Page 71 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2070
    Well here is what Iím going to do: I have testing 5 on my phone now. Iím going to do a back up with sprite and then install 6.1. If I like it then I will redo my proggies; if not, I will put testing 5 back on and install my back up. I think that is the best way for the people that just set there phones up and are worried about spending all their time having to redo their phone if they donít like 6.1. Thatís just my opinion. However, I know how I will be spending the rest of my night!!!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barrowbl View Post
    I know how I will be spending the rest of my night!!!
    Thanks from those of us that have to get up before 5am!

But seriously, let us know how it turns out.
    Yes, that is my boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    Thanks from those of us that have to get up before 5am!

But seriously, let us know how it turns out.
    LOL!!! I'm a 3rd shifter. It makes it easy to stay up all night and do stuff like this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Might help if we know the following:
    1) Carrier?
    2) 700w or 700wx?
    3) Which ROM you're using?
    4) Did you follow the instructions exactly in the first post (including a hard reset)?
    Oops, guess that would help:

Verizon 700wx running Testing 5 ROM

I followed the instructions step by step, but maybe the Hard Reset had something to do with it because I had the same problem I aways have when hard resetting, maybe I am just not doing it right:

Hold Down Power -> Remove Battery -> Replac Battery -> Screen Comfirms Press Up

and then that's when I have a problem, if I let go of the power button, the press up message disapears... If I press up while holding the power button, nothing happens... If I press up while holding power then release power the message stays on the screen but does nothing...

It usually takes me 2-3 tries of letting go over power button and quickly tapping up to get a hard reset going.

Note: Same thing occured during the hold volume up and the press up for ROM message as well, took me 5 attempts to get it to start loading.

So, there is a possibility that the 1/5 time i got the ROM to load was not a 1/3 time the hard reset took place...

Am I reseting wrong?
  5.    #1405  
    You should know you have hard reset because it should be clean the next time you boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetack View Post
    Oops, guess that would help:

Verizon 700wx running Testing 5 ROM

I followed the instructions step by step, but maybe the Hard Reset had something to do with it because I had the same problem I aways have when hard resetting, maybe I am just not doing it right:

Hold Down Power -> Remove Battery -> Replac Battery -> Screen Comfirms Press Up

and then that's when I have a problem, if I let go of the power button, the press up message disapears... If I press up while holding the power button, nothing happens... If I press up while holding power then release power the message stays on the screen but does nothing...

It usually takes me 2-3 tries of letting go over power button and quickly tapping up to get a hard reset going.

Note: Same thing occured during the hold volume up and the press up for ROM message as well, took me 5 attempts to get it to start loading.

So, there is a possibility that the 1/5 time i got the ROM to load was not a 1/3 time the hard reset took place...

Am I reseting wrong?
    1) open the battery door
    2) put stylus in the opening to perform hard reset.
    3) press/hold power button /hit reset
    4) you may now release power and press up to hard reset device.
    5) after a hard reset, just soft reset the device so that everything starts up properly.
    I downloaded and installed the 6.1 ROM posted at:

forum dot xda-devolopers dot com slash showthread dot php?t=397134

There are some issues with Internet Connection (EVDO). It connects initially, but subsequent attempts to connect don't work. I have to wait a while, or do a soft reset.

Also, it is a bit laggy.

Hoping that someone in this board finds / creates a stable 6.1 ROM for the 700w/wx (Sprint).

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You should know you have hard reset because it should be clean the next time you boot.
    Yes, I know a hard reset will clear the device, my only problem is that when I let go of the power button to hit the up button the "Press Up" message disapears and it continues to soft reset. It usually takes 2-3 tries to get a hard reset.

I was just wondering if I missed the "Press Up" before I removed the battery and flashed the ROM could that be the reason I am having a few issues?
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fortiter View Post
    I downloaded and installed the 6.1 ROM posted at:

forum dot xda-devolopers dot com slash showthread dot php?t=397134

There are some issues with Internet Connection (EVDO). It connects initially, but subsequent attempts to connect don't work. I have to wait a while, or do a soft reset.

Also, it is a bit laggy.

Hoping that someone in this board finds / creates a stable 6.1 ROM for the 700w/wx (Sprint).

Good luck!
    I have the Sprint 700wx as well...with 6.1 I definitely notice the lag but no problems with EVDO interestingly...I think the lag can be improved by cutting out some of the fat...
    Vetack. You missed my post above.

To do a hard reset:

1) open the battery door
    5) after a hard reset, just soft reset the device so that everything starts up properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    Vetack. You missed my post above.

To do a hard reset:

1) open the battery door
    I saw your post, I know how to hard reset, however when I get to Step 4 and release power the press up message instantly disapears and sometimes does not register that I indeed pressed up, so it usually takes me a couple tries to Hard Reset.

