Page 68 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2070
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

Q1: Can I update to WM6 with this version without a minor update (e.g. to 1.22)?

Yes. Note that the ROM does not update the version number however.
    Thanks for responding. Just to be clear, if I replace the NapaBoth.nb0 with EBAG333's NapaBoth.nb0 will my Palm SD Update still update my version to "TREO700WX-1.24-VZW" even though the Trimmed Custom ROM does not.
  2.    #1342  
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDraws View Post
    How do you go about getting the VZW SD updater if you have a 700w? My serial says it is invalid.
    Go get the Sprint one and delete the firmware.bin file.
    Testing 5 is the latest, I never released a "full" version of that rom. (Doh!)

The bugs are mostly very small. The only "major" one is that Microsoft Reader doesn't work.
    Ahh...This is what I was confused about. I saw the "WM6 Full" in the first page, and assumed that was the latest, vs testing5. Then someone else mentioned that the full was actually the first release.

Thanks for the follow-up.

And MS reader is th emajor problem huh? What the heck is that anyway? I'll have to google it or see if I can find it in this thread. I'm guessing it's one of the apps you added?
  4.    #1344  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveG_NH View Post
    And MS reader is th emajor problem huh? What the heck is that anyway? I'll have to google it or see if I can find it in this thread. I'm guessing it's one of the apps you added?
    It's for reading e-books.
    I followed the steps to update the ROM to testing 5 and it worked well. It booted into WM6 and I used it for a while. Then I hard reset and the device stays on the Treo screen, and never loads WM6. Now it's stuck there. Both hard and soft resets result in it staying on the Treo screen.

So, I tried to update the ROM again, and the ROM loaded, it completed the entire download BL + OS progress bar, then when done, rebooted into the Treo screen again

I've now tried loading the default Sprint ROM, testing 5, and trimmed, and all do the same... load successfully, then stuck at treo screen when done.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Andy
  6.    #1346  
    Try leaving it at that screen for several minutes (IE: not touching it).

If that doesn't work....sounds like a bad flash. I'm *TRYING* (sorry! Life's been busy! ) to fix a 700wx that was sent to me with the exact same symptoms. This is an extremely rare issue and not one that I've seen much of at all.

You could go into the Sprint/Verizon store, tell them that you attempted a ROM update to fix issues as per Palm, and this is what happened. That worked for me once (though they did charge me $40).
    Yeah, I've tried leaving it on that screen for a while... even left it like that overnight. No dice, unfortunately.

Anyway, please let me know if you get the problem on the 700wx you're looking at figured out. If not, no biggie...

Thanks,
    Andy
    I have loaded the testing 5 ROM on a VZW 700w. I am having memory issues. When I first soft reset, with nothing running but the testing 5 ROM, I had about 7 mg free.

I loaded nothing but my email MS exchange account now it starts with about 5 mg free. After activesync automatically opens in the background down to 3-4. If I open messaging/poutlook for a text or email, down to 1-2 and everything starts to crash and I have to soft reset and start all over.

Anyone else having memory issues with the memory deprived 700w? Any suggestions to optimize this. I have not even loaded any 3rd party programs at all.

Would one of the earlier "trimmed" ROMs be better for the 700w?
  9.    #1349  
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderlegs View Post
    I have loaded the testing 5 ROM on a VZW 700w. I am having memory issues. When I first soft reset, with nothing running but the testing 5 ROM, I had about 7 mg free.

I loaded nothing but my email MS exchange account now it starts with about 5 mg free. After activesync automatically opens in the background down to 3-4. If I open messaging/poutlook for a text or email, down to 1-2 and everything starts to crash and I have to soft reset and start all over.

Anyone else having memory issues with the memory deprived 700w? Any suggestions to optimize this. I have not even loaded any 3rd party programs at all.

Would one of the earlier "trimmed" ROMs be better for the 700w?
    Did you hard reset?

This doesn't sound normal compared to what I've heard from 3 other W owners.
    Did you hard reset?

This doesn't sound normal compared to what I've heard from 3 other W owners.
    Ebag333 ... thanks for the response. I have done that several times now and get the same results.

Everything runs great ... much faster even a low memory levels until it gets below 2 mg free. Problem is that it gets to below 2 mg very quickly requiring be to soft reset 3-4 times a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiccomv View Post
    Hi Ebag, you were right, it was the cable for some reason. I put a strip of tape on the three pins of the sync cable (leaving only the charging connector free) and it worked perfect. Thank you man, you are awesome.
    I also only have a sync cable. I do not see which 3 pins you are talking about on the 700w cable... any help?
    Ebag, great job, works really nice and is much faster then the wm5!!! I'm using Testing 5 and have noticed a couple of issues, I'm on a 700wx and with Bell up in Canada:
    #1: Txt Messaging does not work, I can't receive anything other then the number of the person sending the message, no contents. All providers
    #2: On first boot (after soft booting after rom install) my stereo headset would not pickup calls but after a couple of more soft boots that went away
    #3: Bluetooth shuts down on me 2 - 3 times daily when not in use
    #4: Coreplayer will not shut down & stop by pressing "X" I need to press menu and exit.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
  13.    #1353  
    Ebag333 ... thanks for the response. I have done that several times now and get the same results.

