Page 69 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2070
    After a few more attempts, I got the download from here:

http://www.4shared.com/get/55640200/...Testing_5.html
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    search this thread there is a hack for the sd card.
    I tried searching, but obviously have the settings wrong cause I can't find it. can someone please point me in the right direction? page approximation would help.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkeo View Post
    I tried searching, but obviously have the settings wrong cause I can't find it. can someone please point me in the right direction? page approximation would help.
    Page 56... Read the whole page.
    Got Testing 5 and updated mine and my wife's 700wx running on Verizon. Works great! Runs better than the Palm 1.24 update. Thank you Ebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharashii View Post
    I was trying to get it from here:
    http://www.mobileroms.com/modules/wf...wcat.php?cid=4

but I'm getting a 404

Should be working now...

Apparently the hosting company upgraded something or did something and now it doesn't like ' in the file name so it was failing on the files starting with ebag's. I fixed it so now you should be able to download it just fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Starting to get caught up on stuff so maybe I can get back to working on stuff on that site...

Will at least try adding the new links for downloads of the verizon rom etc....

Rodney
    Thanks, OP! It's amazing. My 700wx is much faster now, with WM6 operations system.

The only problem I have is that the phone freezes more often than before, and when I use IE (with IEplus), sometimes the internet explorer disappears, it doesn't show up, but the process cannot be killed. So I soft reset my phone a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrowbl View Post
    Page 56... Read the whole page.
    got it! did the reg edit and haven't had a problem since! this is amazing. it couldn't be more perfect... I love html email!
    Can anyone tell me which Screen Capture app is included in eBag's Testing 5 ROM?

Thanks!
    OK, this is probably a stupid question...

Unfortunately, I downloaded and used the Verizon 1.24 updater via a Sync Cable before I ever new about this amazing Testing 5 rom by Ebagg...

When I use the Verizon SD Updater, what method do I use:
    1. First Post- Hard Reset, Battery Out, Insert SD, Hold Volume Key, etc
    2. Verizon/Palm- Plug into AC Power, Insert SD Card, Select Continue

Should I Hard Reset my device before doing anything?

Also, is the Testing 5 rom trimmed or is it full? (If not will a trimmed one come out soon?)

Lastly, what programs does the Testing 5 include? (Does it include Threaded SMS?)

Thanks!
    Last edited by Vetack; 09/27/2008 at 01:22 PM.
  10.    #1370  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetack View Post
    When I use the Verizon SD Updater, what method do I use:
    1. First Post- Hard Reset, Battery Out, Insert SD, Hold Volume Key, etc
    2. Verizon/Palm- Plug into AC Power, Insert SD Card, Select Continue

Should I Hard Reset my device before doing anything?
    My recommendation is to follow the steps in post one. It'll also tell you when to hard reset.

Also, is the Testing 5 rom trimmed or is it full? (If not will a trimmed one come out soon?)
    Full of course. Don't expect a trimmed one ever (since my ROM's are all customized, I'm not sure what the point would be of removing all that customization to make a trimmed rom ). If you just want a trimmed ROM I've provided one on the first page.

Lastly, what programs does the Testing 5 include? (Does it include Threaded SMS?)
    Too much to mention here.

It does not include Threaded SMS, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post

Will at least try adding the new links for downloads of the verizon rom etc....

Rodney
    Added links to the Verizon update page as well as Night Ravens Kitchen. Tested working so they should be available for download. If someone can send me the actual Verizon download we can try putting it up for download somewhere unless it is keyed to your phone specifically.
    We have finally been able to build a working 6.1 rom. The rom is currently in testing. Expect a release within the next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    We have finally been able to build a working 6.1 rom. The rom is currently in testing. Expect a release within the next week.
    I'm sure of it, there is a God!!!
    Hmmm...Sounds like I need to research the diffs between 6 and 6.1...
    Wow!. Well done!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    My recommendation is to follow the steps in post one. It'll also tell you when to hard reset.
    Ok, I downloaded the VZW SD Updater, followed the instructions on post 1,
    and everything seemed to go ok, except:
    1. I did not get the *228 prompt like I had last time
    2. When I turn the phone(radio) on/off I have a Sprint Splash Screen?

Is this a problem since I have Verizon, is there a fix?

The phone seems to work fine so far...

Too much to mention here.
    Is there a list somewhere?

It does not include Threaded SMS, however.
    I assume the other sticky thread is the easiest/best way to get Threaded SMS?
    2. When I turn the phone(radio) on/off I have a Sprint Splash Screen?

Is this a problem since I have Verizon, is there a fix?
    It's just the splash screen. If you search the thread jkabrahamson posted copies of the bmp files that you can use to replace the splash screens.
    For those of you who are Alltel customers and are having issues with evdo on the newer ROMs 6.0 and 6.1, I have a fix for the issue.

Problem Description: After disconnecting the EVDO data session (either dilberately or when in a place of poor service), EVDO does not reconnect. When EVDO attempts to reconnect, you receive an error message that state something to the affect of "The answering modem has disconnected." Then only way to get EVDO to connect again is to soft reset the phone.

Problem Resolution: Contact Alltel technical support. Have them reset your Class of Service. Specifically have them change it from "AML Simple" to "AML" and back to "AML Simple".

This has been a long running issue with most of the alltel users I have talked to who are running the newer roms. These steps have resolved the problem on my phone. Please take to time to test these changes on your phones if you are having trouble, and please post the results. Again this is only an issue if you are an alltel customer running a 6.0 or 6.1 on your Treo 700wx.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Nightraven,

You are freakin' amazing...I am on the edge of my seat...
    Got the ROM up and running, it is great! Way faster then the Verizon release!

Is there any programs incuded that could add a couple icon to the today screen? (i.e. Close Programs, File Explorer, Other Shortcuts?)