Just wondering if anyone has had or can help with these issues:

Quote Originally Posted by Vetack

#1 Freeze-Up
    Sparatically I am getting a complete freeze-up or lock-up when I open the Programs Folder from the Start Menu. Three or four of the icons will display (usually the last few in the folder), and then everything stops. I can either soft reset, or stare at the three or four icons for 2-3 minutes or so and about half of the time it will start responing and quickly react to some of the keys I had inputted during the freeze.

#2 Magic Button
    My Magic Button "Keep Alive" option is only working on some programs, other are closing even "Keep Alive" is selected.

#3 Active-Sync
    I have everything set up for Direct Push with my Outlook Exchange at work as well as my personal MSN account through Windows Live. Before the upgrade both the VZW 5 & 6 ROMS synced almost instantly. Now if I get a new email or create a new appointment there is a significant delay, sometimes a couple minutes.

#4 Battey Life
    I don't know why, but it is draining my battery faster than ever before!?!?

Any help on the above issues would be greatly appreciated!
    I saw your post, I know how to hard reset, however when I get to Step 4 and release power the press up message instantly disapears and sometimes does not register that I indeed pressed up, so it usually takes me a couple tries to Hard Reset.

Just wondering if anyone has had or can help with these issues:
    thats why i posted the other way. works everytime...

also :

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vetack

#1 Freeze-Up
    Sparatically I am getting a complete freeze-up or lock-up when I open the Programs Folder from the Start Menu. Three or four of the icons will display (usually the last few in the folder), and then everything stops. I can either soft reset, or stare at the three or four icons for 2-3 minutes or so and about half of the time it will start responing and quickly react to some of the keys I had inputted during the freeze.

happens to me all the time.

#2 Magic Button
    My Magic Button "Keep Alive" option is only working on some programs, other are closing even "Keep Alive" is selected.

no problems here

#3 Active-Sync
    I have everything set up for Direct Push with my Outlook Exchange at work as well as my personal MSN account through Windows Live. Before the upgrade both the VZW 5 & 6 ROMS synced almost instantly. Now if I get a new email or create a new appointment there is a significant delay, sometimes a couple minutes.

no problems here

#4 Battey Life
    I don't know why, but it is draining my battery faster than ever before!?!?

no problems here

Any help on the above issues would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    thats why i posted the other way. works everytime...
    Ok, so the freeze up in the programs menu is normal?

The current application not responding to Magic Button's keep alive is OctroTalk. Anyone had that issue?

Should I do a Hard Reset the way you mentioned and re-flash the Testing 5 ROM or do these few issues appear pretty normal?
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
    i would say its possible you got a bad flash. i personally would try again. and good luck. ive reflashed a few times because i had issues like sms not working, etc. weird, but it happens
    In regards to Ebagg's Testing 5 WM6.0 ROM or the Night Raven's WM6.1 ROM...

Do either one support Voice Command via Bluetooth?
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
  16.    #1416  
    In regards to Ebagg's Testing 5 WM6.0 ROM or the Night Raven's WM6.1 ROM...

Do either one support Voice Command via Bluetooth?
    Nope. That's a hardware limitation.
    According to my account rep the Alltel 700wx went end of life. They are pushing people to replace it with the 755p. Which is just stupid. Hopefully they will get the 800w soon.

Hugh discount online if anyone is looking to buy one of the few they have left. $99.00 with 2 year contract and 100.00 mail-in rebate.
    I want to report success installing the Testing 5 ROM on my VZW Treo 700w. I used the SD Updater version of Palm 1.24 update for VZW Treo 700wx (linked in the "Official WM6 for 700wx available" thread). At first, I simply followed Palm's instructions of formatting the card to FAT32 on a desktop PC, unpacking the update and inserting the card into Treo. It would recognize the update, prompt me to Continue. But right after I click the Continue button I would get an error complaining that the SD card is not present or is not formatted FAT32. The log file written to the SD card by the Updater would contain the following line:
    [2/8/2006 0:16:25] CANNOT CONTINUE: SD Card is not formatted with FAT32. Exiting...

I figured, it must be a low quality card, so I tried 3 different ones before the Updater would let me proceed without the error. At this point I tried to continue with the actual update but it refused because I had the 700w instead of the required 700wx. So I went to follow the exact steps outlined in the first post of this thread (using 1.24 VZW SD updater instead of 1.15 SPNT one, and the Testing 5 ROM). The flash went without a hiccup even though I forgot to plug in the power cable, luckily my battery was fully charged and the flash took only about 10 min.

The bottom line is: if you want to decrease your chance of a bad flash due to a weak SD card, try starting the official Updater from this card first. If that doesnt throw the card error after you press the first Continue, then you can be reasonably sure that you have a good card and the flash wont get stuck in the middle.
    One problem I noticed after flashing Testing 5 ROM: alarm makes no sound, only shows notification message. I was able to fix it by going into the registry here:
    "HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Alarm"
    and adding this value:
    "InitVol" = 5
    I have a new rom availible. WM6.1 Build 20755.1.4.0. The speed of the OS has improved substantially.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=397134