Page 84 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2070
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    Must be a Palm thing. My Touch with WM6.1 does not have the messaging thing, text messages are in the pocket outlook. Unless HTC tweaked the Touch? Pocket Outlook is different between the Touch on 6.1 and the 800W, even the menu choices.
    From what I can see in the 800w dump, they are replacing 6.1's messaging application with their own. Looks like the standard palm threaded sms from the 750. It's under OEM\PalmEssentials.
    Last edited by NightRaven; 11/25/2008 at 11:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    From what I can see in the 800w dump, they are replacing 6.1's messaging application with their own. Looks like the standard palm threaded sms from the 750. It's under OEM\PalmEssentials.
    Are you possibly working on getting the 800W rom on a 700WX?

If so will that fix the 700WX bad bluetooth and poor signal reception?

Thanks, for all the work you guys have done.
    I just wish I was not such a chicken to upgrade my 700WX, as I like the size, headset jack and card slot better than my new 800W. But my 800W has much improved signal reception (holds calls where the 700WX drops them) and bluetooth call quality/reliability along with the WM6.1.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
  3.    #1663  
    It can be done, but the XIP needs to be extracted.

I've gotten the XIP off the device, but cannot get it to extract.

It's based off the 750's, but it's not the same.

If so will that fix the 700WX bad bluetooth and poor signal reception?

Thanks, for all the work you guys have done.
    I just wish I was not such a chicken to upgrade my 700WX, as I like the size, headset jack and card slot better than my new 800W. But my 800W has much improved signal reception (holds calls where the 700WX drops them) and bluetooth call quality/reliability along with the WM6.1.
    The call reception and bluetooth call quality are hardware issues. Unfortunately upgrading the rom will not correct these issues.
  5.    #1665  
    The call reception and bluetooth call quality are hardware issues. Unfortunately upgrading the rom will not correct these issues.
    Well, the WM 5 bluetooth drivers on the 700wx were simply crap. Moving to 6.0 or 6.1 is a huge difference, and much better. More so of a maintaining connection, connecting faster/better, etc than a quality perspective.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Well, the WM 5 bluetooth drivers on the 700wx were simply crap. Moving to 6.0 or 6.1 is a huge difference, and much better. More so of a maintaining connection, connecting faster/better, etc than a quality perspective.....

Ok then, so the phone radio is not helped by the newer software of WM6.1?

You guys might get me talked into the upgrade yet to 6.1.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Ok then, so the phone radio is not helped by the newer software of WM6.1?

You guys might get me talked into the upgrade yet to 6.1.
    If you backup your stock rom using grabit, you can always flash back if you don't like the rom.
    That's surprising to hear about radio issues with the 700wx. I have a verizon model and one of the reasons I don't want to give up my 700wx is because of the incredibly GOOD call quality and reception. Interesting...
    I have to say, I am amazed at the quality of this 6.1 build for Verizon. It is nothing sort of incredibly remarkable on my WX.

I sure wish there was such a thing as a decent browser... I gave the TouchBrowser a shot, but couldn't get it to run at all... seemed like a contender.

This ROM also works with SPB Mobile Shell. The first one to actually work well enough with it to allow me to keep it installed.

I sure wish I knew how to do what you do. My daughter has my old 700W, but I don't let her have access to a data plan. Do you think a stripped down image, taking out all the parts needed for data would help it run better? Now, of course, she only has about 3 meg of free memory at all times (ooooh, I need to check it after I loaded the new 6.1 ROM masterpiece you created!

Thanks for all of your fine work.

Kirk Davis
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveG_NH View Post
    That's surprising to hear about radio issues with the 700wx. I have a verizon model and one of the reasons I don't want to give up my 700wx is because of the incredibly GOOD call quality and reception. Interesting...
    I am holding on to mine for the same reason. Until I have a real overwhelming temptation to change. However, I have had a total of three 700wx phones, for various reasons. Of the three, the first two had an average radio at best. But this last one is very obviously better in radio sensitivity. Just got lucky I guess. I want to keep it as long as I can.

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by captclam View Post
    I have to say, I am amazed at the quality of this 6.1 build for Verizon. It is nothing sort of incredibly remarkable on my WX.

Kirk Davis
    Did you have the Verizon WM6 ROM on it before you tried 6.1? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the comparison of the two if you did.
    Here are the changes I am going to make in beta 16.

Removing Arcsoft MMS.
    Adding Palm Threaded SMS/MMS from the 800w rom. (will require carrier specific tweaking.)
    Two new themes from the 800w rom.
    Bluetooth printers from the 800w rom.
    New Active Call Plugin from the Treo Pro rom (If I can get my hands on a Treo Pro dump.)

I am making these changes to bring this rom more inline with the 800w and Treo Pro. I might also include sprite backup...
  13.    #1673  
    I might also include sprint backup...
    You mean Sprite backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You mean Sprite backup.
    Yes, sprite. My brain is on vacation...
    ebag,

You wouldn't have that Treo Pro dump that was posted a few days ago would you? The rapidshare links are dead, because the posting was restricted to 10 downloads.
    Sounds cool, can't wait.
  17.    #1677  
    ebag,

You wouldn't have that Treo Pro dump that was posted a few days ago would you? The rapidshare links are dead, because the posting was restricted to 10 downloads.
    PM inc.
    I was unable to port the active call plugin from the Treo Pro. It is coded for 128dpi, and it does not adjust. I ported the notification control panel extension. THe notifications tab in sounds and notifications is better than the one on the 700wx. However, I lost the manage tab, so you can't add your own ringtones unless you copy them to the windows folder, and soft reset the device. Because of this, I went back to the original notification control panel extension. Beta 16 should be available tonight. I will need help figuring out the settings for the Palm threaded SMS MMS server settings for each carrier.

Here are the changes for Beta 16

Removing Arcsoft MMS.
    Adding Palm Threaded SMS/MMS from the 800w rom. (will require carrier specific tweaking.)
    Six new themes from the 800w rom, and the Treo Pro.
    Bluetooth printer support from the 800w rom.
    Beta 16 has been delayed slightly while I fix an issue with the SMS softkey.
    Alltel/Bell/Telus - Beta 16 Build 20757

Verizon - Beta 16 Build 20757

Sprint - Beta 16 Build 20757

• CE OS 5.2.20924 (Build 20757.1.4.0)
    • Beta 15 with the following changes.
    • Removed Arcsoft MMS.
    • Added Palm Threaded SMS/MMS from the 800w rom. (will require carrier specific tweaking.)
    • Added Bluetooth printer support from the 800w rom.
    • Added web search today plugin from the 800w rom. (Turned off by default.)
    • Six new themes from the 800w rom, and the Treo Pro.
    • Bluetooth Activesync still works.