Page 73 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2070
  1.    #1441  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Also, I did not restore from any backups this time around. I have no doubt that's helping , too.
    And how many times have I posted to not do exactly that?
  2. #1442  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    And how many times have I posted to not do exactly that?
    I lost count

    I only did it between WM 6 versions, though.
  3. tyger's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #1443  
    I installed Take 5, with help from Ebagg. I'm new to this whole game and things worked out wonderfully. Just a few things I would like to ask you guys. How can I turn of the recently opened programs at the top of the Start menu? It's annoying to me. Also, anyone know any good Today themes that aren't to hungry for power? I've used SPB and a few others and they just seem to bog down the system. I'd rather have a faster responding phone than a pretty one. Maybe it's just not possible. Thanks in advance!
  4. #1444  
    Can I use any of the cooked roms from post #2 on a treo 700w?
  5. #1445  
    I have Sprint 700wx with WM5. I have free account at mail2web. In WM5, I have been able to setup a server source (mobile.exchange.mail2web.com) and have push email, at near real-time from mail2web exchange server to my phone.

    I have upgraded to WM6 (tried both trimmed and full version). Now I cannot setup exchange server in ActiveSync.

    When I begin to type my User-Name say myuser@mail2web.com, then the domain field on this screen blanks out and it becomes non editable. See pic 1.
    This field was open in WM5. Now I cannot setup push email.

    Is there any solution for this problem? I have searched but did not find any resolution for this issue.

    Looking for some help in the matter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6.    #1446  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    Can I use any of the cooked roms from post #2 on a treo 700w?
    I personally recommend the final version of my WM5 one for 700w's.

    That being said, several people have reported good luck with my WM6 ones. One person did report that it was too slow for him. I think it's one of those more 'borderline' things where it'll be acceptable to some, but not to others.

    The WM5 one is significantly faster than the stock ROM however. After applying it, your 700w will perform like a 700wx...well...at least until you run out of memory.
  7. #1447  
    i just bought a 700w of ebay and found out it doesnt have transcriber(where you can write on the screen in complete sentences. do any of these roms have that put back in?
  8. #1448  
    Quote Originally Posted by liamtoh1 View Post
    I have Sprint 700wx with WM5. I have free account at mail2web. In WM5, I have been able to setup a server source (mobile.exchange.mail2web.com) and have push email, at near real-time from mail2web exchange server to my phone.

    I have upgraded to WM6 (tried both trimmed and full version). Now I cannot setup exchange server in ActiveSync.

    When I begin to type my User-Name say myuser@mail2web.com, then the domain field on this screen blanks out and it becomes non editable. See pic 1.
    This field was open in WM5. Now I cannot setup push email.

    Is there any solution for this problem? I have searched but did not find any resolution for this issue.

    Looking for some help in the matter.
    i dont think you have to fill that field in for wm6. i just looked and mine is blank as well. also if it doesnt work using the wm6 file try the wm5 file for the setup. i remember having to do that a couple times as the 6 would run but say setup was unsuccessful.
  9. #1449  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    i dont think you have to fill that field in for wm6. i just looked and mine is blank as well. also if it doesnt work using the wm6 file try the wm5 file for the setup. i remember having to do that a couple times as the 6 would run but say setup was unsuccessful.
    when the domain is empty, AS never gets email from the Exchange server.
    What do you mean by "try the wm5 file for the setup" ? How do I go about using wm5 file?
  10. #1450  
    Quote Originally Posted by liamtoh1 View Post
    when the domain is empty, AS never gets email from the Exchange server.
    What do you mean by "try the wm5 file for the setup" ? How do I go about using wm5 file?
    login to live.mail2web.com on the left choose either settings or options i think its settings. now click ActiveSync settings. Choose send configuration file by sms (or download it if you prefer) and theres a dropdown as to wm2003, wm5, or wm6. now either email, sms or download it to yourself. try wm6 file 1st, then wm5. One of them SHOULD work.
  11. #1451  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    login to live.mail2web.com on the left choose either settings or options i think its settings. now click ActiveSync settings. Choose send configuration file by sms (or download it if you prefer) and theres a dropdown as to wm2003, wm5, or wm6. now either email, sms or download it to yourself. try wm6 file 1st, then wm5. One of them SHOULD work.
    This issue is now resolved. Thanks.

    Now another issue. When I created the "Configure Server..." in AS, in the Email settings, I had selected the Message Format as "HTML". But after the sync, I see that the setting is now 'Plain Text' and greyed out i.e. I cannot change it.
    I was assuming that WM6 provided HTML email. Am I missing anything in my setup?

    Thanks in advance for any help.
  12. #1452  
    Quote Originally Posted by liamtoh1 View Post
    This issue is now resolved. Thanks.

    Now another issue. When I created the "Configure Server..." in AS, in the Email settings, I had selected the Message Format as "HTML". But after the sync, I see that the setting is now 'Plain Text' and greyed out i.e. I cannot change it.
    I was assuming that WM6 provided HTML email. Am I missing anything in my setup?

    Thanks in advance for any help.
    You will only get HTML email if Exchange 2007 is in use as your mail server. You're probably like me and your company is still running 2003.
  13. #1453  
    Quote Originally Posted by browning View Post
    You will only get HTML email if Exchange 2007 is in use as your mail server. You're probably like me and your company is still running 2003.
    Thanks.
  14. #1454  
    Could some one here possibly make a installable "internet sharing" set of files for use on Ebags trimmed or the Official 1.24 rom? I understand it's a .exe and probably some registry entries to add PAN to the avaliable bluetooth services?
  15.    #1455  
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    Could some one here possibly make a installable "internet sharing" set of files for use on Ebags trimmed or the Official 1.24 rom? I understand it's a .exe and probably some registry entries to add PAN to the avaliable bluetooth services?
    My Testing 5 ROM has it. I believe. (It's been so long now I can't remember definitively.)

    Why you'd use the official ROM or the trimmed ROM (which is the official ROM, just stripped of some stuff) is beyond me.....
  16. #1456  
    I want to add a couple of other large programs to the rom and need the space.

    I played with the 6.1 rom and it's internet sharing works, remember the internet sharing didn't work fully on testing 5.

    The only other feature that works on the 6.1 I'd like is the new sync contacts feature (for use with parrots or other bt speakerphones) it works great without using an addon contacts sync software. The one I use is called Hands Free Config by Jet Ware Mobile. Is there a way to get that option or the enhanced bluetooth as a installable .cab? Is it the enhanced bluetooth libraries or a registry entry that allows for that feature?

    I found the ICS add on. It works great with Trimmed.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=644
  17. #1457  
    Quote Originally Posted by browning View Post
    You will only get HTML email if Exchange 2007 is in use as your mail server. You're probably like me and your company is still running 2003.
    yes i think mail2web is still using '03 for us free accounts.
  18. #1458  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    yes i think mail2web is still using '03 for us free accounts.
    Thanks.
  19. #1459  
    Anytime.
  20. #1460  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    I installed Take 5, with help from Ebagg. I'm new to this whole game and things worked out wonderfully.
    I'm even newer to the game... and am having trouble downloading the rar file from 4shared. If/when I get it downloaded... I'm going to give it a shot based on the many excellent bits of info in this thread. Here's to no bricks.

Posting Permissions