Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2070
    Guys I have a new issue... that popped up after using the Take 5 version of the ROM... I have a Sprint Treo 700wx and now it does not connect to Sprint Network.

When I looked at it in about section. I found out that the SID, Frequency and Channel are unkown... did I brick my phone, very new to this stuff... it happened this morning while I was using the TAKE 5 version and then thought it might be a problem with the ROM so I went to STOCK Sprint 1.15 wm5 ROM... and no luck... any advice on how to make this thing work.

Again the SID, frequency and channel dropped all of sudden.
  2.    #1462  
    You messed with the network settings most likely. That's usually what causes it.

Go back to the stock 1.15 ROM, and reprovision your phone. You may need to call Sprint and have them walk you through it.

Once that's done, you can re-upgrade to WM6.

As long as you don't muck with the network settings (Network A, Network B, etc) you should be fine.
    Ok a quick question, how can I run the getspc to get my MSL code. I know how to reprovision the phone... but to get a hold of my MSL I need to run Getspc and since it cant be run on computer... how can I run it on Treo700wx with wm5?
    Quote Originally Posted by facethefear View Post
    Ok a quick question, how can I run the getspc to get my MSL code. I know how to reprovision the phone... but to get a hold of my MSL I need to run Getspc and since it cant be run on computer... how can I run it on Treo700wx with wm5?
    there is an easier way... call your provider and ask for it... tell them you want to reprovision your phone
    Has anyone messed with the network setting using Wm 6.1? I was wondering if it whacks out the device like it does with the bastardized WM6 we have available courtesy Ebag333.

I'm too chicken to test it myself.
    no, it doesn't, its a clean os with no verizonian mutations on it.

just tested it.
  7.    #1467  
    Quote Originally Posted by facethefear View Post
    Run GetSPC, then enter your ESN, all caps. It'll give you your MSL.

Quote Originally Posted by matrixcore View Post

just tested it.
    Verizonian. Heh.

just tested it.
    Damn.. I just tested it and I was not even able to restore the data connection without going back to WM 5 first. I was able to restore the data connection before with WM6, but not this time with WM 6.1.

I should have left well enough alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Damn.. I just tested it and I was not even able to restore the data connection without going back to WM 5 first. I was able to restore the data connection before with WM6, but not this time with WM 6.1.

so you are using NightRavens 6.1 and you broke your connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    so you are using NightRavens 6.1 and you broke your connection?
    Yep. Beta 3.

Oh, well, I don't really need to go into network connections, anyway. Also, I had a backup only 24 hours old, so I only need to replace my side button mapping (for single-double-triple clicking the side button). I am also going to re-label the buttons in the Registry.

button 1 = Start Menu
    button 2 = OK button
    button 3 = ctrl + Green
    button 4 = OK (hold) and ctrl +OK (it seems to be both)
    speed = OK (hold)
    record = side (hold)

BTW, that's on a Sprint 700WX.
    Last edited by westronic; 10/14/2008 at 06:56 PM.
    Oh well i thought it was safe. Guess i wont be going in there either. Also Sprint 700wx here.
  12.    #1472  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post

Hmm...that's curious.

I wonder what exactly that does that breaks the phone. I guess I should stop blaming Verizon for all the problems now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Hmm...that's curious.

I wonder what exactly that does that breaks the phone. I guess I should stop blaming Verizon for all the problems now.

Perhaps it is somehow related to the fact that one cannot get an "Update Profile" to work in the ##DATA# screen unless in a WM 5 ROM?

There must be some carrier-branded tweak not present in our 6/6.1 ROMs somewhere that controls this, and that must also be what breaks things when you touch the Network setting found the Settings --> Phone --> Services --> Network Screen.

While it would be very cool to figure this out and fix it, it would take someone using a WM5 ROM to spend some quality time with the registry and with comparing that to the WM6 registry to find out what's going one.

Even then, we might not find it!

Given the lack of any need for me to change the Network settings, I'm not going to do it. It's too time consuming an activity for too little return in terms of a fix.
    Last edited by westronic; 10/15/2008 at 08:25 AM.
    Does the 6.1 include threaded SMS?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    yes it does...
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPlennium View Post
    Does the 6.1 include threaded SMS?
    It does but it tends to lag a bit for me...I start typing and there is a delay seeing what I type on-screen...I read a tip somewhere that says to turn off the "word suggestions" which helped a bit but I'm still using SMS-Chat instead...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Hmm...that's curious.

I've done the test again. same result I still have local service, and my data connection works fine.

It still might have something to do with the carrier. I'm with Iusacell (Mexico's only CDMA carrier), so maybe that's why I don't have the problem.

good luck debugging the issue
    I've done the test again. same result I still have local service, and my data connection works fine.

It still might have something to do with the carrier. I'm with Iusacell (Mexico's only CDMA carrier), so maybe that's why I don't have the problem.

Go you actually go into Settings --> Phone --> Services --> Screen --> Network and change the Network? The change it back?

After that you still have your data network operational just as before changing the setting?

If so, can you go into your ##Data# screen and click one the the Update Profile button? Does anything happen?

I am very curious.

For me, "Update Profile" works in WM5 but not in WM 6 or WM 6.1. Just as changing the network setting works in WM5 but not in WM 6 or WM 6.1.

Did you actually go into Settings --> Phone --> Services --> Screen --> Network and change the Network? Then change it back?

After that you still have your data network operational just as before changing the setting?

If so, can you go into your ##Data# screen and click one the the Update Profile button? Does anything happen?

I am very curious.

For me, "Update Profile" works in WM5 but not in WM 6 or WM 6.1. Just as changing the network setting works in WM5 but not in WM 6 or WM 6.1.
    Beta 4 Build 20755 - http://www.4shared.com/file/67048047..._Napaboth.html
    • CE OS 5.2.20273 (Build 20755.1.4.0)
    • Beta 3 with the following changes.
    • Removed WWAN
    • Removed GPSID
    • Removed Catalog (Not sure why I included this to begin with...)
    • Added SDHC Support (This needs to be tested. I don't have an SHDC card. If you buy me one, I'll test it. JK...)
    • Button Settings now match Treo 700wx hardware.
    • Several Registry changes (These were done to bring it more inline with 20755.)
    • Bluetooth ActiveSync still not working...
    Last edited by NightRaven; 10/16/2008 at 11:09 AM.