Page 80 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2070
    I really didn't want to clutter the forum up even more than it is. I have a 700WX, I've read the sticky at the beginning of this forum/thread and was wondering about a few things before I dive into the wild, wacky wonderful world of flashing my ROM.

1. Is there a tutorial newer or with more info than the one at the beginning of this forum/thread? Specifically, I have a Alltel phone and want to know which files I'll be needing. Heck, what specific tools are needed for the PC end would also be nice. Sort of an update to what is at the beginning as I am sure the state of the art has evolved since May when this all started. I don't mind reading, I really don't, but 75 pages of messages are a little too much for me to plow through.

2. I've gotten pretty good at registry hacks, but this ROM stuff is a little scary; the good news is my 700wx is a little old and I am due an upgrade from Alltel anyway. Is there a way to backup current ROMs and maybe restore them if you screw up? Sort of a Bootstrap Rom instruction set to put on an SD card? Of course I know the ROM must have SOME type of instruction in there to first look at the SD card, but I was just wondering if that was one of the first, base instructions the ROM gets.

3. Is there a stand alone generic or Alltell specific ROM flashing tutorial/step by step guide here or on another site you'd recommend that can make this a little easier for someone who is getting old and whose mind creaks just a little bit when he thinks?

Thanks.
    Just use the tutorial at the beginning of the thread. Nothing has changed since then, except which ROM file you want to put on your phone. I flashed to NightRaven's Alltel beta 11 last night an it's working perfect so far.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I downloaded the gui interface for the kitchen but seem to find the main program having a dead link on 4shared sight.

Can you please reupload the main kitchen program?
    Alltel/Bell/Telus - Beta 12 Build 20924 - http://www.4shared.com/file/69691557..._Napaboth.html

Verizon - Beta 12 Build 20924 - http://www.4shared.com/file/69692902..._Napaboth.html

Sprint - Beta 12 Build 20924 - Use Verizon ROM for now.

• CE OS 5.2.20273 (Build 20924.1.5.0)
    • Beta 11 with the following changes.
    • Updated SYS build. (That's right, AKU 1.5)
    • No Appointment Categories.
    • Bluetooth Activesync still not working. (Thinking it may be the xip at this point. Need to port a 20924 xip.)
    NightRaven, have any of the Alltel builds that you've had been compatible with Arcsoft MMS? I know one of the members at xda-developers had your beta 8 working with verizon mms, but I can't get any to work. I tried installing gc14's Alltel Arcsoft MMS beta 6 for the Titan with your beta 11, but I keep getting the message delivery/reciept failed.
    Last edited by gthompson97; 11/04/2008 at 02:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gthompson97 View Post
    NightRaven, have any of the Alltel builds that you've had been compatible with Arcsoft MMS? I know one of the members at xda-developers had your beta 8 working with verizon mms, but I can't get any to work. I tried installing gc14's Alltel Arcsoft MMS beta 6 for the Titan with your beta 11, but I keep getting the message delivery/reciept failed.
    I honestly have not looked into it much. It's on the list. I will dig into after bluetooth activesync is working.
    I'm still having an issue with caller ID on Beta 11, it doesn't show up at all. Also my Sprint 700wx appears sluggish running 6.1, and I'm not sure if that's a result of the Beta build or if the hardware limitations... I might try 6.0, but I really like the way 6.1 handles txt messaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by random255 View Post
    I'm still having an issue with caller ID on Beta 11, it doesn't show up at all. Also my Sprint 700wx appears sluggish running 6.1, and I'm not sure if that's a result of the Beta build or if the hardware limitations... I might try 6.0, but I really like the way 6.1 handles txt messaging.
    The Sprint Beta 11 Rom still has the caller id issue. Please use the verizon beta 12 rom for now. Beta 13 should be up in about an hour. It contains a new xip which was provided by LennySH. Version number will be 5.2.20924 (Build 20924.1.5.0).
    Alltel/Bell/Telus - Beta 13 Build 20924

Verizon - Beta 13 Build 20924

Sprint - Use Verizon ROM for now.

