  2. #1702  
    SPB Mobile Shell and Pocket Plus work great!

    Pocket Plus actually looks better and has more features in 6.1 vs 6.0!

    Quote Originally Posted by firestrm View Post
    Got the mms working now- thanks!
    What carrier are you using?
    (Just wanting to know if the Sprint or Alltell setting work)

    Quote Originally Posted by firestrm View Post
    I am now finding my device has insomnia, in it wont sleep on it's own. Is there a tweak in the registry for this? I've tried to change the power management settings, with no fix.
    I noticed the same thing... Any ideas?

    Regarding speed, I have diabled Voice Command and Error Reporting, but the device seems slow... Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
  3. #1703  
    Quote Originally Posted by firestrm View Post
    This beta is by far the best! Thanks!

    Got the mms working now- thanks!

    I am now finding my device has insomnia, in it wont sleep on it's own. Is there a tweak in the registry for this? I've tried to change the power management settings, with no fix.
    I think I know what's causing this. I pulled the power control panel extension from the 800w. I think that's why it's not working.
  4. #1704  
    I am able to send and receive MMS on alltel. The IsVerizon key need to be enabled as well.

    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General\IsVerizon=1

    Message Center number: Leave Blank
    Email Center Number: Leave Blank
    MMS Gateway Address: Leave Blank
    MMS URL: http://mms-mt.alltel.net/servlets/mms
    Network Profile: The Internet

    Then soft reset

    If you are on sprint, try these settings and let me know if they work.

    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General\IsVerizon=1

    Message Center number: Leave Blank
    Email Center Number: Leave Blank
    MMS Gateway Address: Leave Blank
    MMS URL: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
    Network Profile: The Internet

    Then soft reset

    I'm adding the verizon and alltel settings to the roms. Let me know if the sprint settings work, and I'll add the settings to the sprint rom.
  5. #1705  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetack View Post
    SPB Mobile Shell and Pocket Plus work great!

    Pocket Plus actually looks better and has more features in 6.1 vs 6.0!



    What carrier are you using?
    (Just wanting to know if the Sprint or Alltell setting work)



    Thanks,
    I am using verizon for my service.
  6. #1706  
    The insomnia seems limited only to sleep mode. It appears fine, as long as I remember to manually let it sleep.
  7. #1707  
    Quote Originally Posted by firestrm View Post
    The insomnia seems limited only to sleep mode. It appears fine, as long as I remember to manually let it sleep.
    I just tested my change, and this issue has been resolved. The changes will be in the next rom, which may not be beta.
  8. #1708  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I just tested my change, and this issue has been resolved. The changes will be in the next rom, which may not be beta.
    Many Thanks!
  9. #1709  
    Alltel/Bell/Telus - RC1 Build 20757

    Verizon - RC1 Build 20757

    Sprint - RC1 Build 20757

    • CE OS 5.2.20924 (Build 20757.1.4.0)
    • Beta 16 with the following changes.
    • Add MMS Carrier settings to Palm Threaded SMS for Alltel, Verizon, and Sprint.
    • Fixed backlight and device turn off timeout issue.
    • Fixed missing camera shortcut in sprint rom.
  10. #1710  
    Oh boy! RC1! getting close to final...I love it!
  11. #1711  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetack View Post
    SPB Mobile Shell and Pocket Plus work great!

    Pocket Plus actually looks better and has more features in 6.1 vs 6.0!

    ...
    What additional feature? I use PocketPlus and have not noticed any. What have I overlooked?
  12. #1712  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    What additional feature? I use PocketPlus and have not noticed any. What have I overlooked?
    My previous install of Pocket Plus had less tabs and less plug-ins.
    It also only had one size of icons on the today plug-in, while now I have three different sizes on the same tab. The settings and internet tab have all new layouts, and the large icons are slightly smaller than they were before, small enough to leave room for text without making it cramped.

    Maybe my Pocket Plus install on 6.0 was a bad install, or maybe I am dreaming, who knows...
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
  13.    #1713  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    If you are on sprint, try these settings and let me know if they work.

    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General\IsVerizon=1

    Message Center number: Leave Blank
    Email Center Number: Leave Blank
    MMS Gateway Address: Leave Blank
    MMS URL: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
    Network Profile: The Internet

    Then soft reset

    I'm adding the verizon and alltel settings to the roms. Let me know if the sprint settings work, and I'll add the settings to the sprint rom.
    These settings work! Great job guys!
  14. #1714  
    NightRaven,

    I've been monitoring / testing your beta builds now for a few weeks. Your new RC1 appears to have hit the spot -- just about everything is working in the rom.

    The one thing that still is a problem is the Network menu (at least in the Sprint rom). You are unable to select roaming or the Sprint network -- instead the "Automatic" / "HomeA/B" options are all that is present. Changing those options messes up your phone badly (at least for Sprint users).

    Not sure if this is something which can be fixed in the future or if it is too time consuming. Just wanted to let you know there is a push for this to be fixed before your final rom.
  15. #1715  
    I've been LOVING your BETA 15 ROM so I was extremely excited to see RC1 up. I immediately installed onto my Bell Mobility phone and boy is it speedier than Beta 15.

    Sadly,
    The Bluetooth activesync stopped working for me. Did anything change with this ?

    I'll try out Beta 16 now to see if Bluetooth was still working in that build and let you know.


    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Alltel/Bell/Telus - RC1 Build 20757

    Verizon - RC1 Build 20757

    Sprint - RC1 Build 20757

    • CE OS 5.2.20924 (Build 20757.1.4.0)
    • Beta 16 with the following changes.
    • Add MMS Carrier settings to Palm Threaded SMS for Alltel, Verizon, and Sprint.
    • Fixed backlight and device turn off timeout issue.
    • Fixed missing camera shortcut in sprint rom.
  16. #1716  
    I can confirm the Bluetooth Activesync (On the Bell ROM) works on Beta 15 and Beta 16 but does not work in RC1.
  17. #1717  
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    I can confirm the Bluetooth Activesync (On the Bell ROM) works on Beta 15 and Beta 16 but does not work in RC1.
    Updated: Bluetooth ActiveSync is working fine for me on the RC1 Alltel/Bell/Tellus rom. I will work on the Sprint roaming issues tonight.
    Last edited by NightRaven; 12/01/2008 at 11:53 AM.
  18. #1718  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Updated: Bluetooth ActiveSync is working fine for be on the RC1 Alltel/Bell/Tellus rom.


    Hmmmmm,
    I wonder what's wrong on my end then....
    With Beta 15 and Beta 16 I have the following Bluetooth services available when trying to pair up with my laptop:
    - Wireless Stereo
    - Headset
    - ACTIVESYNC
    - Dial up Networking


    With RC1 I don't see Activesync as an option and I can't get it to sync up with my laptop. I see this :
    - Wireless Stereo
    - Headset
    - Serial Port (or something along that line)
    - Dial up Networking
  19. #1719  
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    Hmmmmm,
    I wonder what's wrong on my end then....
    With Beta 15 and Beta 16 I have the following Bluetooth services available when trying to pair up with my laptop:
    - Wireless Stereo
    - Headset
    - ACTIVESYNC
    - Dial up Networking


    With RC1 I don't see Activesync as an option and I can't get it to sync up with my laptop. I see this :
    - Wireless Stereo
    - Headset
    - Serial Port (or something along that line)
    - Dial up Networking

    Is activesync or wmdc center set up to use USB and not a com port?
  20. #1720  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Is activesync or wmdc center set up to use USB and not a com port?
    Connection settings on the PC side for Activesync are :
    Allow USB connections and Allow connections to one of the following : COM4
    Com4 is mapped to my bluetooth.

    I don't know what WMDC center is

    Without making any changes on the PC side and having it configured the same way and performing a fresh install of Beta 15 and 16: Activesync works on beta 15 and beta 16 properly , RC1 does not.
    Last edited by the.teejster; 12/01/2008 at 12:27 PM.

Posting Permissions