Everything runs great ... much faster even a low memory levels until it gets below 2 mg free. Problem is that it gets to below 2 mg very quickly requiring be to soft reset 3-4 times a day.
    I would try reflashing, but I can't really give you a definitive answer as I do not have a W. This may just simply be a side effect of using a slightly more memory hogish ROM on a very small (memory wise) device.

If one of the other W users can chime in....?

Quote Originally Posted by EMarch View Post
    #1: Txt Messaging does not work, I can't receive anything other then the number of the person sending the message, no contents. All providers
    This seems to be an Alltel/Bell issue. I have no way of replicating it or troubleshooting it.

The odd thing is many Alltel/Bell users have reported that they do not have this issue.

#2: On first boot (after soft booting after rom install) my stereo headset would not pickup calls but after a couple of more soft boots that went away
    Did you hard reset?

There are some Bluetooth issues in this ROM unfortunatly. Verizon threw together this ROM and I am not impressed with it at all.

#3: Bluetooth shuts down on me 2 - 3 times daily when not in use
    Several people have reported this. It happened to me occasionally, but not that often.

I didn't mind much as it just saved battery life. It's a feature, not a bug!

#4: Coreplayer will not shut down & stop by pressing "X" I need to press menu and exit.
    No idea on this one. I don't use Coreplayer.
    I've also noted several issues. with testing5, my devise will not recognize my memory card. only until a soft reset then it will show the memory card. sometime after that (i don't know when) the memory card will not show up in file explorer. also, I can't download attachments from email. is anybody else experiencing this? other than that, runs much faster then wm5, and looks way better too!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkeo View Post
    I've also noted several issues. with testing5, my devise will not recognize my memory card. only until a soft reset then it will show the memory card. sometime after that (i don't know when) the memory card will not show up in file explorer. also, I can't download attachments from email. is anybody else experiencing this? other than that, runs much faster then wm5, and looks way better too!
    search this thread there is a hack for the sd card.
    Here is a link to my 6.0 kitchen. The included rom dumps clean. The only issue is pkgtool, places the OEM folders under SYS for some reason. Just move them back to the OEM folder, and you should be good.

http://www.4shared.com/file/64274002...6_Kitchen.html

6.1 Development is still continuing. Hopefully we'll have something soon...
    Here is a detailed review of the memory issues on my VZW 700w:
    -After hard reset - 8.47 mg free
    -turn on antenna - 8.24
    -open file explorer - 8.05
    -Load Treo Alerts 8.2- 7.36 (loaded this to better track memory available on today screen)
    -personalize today screen settings - 7.13
    -load MS exchange certificate - 6.99
    -close file explorer - 7.18
    -configure MS exchange account - 3.24
    -sync with exchange - 2.19
    -open poutlook, read 2 emails - 1.61
    -soft reset - 4.48
    -check couple of emails - 4.43
    -do nothing for 20 minutes - 3.08
    -do nothing for 2 more hours - 2.74

All you guys are a lot smarter than me, but seems like a major memory leak or something here in addition to WM 6 just needing a lot more memory in its base state.

Based on my experience so far, I would not load this on a 700w due to memory issues. Can anyone else with a 700w confirm what I am seeing.

Can I get back to WM 5 by installing the VZW 1.22 updater?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help ... especially Ebag!
    Here is a detailed review of the memory issues on my VZW 700w:
    -After hard reset - 8.47 mg free
    -turn on antenna - 8.24
    -open file explorer - 8.05
    -Load Treo Alerts 8.2- 7.36 (loaded this to better track memory available on today screen)
    -personalize today screen settings - 7.13
    -load MS exchange certificate - 6.99
    -close file explorer - 7.18
    -configure MS exchange account - 3.24
    -sync with exchange - 2.19
    -open poutlook, read 2 emails - 1.61
    -soft reset - 4.48
    -check couple of emails - 4.43
    -do nothing for 20 minutes - 3.08
    -do nothing for 2 more hours - 2.74

All you guys are a lot smarter than me, but seems like a major memory leak or something here in addition to WM 6 just needing a lot more memory in its base state.

Based on my experience so far, I would not load this on a 700w due to memory issues. Can anyone else with a 700w confirm what I am seeing.

Can I get back to WM 5 by installing the VZW 1.22 updater?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help ... especially Ebag!
    If you are going back to wm5 i would.

1) Hard reset,
    2) Flash
    3) Hard reset,
    4) Soft reset

that is what i do before/after every flash so i dont take any chances of having ill issues. i believe you can use the vzw 1.22 but ill let an expert on the w speak.
    Is anyone else having trouble downloading ebags testing 5 ROM from 4shared? I can DL testing 3, but not 4 or 5...

Is there any other place to get it?
    I was trying to get it from here:
    http://www.mobileroms.com/modules/wf...wcat.php?cid=4

but I'm getting a 404