Page 82 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2070
  1. #1621  
    Ebag:

    Why isn't MMS part of your final custom rom?
  2. #1622  
    Quote Originally Posted by gthompson97 View Post
    Does the MMS actually work on this one? What version is it?

    Also does this one have the registry change for the threaded SMS font size change?
    Only for Alltel customers so far. I have not been able to test incoming SMS other than sending one to myself, but I know outgoing is working correctly. Arcsoft MMS 3.0.6.24 is built into the rom.

    The threaded SMS font size issue, I am still fighting with. It seems messaging resets the value the first time you open it.
  3.    #1623  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewl456 View Post
    Ebag:

    Why isn't MMS part of your final custom rom?
    I never got the MMS settings for the various providers.

    Feel free to add it though.
  4. #1624  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Only for Alltel customers so far. I have not been able to test incoming SMS other than sending one to myself, but I know outgoing is working correctly. Arcsoft MMS 3.0.6.24 is built into the rom.

    The threaded SMS font size issue, I am still fighting with. It seems messaging resets the value the first time you open it.
    I'm an Alltel customer so that works out perfectly for me. I can just go and change the messaging font size on my own, that's not a big deal. Again, thanks for all your work on this NightRaven, I only wish I had the time and knowledge to do something like what you've done.

    EDIT: Have you done any changes to Arcsoft 3.0.6.24 in which you'e embedded in the rom, or did you just add it like you recieved it? Do you have the .cab posted anywhere? I've got Beta 13, and the only reason I'd switch to Beta 14 would be for the MMS, but if I can get it in a cab, then I wouldn't have to re-install all my programs for like the bazillionth time.
    Last edited by gthompson97; 11/13/2008 at 06:44 PM.
    --Alltel Treo 650--
    --Alltel Treo 700wx-- WM6.1
    --HTC Touch Pro--
  5. #1625  
    Quote Originally Posted by gthompson97 View Post
    I'm an Alltel customer so that works out perfectly for me. I can just go and change the messaging font size on my own, that's not a big deal. Again, thanks for all your work on this NightRaven, I only wish I had the time and knowledge to do something like what you've done.

    EDIT: Have you done any changes to Arcsoft 3.0.6.24 in which you'e embedded in the rom, or did you just add it like you recieved it? Do you have the .cab posted anywhere? I've got Beta 13, and the only reason I'd switch to Beta 14 would be for the MMS, but if I can get it in a cab, then I wouldn't have to re-install all my programs for like the bazillionth time.
    I made changes to it. The cab file I have is for verizon. Or at least it has the verizon servers in it. I built a package from that, and embedded the alltel settings from LennySh's alltel settings cab. I'll try to post the cab files tomorrow. Right now I need to get the new Internet Explorer Mobile 6 off my rom. It runs like crap!
  6. #1626  
    Is anyone having trouble with 3-4 second rings and then it goes right to "missed call?" I just started having this problem within the last week. By the time I get the phone out of my pocket, I've already missed the call.

    EDIT: I'm running Beta 13 BTW.
    --Alltel Treo 650--
    --Alltel Treo 700wx-- WM6.1
    --HTC Touch Pro--
  7. #1627  
    Forgive me for asking what might be a really obvious question, but can threaded messaging be used on Windows Mobile 6? I find Ebag's ROMs work much faster on my Spring 700wx, possibly simply because Windows Mobile 6.0 runs faster. Regardless, the only reason I use is Mobile 6.1 is threaded messaging. I'd love to use Threaded Messaging on my Mobile 6.0.
  8.    #1628  
    Quote Originally Posted by random255 View Post
    Forgive me for asking what might be a really obvious question, but can threaded messaging be used on Windows Mobile 6? I find Ebag's ROMs work much faster on my Spring 700wx, possibly simply because Windows Mobile 6.0 runs faster. Regardless, the only reason I use is Mobile 6.1 is threaded messaging. I'd love to use Threaded Messaging on my Mobile 6.0.
    You can use Palm's threaded messaging on 6.0.

    The odd thing about my 6.0 ROM being faster is that 6.1 SHOULD be significantly faster than 6.0. I'm sure NightRaven will start focusing on tweaking the ROM once he gets 6.1 setup all the way.
  9. #1629  
    Threaded messaging... neato, how do I set that up? Is it a separate program or built in to the OS?
  10. ath
    ath is offline
    ath's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #1630  
    ebag/Nightraven

    First off many thanks to you for providing the custom rom for 700wx. I was close to ditching the phone and the custom roms have given it a new life. First time poster but have been following your threads here and at xda quite a bit.

