Page 83 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2070
    Quote Originally Posted by ncpilot000 View Post
    NightRaven,

I'm having problem with my bluetooth headset, Can't drag and select in Outlook, Battery life went way down, Having problem with calls, MMS is not working (Error Synchronizing). This is on beta 15 with Alltel. Much faster! I'm going to try 14 until 16 comes out. Thanks for all your hard work!!!!!

NCPilot000
    MMS will always say error synchronizing when you hit send/recieve, because MMS does not function the same as email. You should still be able to send and recieve text messages just fine. I usually get about three or four a day. As for the battery life, change the timeouts under power settings. They are set to 5 minutes by default. I set mine to 1 and 5. What probelms are you expiriencing with calls?
    I'm looking for verizon customers to test this version of Arcsoft MMS. If it works correctly, I will integrate it into the beta 16 verizon rom.

http://www.4shared.com/file/72526808...MMS_30624.html
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I'm looking for verizon customers to test this version of Arcsoft MMS. If it works correctly, I will integrate it into the beta 16 verizon rom.

I give it a go when I get home from work tonight.
    How's the performance been guys?
    Quick question too -

Has anyone tried the ROM update by having ONLY the nb0 file on the card? I had the directions from somewhere in this thread I think. You format the card as FAT32 and then you just put the nb0 file on the card (that's it, just the 1 file), remove the battery, hold the Vol Up button, and reinsert the battery. It then prompts to update the ROM image by. Plug in a AC charger before doing it, and press Up on the 5 way, and theoretically, you should be all set.

Anyone done it this way? It seems easier than using the full SD card updaters from Sprint or Verizon, with other stuff there that you don't need. This way, it's just the one single ROM file you care about. In theory, you could go back and forth between the WM6 ROM from Verizon (which I have) and any of Ebaggs or Nightraven's ROMs, with little effort or opportunity for error (like forgetting to delete a firmware file or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveG_NH View Post
    Quick question too -

Has anyone tried the ROM update by having ONLY the nb0 file on the card? I had the directions from somewhere in this thread I think. You format the card as FAT32 and then you just put the nb0 file on the card (that's it, just the 1 file), remove the battery, hold the Vol Up button, and reinsert the battery. It then prompts to update the ROM image by. Plug in a AC charger before doing it, and press Up on the 5 way, and theoretically, you should be all set.

Anyone done it this way? It seems easier than using the full SD card updaters from Sprint or Verizon, with other stuff there that you don't need. This way, it's just the one single ROM file you care about. In theory, you could go back and forth between the WM6 ROM from Verizon (which I have) and any of Ebaggs or Nightraven's ROMs, with little effort or opportunity for error (like forgetting to delete a firmware file or something).
    I always flash with just the .nbo file on the card. The other files are only used after the rom has been flashed to automatically load the rest of the updates such as the radio firmware or any custom settings that have to be loaded after the rom has been flash.
    Cool, thanks. Do you do a hard reset before to bring it back to defaults for everything? I saw that on page 1, and wondered if it was as necessary as thought when that post was first written.

As far as you know too, if I load one of your betas, could I then go back to the Verizon WM6 ROM (the one they issued as part of their 1/24 updgrade) without issue? Or would bits and pieces of 6.1 be left around?

Knowing I can go back and forth will make me more willing to give the betas a shot.

Thanks.
  8.    #1648  
    The flashing process is designed to do an "upgrade" rather than a wipe and replace.

This means if you don't hard reset you'll leave bits and pieces of the old ROM laying around, which could having a negative effect. It's always good to start from a clean slate.
    Got it, thanks.

So if it does work like an upgrade, can you not go backward? If I installed NightRaven's 6.1 ROM, and go back to Verizon's WM6 ROM, would pieces of NR's 6.1 be left behind, messing up the phone? I always thought it was a complete erase and rewrite, so glad I asked.
    Last edited by SteveG_NH; 11/22/2008 at 01:49 PM.
    Got it, thanks.

So if it does work like an upgrade, can you not go backward? If I installed NightRaven's 6.1 ROM, and go back to Verizon's WM6 ROM, would pieces of NR's 6.1 be left behind, messing up the phone? I always thought it was a complete erase and rewrite, so glad I asked.
    You can always go back. Everytime you flash the rom, it is complete erased and reloaded and nothing from the previous rom is left behind.
    NightRaven, if beta 15 doesn't have IE6 in it, is there just no browser packaged with it?

I am so tempted to try it now...but I keep saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." But I would love 6.1.

Any major known bugs still hanging out there?

Do you believe performance is better than say the verizon WM6 ROM?

Thanks for doing this. You and eBag are really great for putting so much time into this stuff.
    NightRaven, if beta 15 doesn't have IE6 in it, is there just no browser packaged with it?

I am so tempted to try it now...but I keep saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." But I would love 6.1.

Any major known bugs still hanging out there?

Do you believe performance is better than say the verizon WM6 ROM?

Thanks for doing this. You and eBag are really great for putting so much time into this stuff.
    Internet Explorer Mobile 6 is a new browser for Windows Mobile. Microsoft just released is a couple of weeks ago. However, it requires a processor that is at least 500Mhz. The 700wx is 312Mhz, so IE mobile 6 runs really slow. Because of this, I did not inlcude it in this rom.

However, this rom still contains the orginal PIE browser that every other windows mobile rom contains.

WM6.1 runs a little slower than the verizon rom. However, this rom is the fastest 6.1 rom so far.

The only bugs that have been reports are.
    1.) hidelogo is not compatible with this rom.
    2.) There is no multiselect in messaging.
    Last edited by NightRaven; 11/23/2008 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post

http://www.4shared.com/file/72526808...MMS_30624.html
    Has anyone been able to test this version of arcsoft on verizon yet. I would like to include it in the next rom.
    I've tried it, it didn't work for me. It may have been a biological error though. couldn't get it to send or receive.
    didn't work for me either.
    Make sure to soft reset after installing the cab.
    Reinstalled it then did a soft reset and it works. Only thing I have to say is I do not like it. Is there any way to get this one working "WM6 Threaded SMS Install Instructions for nOObs. w/pictures"? Sorry can't link it due to not having 10 post. I gave it a go and my phone didn't like it, ended up reloading the 6.1 rom
  18.    #1658  
    I know that the 800w's poutlook has MMS support built into it. I'm not sure if that was added/tweaked by Palm, or is default MS functionality....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I know that the 800w's poutlook has MMS support built into it. I'm not sure if that was added/tweaked by Palm, or is default MS functionality....
    Must be a Palm thing. My Touch with WM6.1 does not have the messaging thing, text messages are in the pocket outlook. Unless HTC tweaked the Touch? Pocket Outlook is different between the Touch on 6.1 and the 800W, even the menu choices.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
  20.    #1660  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    Must be a Palm thing.
    Yeah, I'm looking at the registry key and it's in HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General\

They must have built in MMS support for Verizon. There's a couple of interesting keys.

IsGSM
    IsMMSSupported
    IsVerizon
    ShowAdvancedPreferencesTab

If you enable IsMMSSupported and ShowAdvancedPreferencesTab, then you get options to set the MMS server, gateway, etc, all built into Palms SMS app.

Sorry, it's not in poutlook like I was thinking of.

Hmm. I wonder if you ported the Palm threaded messaging from the 800w if you could easily setup MMS. You'd lose having it tied into poutlook like 6.1 is.....