• CE OS 5.2.20924 (Build 20924.1.5.0)
    • Beta 12 with the following changes.
    • New 20924 XIP! LennySH provided the XIPs for these roms. Show your support for his work by donating to him here.
    • Option + Send issue fixed.
    • No Appointment Categories.
    • Bluetooth Activesync still not working.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I honestly have not looked into it much. It's on the list. I will dig into after bluetooth activesync is working.
    Alright. I'm gonna try hit it hard in the next few days to see if I can get something working, I really want mms. I'll post my results.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    The Sprint Beta 11 Rom still has the caller id issue. Please use the verizon beta 12 rom for now. Beta 13 should be up in about an hour. It contains a new xip which was provided by LennySH. Version number will be 5.2.20924 (Build 20924.1.5.0).
    Downloading Beta 13 right now. I assume that when using Verizon's Beta on Sprint's phone, I just use the Sprint SD card loader combined with Beta 13's .nbo file?
    Downloading Beta 13 right now. I assume that when using Verizon's Beta on Sprint's phone, I just use the Sprint SD card loader combined with Beta 13's .nbo file?
    All you need on the SD card is the .nb0 file. All of the other pieces are for updating the cdma radio firmware only.
    You, sir, are awesome. Thanks for all the hard work on the betas and the quick response on the forums!
    Hmm, well I left the phone at the install screen, and when I came back the phone was blank. Now when I turn the phone on, the Treo screen comes up, but the bar doesn't begin to move. I assume this means the bootloader isn't working. I'm going to attempt to reinstall Beta 13 again, does anyone else have this issue?
  15.    #1595  
    Hmm, well I left the phone at the install screen, and when I came back the phone was blank. Now when I turn the phone on, the Treo screen comes up, but the bar doesn't begin to move. I assume this means the bootloader isn't working. I'm going to attempt to reinstall Beta 13 again, does anyone else have this issue?
    Several people have reported this.

Try this:

1) Soft reset (then wait at least 10 mintues for it to come up).
    2) Hard reset (wait 10 minutes)
    3) Reflash.
    4) Try and convince Sprint/Verizon/whoever to replace your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Several people have reported this.

Try this:

1) Soft reset (then wait at least 10 mintues for it to come up).
    2) Hard reset (wait 10 minutes)
    3) Reflash.
    4) Try and convince Sprint/Verizon/whoever to replace your phone.
    Fortunately my Sprint 700wx wasn't bricked. I -love- Mobile 6.1 (only because of the way text messages are handled), but so far Beta 11 ran too slow, and Beta 13 wouldn't load. So, I've gone to the last firmware you put out, and I'm making do with 6.0.

Eventually, if the bugs get worked out, I'd love to reattempt 6.1.
    The only time I've seen this issue is if the phone battery went dead while it was flashing. All I had to do to fix it was to charge the battery, and reflash the phone. Or, flash the phone with the power cord plugged in.
    I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but when I go to remove a program, it stalls on the "working" screen (little moving circle thingy) after you click yes to permanently remove it. I have to soft reset to get the phone to respond. I'm running beta 11, going to upgrade to 13 when I get home.

EDIT: It does eventually remove the program, but I had to let the phone sit for about 4-5 minutes.
    Last edited by gthompson97; 11/05/2008 at 07:48 PM.
    I've got beta 13 installed and it's running very nicely, seems to be a little less laggy than build 11.

I've also figured out a way to use MMS, but it's with two different versions of Arcsoft. I can recieve (but not send) with Arcsoft 5.0.71.33R3 Alltel.cab, and I can send but not recieve with Arcsoft 3.0.26.12c.cab. I've posted this to htcgeeks.com on LennySH's Alltel MMS thread, so hopefully he can come up with some answers. I'll keep you guys updated though.
    I've had the best luck using ebag's 6.0 roms...the 6.1 is superrr slow and laggy... I'd like to stick with 6.0 for now but cannot figure out for the life of me to enable/force roaming... I've tried the reg hacks posted before and they do not seem to work for the treo/wm6... is there anything i'm missing for the 700wx?

it's important that i be able to force my phone on roam because of where i live, i had to temporarily flash back to the original wm5...thanks for any assistance anyone is able to offer me.