    I found the WM 6.1 ROM to be too slow but I did a couple of tweaks that has made it seemingly faster. I disabled error reporting and voice command features which has made a significant difference. Can someone confirm this or am I only dreaming here?

    I could never get java midlet engine installed which I suspect is a memory issue. Skyfire runs with no issues.

    I have total commander, keylight, skyfire, mobile shell & Jetware installed.

    Thanks once again,

    Anand
  11. maxstang's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #1631  
    Hey Ebag! First of all, thanks for all your hard work in creating these custom ROMs. Second, I tried to download your kitchen both today and yesterday and the link in 4shared is coming up broken. Any chance of you reinstating it? I'd love to mess with this stuff!
  12. #1633  
    Ebag I would appreciate your help; I have ask similar question of other sites with no response.
    My carrier is Cellular South, I have tried the Bell version wm6.1 rom - had problems connecting to the internet once I disconnected; I am currently using your trimmed wm6.0 version - came up with Sprint logo - rom is very fast however I have receive blank text messages from people who are not on the Cellular South network
    Could you recommend the best version for me to use; I would go back to the stock 5.0 but I cannot get a copy and Palm would not help me. I am not sure what other carrier would match up with Cellular South. I have cooked roms for my PPC6700 and loaded without problems in the past. Thanks! You do great work!!!
  13.    #1634  
    Cellular South probably has it's own set of DLL's for text messages.

    You'd need a dump of the files and registry. If you get that, I can probably provide an installer that will replace the Sprint texting DLL's with Cellular Souths.
  14. maxstang's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #1635  
    Thanks Ebag, but that's the link I tried. Press the download button, and you have to wait x number of seconds for the link and then it says: "The file link that you requested is not valid".
  15. maxstang's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #1636  
    Found it on the "Mobile Roms" site listed earlier in this post. Thanks again.
  16. maxstang's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #1637  
    Just wanted to post another thank you. Ebag, you've made ROM cooking so easy, that a guy like me with virtually no experience can have fun dinkering with the ROM on his phone. I've loaded several custom WM5 ROMs on my 700w and even got your stripped WM6 ROM to work on my phone! Thanks again.
  17. #1638  
    Alltel/Bell/Telus - Beta 15 Build 20757

    Verizon - Beta 15 Build 20757

    Sprint - Beta 15 Build 20757

    • CE OS 5.2.20924 (Build 20757.1.4.0)
    • Beta 14 with the following changes.
    • Using official 20757 SYS instead of a beta SYS.
    • Converted exe and dll files from OEM and added packages to modules for better performance.
    • Removed custom keyboard skin, because it was causing issues with the keylock icon.
    • I did not include Internet Explorer Mobile 6, because it's really slow.
    • Added Adobe Flash Lite.
    • Removed Welcome Center
    • Bluetooth Activesync is working!
    • Only 19202 package left is Remote Desktop Mobile.
    Last edited by NightRaven; 11/19/2008 at 09:56 PM.
  18. #1639  
    • CE OS 5.2.20924 (Build 20757.1.4.0)
    • Beta 14 with the following changes.
    • Using official 20757 SYS instead of a beta SYS.
    • Converted exe and dll files from OEM and added packages to modules for better performance.
    • Removed custom keyboard skin, because it was causing issues with the keylock icon.
    • I did not include Internet Explorer Mobile 6, because it's really slow.
    • Added Adobe Flash Lite.
    • Removed Welcome Center
    • Bluetooth Activesync is working!
    • Only 19202 package left is Remote Desktop Mobile.
    [/QUOTE]

    Using beta 15 on my 700wx and it is working great. only thing i would like to do is put the wireless manager in the start menu like ebag has it in the testing 5 rom
  19. #1640  
    NightRaven,

    I'm having problem with my bluetooth headset, Can't drag and select in Outlook, Battery life went way down, Having problem with calls, MMS is not working (Error Synchronizing). This is on beta 15 with Alltel. Much faster! I'm going to try 14 until 16 comes out. Thanks for all your hard work!!!!!

    NCPilot000

Posting Permissions