Page 85 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2070
    I am currently running ebagg's testing 5 rom.

Is there anything I need to do to go between that rom and this beta 16 rom other than hard reset and then load the new nb0 file?
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetack View Post

Is there anything I need to do to go between that rom and this beta 16 rom other than hard reset and then load the new nb0 file?
    Nope...
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Added Palm Threaded SMS/MMS from the 800w rom. (will require carrier specific tweaking.)
    ...and what would the specific tweaking for Verizon be?
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
    ...and what would the specific tweaking for Verizon be?
    The MMS settings may need to be adjusted. Not sure what they need to be changed too.
  5.    #1685  
    The MMS settings may need to be adjusted. Not sure what they need to be changed too.
    You need to enable the registry keys for MMS and enable the advanced settings key. I'd assume you'd need to enable the IsVerizon key as well.

Then of course you need to know the MMS server settings.....

The default settings may work for Verizon as the 800w was originally a Verizon phone.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I am excited about reflashing to Ebag's version 16, but it is just the .nb0 file. I've read the install directions in the first post, but it talks about a folder and 4 files etc...

The answer was "no" to this question, but I am coming straight from Verizon's 1.24 rom. Can I still just update straight from the VZW_Beta_16_Treo_700wx_WM6.1_5.2.20924_(Build_20757.1.4.0)_Napaboth napaboth.nb0 on the SD card or can I just slip this napaboth.nb0 into Verizon's own SD updater and follow Verizon/Palm's instructions with Ebag's .nb0 file or should I attack this from another way altogether?

Also, can I restore my WM6 Sprite backup after install Ebag's version 16 WM6.1? Thanks for all your hard work on this project.
    Last edited by scubamike; 11/29/2008 at 09:59 AM.
  7.    #1687  
    Quote Originally Posted by scubamike View Post
    I am excited about reflashing to Ebag's version 16
    That's actually all NightRaven's.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I stand corrected, but, in spite of my transgression, am I still deserving of an answer to my question?
    Quote Originally Posted by scubamike View Post
    I am excited about reflashing to Ebag's version 16, but it is just the .nb0 file. I've read the install directions in the first post, but it talks about a folder and 4 files etc...

The answer was "no" to this question, but I am coming straight from Verizon's 1.24 rom. Can I still just update straight from the VZW_Beta_16_Treo_700wx_WM6.1_5.2.20924_(Build_20757.1.4.0)_Napaboth napaboth.nb0 on the SD card or can I just slip this napaboth.nb0 into Verizon's own SD updater and follow Verizon/Palm's instructions with Ebag's .nb0 file or should I attack this from another way altogether?

Also, can I restore my WM6 Sprite backup after install Ebag's version 16 WM6.1? Thanks for all your hard work on this project.
    All you need on the card is the .nbo file. If you use the verizon sd updater, that will work as well. It is just not needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You need to enable the registry keys for MMS and enable the advanced settings key. I'd assume you'd need to enable the IsVerizon key as well.

Then of course you need to know the MMS server settings.....

The default settings may work for Verizon as the 800w was originally a Verizon phone.
    The MMS and advanced settings have been enabled on all three roms. The isverizon key is enabled on the verizon rom.
    is it possible to have a locked sticky thread with just the instructions and the required files? idiots like me that are scared to dive into this might make this easier for us.

I am personally waiting for the 800W rom if you can get it.

Just a sugestion, Thanks.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    I am having a problem with Active Sync using an Exchange Server...

I am trying to sync with my exchange server so I can get all my contacts back into my phone, however it won't sync. It seems to just stop and sit 0/54 contacts forever.

*EDIT* I finally got it to sync, the only way I could get it to sync was to move all my contacts on my pc out of my outlook and into a folder, then sync the Treo, then I moved the contacts back, then sync the Treo again, all contacts are now in the Treo. I don't know why it would just sync the first time...

I also have a couple questions:

What is the maximum SD card size that this Beta 16 supports, & does it support SDHC?

I noticed when using ebag's rom I didn't have the annoying "Connecting to Broadband Access using Celular Line #777" message popping up all the time. How do I disable this again since it is now popping up in this rom?

Thanks,
    Last edited by Vetack; 11/29/2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Solved own problem, removed image
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
    I've flashed my phone... beta 16 seems to be pretty snappy.

Only issue i've found is with sending MMS. Default settings will allow me to receive an MMS message with photo, but will not allow me to send a photo.

