Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Whats so special about the new ActiveSync?
    I think, in combination with PocketOutlook, it enhances wireless sync considerably. Basically, it allows for enterprise-class wireless sync in direct competition with Blackberry Enterprise Server. When used with Exhcnage Server 2007, that is.

Of course, I don't really know if ActiveSync is the key component, or if it is other things from WM6.1. I am not savvy enough to know that, nor do I have the infrastructre to test it out, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Without Palm's overlays within the WM6 rom, I can tell you guys, the WM6 rom will be almost worthless in it's current form...

That is what makes the w,wx,v Treo series special... the secret sauce.

Would the Treo 750 ROM from the AT&T WM6 750 SD Updater be of any help in getting some of the palm (w,wx,v) secret sauce? I was able to extract the os.nb file from that update.
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    it's lighting fast (even more so when you some reg tweaks, or just do the MemMaid ones).
    Does this mean you're gonna use your 700wx more now?

What reg tweaks did you do that I didn't include? I thought I'd gotten most of the important ones.

Malatesta's 2008 Seal of Approval:

In Russia, the seal clubs you!

Quote Originally Posted by fleiscpj View Post
    Would the Treo 750 ROM from the AT&T WM6 750 SD Updater be of any help in getting some of the palm (w,wx,v) secret sauce? I was able to extract the os.nb file from that update.
    Already got it.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 05/19/2008 at 11:55 PM.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=163988

has anyone been able to get these files: (From 800w)

libModemUpdater.dll
    ModemUpdater.exe
    NPRG6800B.hex
    amss.mbn
    amsshd.mbn
    partition.mbn
    02.PRI
    sprint_60611.prl

maybe it would help ebag333 with his 700wx WM6?
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Ebag333, correct me if I am wrong but you did get WM6 to work on the 700wx but it doesn't include the palm apps, correct? I have a VZW 700wx here on standby which I could use to assist in this project. Are you able to post your current ROM?
    Does this mean you're gonna use your 700wx more now?
    lol, yeah. just busy with stuff right now but I'm almost done re-downloading/re-installing my necessary apps and setting up. Looking to re-enable tomorrow.

I'm also UPX4PPC'ing all my apps.

I also have to find my old apps like "Clear MRU on Startup" <--that's a good candidate for your ROM as it speeds up the menu and loading; "Null KB" is also good as well as disabling the other "Input" options (the less you have, the faster the system, though we're talking minor improvement)
    What reg tweaks did you do that I didn't include? I thought I'd gotten most of the important ones.
    In MemMaid there is a "tweaks" section and under "For Extreme Speed" they have:
    • Cache Size: 102400kb
    • Reading Buffer: 163840 kb
    • History Size: 50 kb

Actually, in hindsight I dunno if those numbers were different from yours as now I realize I had "Extreme Memory" enabled, lol.

I still need to do some IE tweaks (max connections/sockets), disable camera shutter and enable the power-saver settings (possible placebo, but no negatives)--then again I haven't seen yet if you had done those yourself for this ROM.

Also, disabling the notification for installing apps would be nice as a default.
    In Russia, the seal clubs you!

I'm fairly certain that's going to be my next avatar...lol
    Last edited by Malatesta; 05/20/2008 at 12:58 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I like how you put in every single registry mod that could be found online.

For the 700w users, decrease the text rendering memory because it will freeze up sometimes.

I also made a verizon version of the Ebag's ROM so there isn't a Sprint logo.
    I can post it if anyone wants it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon.Epps View Post

For the 700w users, decrease the text rendering memory because it will freeze up sometimes.

@Landon

Have you loaded the ROM on a VZW phone? I am waiting for waffles, but I haven't seen him around on the boards. In his initial post he said we need to remove the firmware.bin file. Is this the only thing I need to remove. I found in the 2577/Scenarios folder there is a firmwareupdater.exe. Does this need to be deleted?

I thought one of two things. 1)If I delete that too and the ROM update looks for it, I may brick the phone. 2)If I leave it and it can't find the firmware.bin it would freeze and brick the phone. Or will it look for the firmware.bin, not find it amd move on.

Can you offer any insight?

@Ebag

Does your stripped ROM include registry tweaks? Or is that only in your custom ROM?

Thanks for all of the insight fellas.

Please post it! Does it keep the verizon version number too?
    Yes its on my VZW treo now delete the firmware.bin only and replace it with the custom one. Ill upload the one I built when I get home.
  11.    #131  
    Ebag333, correct me if I am wrong but you did get WM6 to work on the 700wx but it doesn't include the palm apps, correct? I have a VZW 700wx here on standby which I could use to assist in this project. Are you able to post your current ROM?
    My current ROM is WM5. I can't stand the sluggishness of WM6 after being spoiled with the lightning speed of WM5.

I'm also UPX4PPC'ing all my apps.
    Something I need to do.

I also have to find my old apps like "Clear MRU on Startup" <--that's a good candidate for your ROM as it speeds up the menu and loading; "Null KB" is also good as well as disabling the other "Input" options (the less you have, the faster the system, though we're talking minor improvement)
    I'll look for these.

In MemMaid there is a "tweaks" section and under "For Extreme Speed" they have:
    • Cache Size: 102400kb
    • Reading Buffer: 163840 kb
    • History Size: 50 kb

Actually, in hindsight I dunno if those numbers were different from yours as now I realize I had "Extreme Memory" enabled, lol.

