Page 76 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2070
  1.    #1501  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPlennium View Post
    Awesome! thanks Ebag! You seem to know your stuff! You wouldn't happen to know how I can get threaded sms working properly on my 700wx without getting a double pop up from palms text app and the sms hack app? I posted a couple of questions over there on the other sms forum to no avail...I know this is waaaay off the focus of the forum, but figured I would give it a shot! I really wanted to update my ROM so I could use threaded sms properly
    There IS a way to disable it....but I can't remember off hand what it is.

I believe one of threaded SMS packages turns it off when you install it. Some searching around should net you the results. I'd try XDA dev's as they really seem to like Palm's threaded app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    There IS a way to disable it....but I can't remember off hand what it is.

I believe one of threaded SMS packages turns it off when you install it. Some searching around should net you the results. I'd try XDA dev's as they really seem to like Palm's threaded app.
    I customized the install to remove the default text message notifications. This will prevent the duplicate notification issue.

http://www.4shared.com/file/54371797...eaded_SMS.html
    Beta 5 Build 20755 - http://www.4shared.com/file/67306426..._Napaboth.html
    • CE OS 5.2.20273 (Build 20755.1.4.0)
    • Beta 4 with the following changes.
    • SDHC updated. Added Privileged Execution certificates and ebag's registry tweaks. Saw my new 8Gb A-data class 6 card immediately after insertion.
    • Updated hardware button wording.
    • Bluetooth ActiveSync still not working...
    Last edited by NightRaven; 10/17/2008 at 01:50 PM.
    You are the MAAAN NightRaven!!! Thanks for your help as well Ebag!! Mission accomplished. The sms app is flawless....you guys are much better than the tech ppl they have working at palm!! Like I did for someguys smms, I would be willing to donate to you guys if you have accounts set up?? Thanks again for all the help guys.

Ok folks, I will stop cluttering the thread with unrelated Custom ROM issues..
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPlennium View Post
    You are the MAAAN NightRaven!!! Thanks for your help as well Ebag!! Mission accomplished. The sms app is flawless....you guys are much better than the tech ppl they have working at palm!! Like I did for someguys smms, I would be willing to donate to you guys if you have accounts set up?? Thanks again for all the help guys.

Ok folks, I will stop cluttering the thread with unrelated Custom ROM issues..
    Carefull my ego already has it's own personality, and Steve keeps getting me in trouble...
    Last edited by NightRaven; 10/17/2008 at 09:10 PM.
    I am running the Testing 5 ROM, I have now noticed I cannot open any PDFs?

I cannot remember if I have ever opened one up in Testing 5, is this normal?

Does anyone have the files for the PDF viewer?
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
    is there a link for a stock verizon 700w rom? I'm trying to go through this thread but it's huge. Thanks
  8.    #1508  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    is there a link for a stock verizon 700w rom? I'm trying to go through this thread but it's huge. Thanks
    Why would you want to use the stock Verizon one? Ugh.

You can download them from Palm.com.
    Why would you want to use the stock Verizon one? Ugh.

You can download them from Palm.com.
    I'm sending it in to be replaced and need the original rom so it's covered under warranty. I do not see it on Palm.com. Can someone post a link?
    Last edited by Lawmen23; 10/20/2008 at 12:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Did you actually go into Settings --> Phone --> Services --> Screen --> Network and change the Network? Then change it back?

After that you still have your data network operational just as before changing the setting?

If so, can you go into your ##Data# screen and click one the the Update Profile button? Does anything happen?

I am very curious.

For me, "Update Profile" works in WM5 but not in WM 6 or WM 6.1. Just as changing the network setting works in WM5 but not in WM 6 or WM 6.1.
    yes i did that
    A) Phone settings: change from "Home" to "Automatic", accepted
    B) launched IE, opened a page (it loaded fine), closed IE
    C) Phone settings: change back from "Automatic" to "Home", accepted
    D) launched IE again, opened a new page (same result), closed IE

when i click update profile in the ##3282# screen nothing happens, but i can change network settings.
    A) ##3282#: entered MSL, deleted the data username, accepted,
    B) couldn't connect with IE
    C) ##3282#: entered MSL, restored username to previous value, accepted
    D) Connection OK!.

either my phone is crazy or it's something carrier specific.

sorry about the slow reply, i bricked the treo in the weekend and couldn't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    I'm sending it in to be replaced and need the original rom so it's covered under warranty. I do not see it on Palm.com. Can someone post a link?
    Lawmen23 Try this

Go to: palm.com, select support & downloads, click on picture of smartphones, select your device and carrier and you will get a list.

Hope this helps.

I would have posted the link but do not have 10 posts yet.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Did you actually go into Settings --> Phone --> Services --> Screen --> Network and change the Network? Then change it back?

After that you still have your data network operational just as before changing the setting?

If so, can you go into your ##Data# screen and click one the the Update Profile button? Does anything happen?

I am very curious.

For me, "Update Profile" works in WM5 but not in WM 6 or WM 6.1. Just as changing the network setting works in WM5 but not in WM 6 or WM 6.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixcore View Post
    yes i did that
    A) Phone settings: change from "Home" to "Automatic", accepted
    B) launched IE, opened a page (it loaded fine), closed IE
    C) Phone settings: change back from "Automatic" to "Home", accepted
    D) launched IE again, opened a new page (same result), closed IE

when i click update profile in the ##3282# screen nothing happens, but i can change network settings.
    A) ##3282#: entered MSL, deleted the data username, accepted,
    B) couldn't connect with IE
    C) ##3282#: entered MSL, restored username to previous value, accepted
    D) Connection OK!.

either my phone is crazy or it's something carrier specific.

sorry about the slow reply, i bricked the treo in the weekend and couldn't use it.

Westronic, i assume your still doing the 'restore' thing. i wonder if its carrying over the verizonization settings and breaking this ROM for you.
    BTW just guessing. If you are then ill go in and see if it breaks it. Let me know, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverHobo View Post
    Lawmen23 Try this

Go to: palm.com, select support & downloads, click on picture of smartphones, select your device and carrier and you will get a list.

Hope this helps.

I would have posted the link but do not have 10 posts yet.
    AFAICT Palm doesn't offer any roms for the 700w that allow you to use the SD card install method.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    AFAICT Palm doesn't offer any roms for the 700w that allow you to use the SD card install method.
    No but they do have the pc updater http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html
  15.    #1515  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    The PC updater will likely not work as it'll think that the same (or newer) version is already installed.

I posted a walkthrough on how to correct this. Yes, you'll have to search to find it, but it's in this thread.
    No but they do have the pc updater palm.com/us/support/downloads/treo700wupdater/verizon.html
    That doesn't work for me, as I can't get any PC to recognize my phone.
    That doesn't work for me, as I can't get any PC to recognize my phone.
    its should. did you try sliding down the list of programs and clicking the USB one? It changes the mode from usb serial to (pardon but the word eludes me at the moment). anywho if you need to use the sd card updater download the sprint one from the 1st page of this thread, remove the firmware file and put the verizon romfile on the card and flash that way. the instructions and files are ALL in the 1st 3 posts of this thread.
    its should. did you try sliding down the list of programs and clicking the USB one? It changes the mode from usb serial to (pardon but the word eludes me at the moment). anywho if you need to use the sd card updater download the sprint one from the 1st page of this thread, remove the firmware file and put the verizon romfile on the card and flash that way. the instructions and files are ALL in the 1st 3 posts of this thread.
    I tried that and a bunch of other things as well.
    There doesn't appear to be a firmware file in the pc updater that is compatible with the sd method.
  19.    #1519  
    I tried that and a bunch of other things as well.
    There doesn't appear to be a firmware file in the pc updater that is compatible with the sd method.
    There isn't.
    There isn't.
    How can I get the stock verizon rom using the sd updater method? USB won't work for me.