I've played around with the settings a bit, but the settings on this such as Message Center Number are different than what I have played around with. Any ideas?
    Last edited by firestrm; 11/29/2008 at 01:57 PM.
    Ok, Beta 16 is up and running! Threaded SMS is awesome! I like the 6.1 task manager too!

First off a big thanks to Night Raven!

I did not know that the MMS would be integreated into the threaded SMS app, which is really cool. Text messages and the thumbnails of the pictures all in one chat screen!

Here are the issues so far:

I am able to receive MMS, just not send them. I tried two different ways and got two different error messages:

#1 From the threaded SMS app, while in the inbox, clicked Menu -> New MMS
    Error: Network Failure

#2 From the threaded SMS app, in an open conversation, clicked Menu -> Add Media -> Add Picture
    Error: Messages could not be sent. Message transfer failed.

Both failed messages are in the outbox with the same message failed notice:
    "Network Failure. This may be caused by a USB connection, server timeout or other networking problems. Try again later. Code: Error-Network-Problem"

Also, when viewing a photo, clicking on "Send" only allows me to send via email. To attempt to send a MMS I have to do so via the threaded SMS app.

Any ideas to tweak the outgoing MMS to work?

Also, keylock icons (shift & alt) are missing?
    Last edited by Vetack; 11/29/2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Added error information
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    is it possible to have a locked sticky thread with just the instructions and the required files? idiots like me that are scared to dive into this might make this easier for us.

I am personally waiting for the 800W rom if you can get it.

Just a sugestion, Thanks.
    I'm not going to use the whole 800w rom. It's running a very old build of 6.1. This is probably the closest the rom will get to the 800w rom.
    Ok, Beta 16 is up and running! Threaded SMS is awesome! I like the 6.1 task manager too!

First off a big thanks to Night Raven!

I did not know that the MMS would be integreated into the threaded SMS app, which is really cool. Text messages and the thumbnails of the pictures all in one chat screen!

Here are the issues so far:

I am able to receive MMS, just not send them. I tried two different ways and got two different error messages:

#1 From the threaded SMS app, while in the inbox, clicked Menu -> New MMS
    Error: Network Failure

#2 From the threaded SMS app, in an open conversation, clicked Menu -> Add Media -> Add Picture
    Error: Messages could not be sent. Message transfer failed.

Both failed messages are in the outbox with the same message failed notice:
    "Network Failure. This may be caused by a USB connection, server timeout or other networking problems. Try again later. Code: Error-Network-Problem"

Also, when viewing a photo, clicking on "Send" only allows me to send via email. To attempt to send a MMS I have to do so via the threaded SMS app.

Any ideas to tweak the outgoing MMS to work?

Also, keylock icons (shift & alt) are missing?
    The outgoing MMS is what we need to figure out. I am also able to recieve but not send. As for the keylock icons, they seem to only show intermittantly. Sometimes a softreset will re-enable them.
    1lousvt said these settings work for verizon.
    I am waiting for confirmation...

Quote Originally Posted by 1loudsvt View Post
    the following mms settings work for verizon

Message center number: (blank)
    Email center number: 6245
    MMS gateway address: (blank)
    MMS URL: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
    Network profile: The Internet
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven
    1lousvt said these settings work for verizon.
    I am waiting for confirmation...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1loudsvt
    the following mms settings work for verizon

Message center number: (blank)
    Email center number: 6245
    MMS gateway address: (blank)
    MMS URL: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
    Network profile: The Internet

To adjust MMS settings: From SMS App, Menu -> Options -> Advanded -> Manual -> Edit

MMS message sent and delivery confirmed!

It is great how the MMS messages are integrated into the threaded app with the thumbnails and all.
    However, it looks like you still have to send an MMS from within the threaded app. Clicking send from Pictures & Video still opens Outlook Email...

Now to install Mobile Shell and Pocket Plus to see what happens...
    Last edited by Vetack; 11/29/2008 at 02:43 PM. Reason: MMS Sent!
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
    To adjust MMS settings: From SMS App, Menu -> Options -> Advanded -> Manual -> Edit

MMS message sent and delivery confirmed!
    Excellent. Now Alltel and Sprint...
    Excellent. Now Alltel and Sprint...
    For Alltel try:
    gateway: mms.alltel.com
    port number 8080 (or 9201)
    server address: http://mms.alltel.com/servlets/mms
    connect via the internet
    wap 2.0

For Sprint try:
    Server Name: sprintpcs
    gateway: left blank
    port number: 80
    server address: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
    Connect via: sprint (or via the internet)
    Sending size limitation: 350k
    wap: wap 2.0

I am not sure if these will work, but it is a start...
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1