I still need to do some IE tweaks (max connections/sockets), disable camera shutter and enable the power-saver settings (possible placebo, but no negatives)--then again I haven't seen yet if you had done those yourself for this ROM.
    Get me a reg dump of what you tweak, and if it's better (and not just more "extreme") than what I got already, I'll include it. I'm trying to keep my ROM fairly moderate as far as hardcore tweaks go, so no moving My Docs to memory card, etc.

Also, disabling the notification for installing apps would be nice as a default.
    That should be in there already.

Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    @Ebag

Does your stripped ROM include registry tweaks? Or is that only in your custom ROM?
    The stripped one does not. It was more of a place to start building from, then anything else. It's not even stripped completely, really. There's about another 40-50 files or so you could remove (IIRC).

I don't think it would. But not sure.

Yes its on my VZW treo now delete the firmware.bin only and replace it with the custom one. Ill upload the one I built when I get home.
    Post and I'll link to it in my first post. I could also use mirrors for my ROM.
    Delete the firmware.bin file completely. Then replace the .nb0 with the custom one. Correct? There is no custom firmware.bin file, right?
    Delete the firmware.bin file completely. Then replace the .nb0 with the custom one. Correct? There is no custom firmware.bin file, right?
    The only concern is obtaining an unmodified VZW 700wx ROM to be able to revert back, if necessary. You can make a bin file using the dump sd program but I'm not sure how easy it is to get that into an nb0 file. Because of the Sprint/ATT SD update, these guys already have the nb0 and reverting back is not a concern.
    The only concern is obtaining an unmodified VZW 700wx ROM to be able to revert back, if necessary. You can make a bin file using the dump sd program but I'm not sure how easy it is to get that into an nb0 file. Because of the Sprint/ATT SD update, these guys already have the nb0 and reverting back is not a concern.
    If I could figure out how to make a .nb0 file from my dump.bin, that would be amazing. That is what I would prefer, but I am not sure if it will work. But could you not revert back to a standard ROM file using the computer updater?
  15.    #135  
    But could you not revert back to a standard ROM file using the computer updater?
    I would think that the computer updater should work, especially if the version number goes to the Sprint number. Then it'll see it as 1.15, and think you need an update to 1.22.

Unfortunatly Palm has not provided a method of flashing the Verizon rom via a cab file. That must be intentional as Verizon is paranoid about their ROM's being stolen or something. (Why else use encrypted ROM's?)
    I would think that the computer updater should work, especially if the version number goes to the Sprint number. Then it'll see it as 1.15, and think you need an update to 1.22.

Unfortunatly Palm has not provided a method of flashing the Verizon rom via a cab file. That must be intentional as Verizon is paranoid about their ROM's being stolen or something. (Why else use encrypted ROM's?)
    I suppose you could this:
    1. Run the VZW update EXE and leave it running.
    2. Find the temporary folder it makes in your Local Settings\Temp and use this command:
    ruucmd.exe -v -t -asyncoff -asyncon FwAndRom.ruu

Looks like someone was able to revert back to VZW from sprint by doing this. However this still does not give you an SD solution.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=verizon+1.22
    Okay I have finished building it and it is running on my phone. This is essentially Ebag's Take 1 ROM with a custom RadioWelcome.bmp and RadioGoodbye.bmp so it actually looks like Verizon.

If anyone can get me the real RadioWelcome and Goodbye from Verizon please do so but I was just experimenting with building ROMs.

Another request does anyone have a ROM dump for their WM6 treo. I would like to experiment with that and see what I can do.

And a quick question, ebag, in your kitchen if you add files to the dump folder, are they included in the build?

So here is the zip for the VZW Rom: http://www.mediafire.com/?xpmobgllr4j

Just format the SD to FAT32, extract the ZIP to it and follow the rest of the instructions in the beginning of the post
  18.    #138  
    If anyone can get me the real RadioWelcome and Goodbye from Verizon please do so but I was just experimenting with building ROMs.
    It would be nice to have a custom one regardless of the carrier. Unfortunatly I'm not graphically inclined.

And a quick question, ebag, in your kitchen if you add files to the dump folder, are they included in the build?
    If you use the "Build ROM (RAW)" yes, it will compile the dump dir into the IMGFS files. I do not recommend that method, but it is there.

So here is the zip for the VZW Rom: http://www.mediafire.com/?xpmobgllr4j
    Added to the listing at the top.
    I could make a custom one,
    Any ideas for custom Radio Images?
    Yes, I even wrote down the settings for #*#000000 (NAM Settings for Treo) and they did not change.

Have you loaded the ROM on a VZW phone? I am waiting for waffles, but I haven't seen him around on the boards. In his initial post he said we need to remove the firmware.bin file. Is this the only thing I need to remove. I found in the 2577/Scenarios folder there is a firmwareupdater.exe. Does this need to be deleted?

I thought one of two things. 1)If I delete that too and the ROM update looks for it, I may brick the phone. 2)If I leave it and it can't find the firmware.bin it would freeze and brick the phone. Or will it look for the firmware.bin, not find it amd move on.

Can you offer any insight?
    Yes, the firmware.bin has the radio, so deleting it will leave the Verizon one on there. (Thank you so much Waffles) If the firmwareupdater.exe is deleted the ROM Flash will crash because the SD check will fail. Don't try it because you will be stuck at the Treo screen for a LONG... time.

A little tip: If you are stuck at the Treo screen just wait. Try a hard reset and leave the phone plugged in. It most likely isn't bricked but it can take up to an hour or more to start.

As for the unmodded VZW ROM can't you do a ROM dump on an unmodded or hard reset VZW Treo and use that.

Also, isn't the Firmware version stored in the registry is software/palm
Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast