Page 67 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2070
  1.    #1321  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveG_NH View Post
    Earlier in the thread, there was talk about being sure to delete the firmware.bin file so you don't flash a verzion phone with sprint...But in my case, all I want from Ebag's files IS the nbo file right?
    All I give you is the NB0.

Previously Verizon did not provide an SD card updater, so the firmware.bin file was only available via the Sprint update. The warning was for non-Sprint users updating. If you're using the Verizon SD card updater with a Verizon phone, you can leave the Firmware.bin in place.

It looks like this was just confirmed by barrowbl a few posts up. I would just replace the nbo file from the verizon update with Ebag's and leave everything else along, including the originally downloaded firmware.bin file. That stays right where it is. The directions about deleting the firmware file where if you used the full sprint set of files right? Is this correct?
    Again, if you have a Sprint phone, use the Sprint SD card updater, and leave the firmware.bin. If you have a Verizon phone, use the Verizon SD card updater, and leave the firmware.bin.

If you have any other brand, use either updater and delete the firmware.bin.

And Ebag...you mentioned in the other thread that testing 5 has a couple of small bugs left in it. I want to be sure I grabbed the right file. Is it called "testing 5" or is it the WM6 Full ROM, or are they one and the same? Can you speak to what the bugs are and if they are even discoverable? Or even better, does the VZW update have it's share as well, meaning, having a few stragglers in there isn't much different than the commercial download? From what I've read, yours seems much more solid than the new VZW upgrade anyway.

Thanks for the help.
    Testing 5 is the latest, I never released a "full" version of that rom. (Doh!)

The bugs are mostly very small. The only "major" one is that Microsoft Reader doesn't work.

I believe mine is a much better ROM in every sense of the way. Better drivers, more flexablity (IE: 16 GB SD card support VS 4 GB non-SDHC support, better bluetooth support, etc). Additionally I stripped the ROM so it runs *MUCH* faster. I've also packaged in a lot of common programs.

There's a lot of other misc adjustments as well. Really too many to list...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    All I give you is the NB0.

Previously Verizon did not provide an SD card updater, so the firmware.bin file was only available via the Sprint update. The warning was for non-Sprint users updating. If you're using the Verizon SD card updater with a Verizon phone, you can leave the Firmware.bin in place.

Testing 5 is the latest, I never released a "full" version of that rom. (Doh!)
    I (unfortunately) have a 700w, not 700wx. I presume this means that I must use a trimmed version of your rom? Is there a Trimmed WM6 Testing 5 version available?

THANKS!
  3.    #1323  
    Quote Originally Posted by weinberk View Post
    I (unfortunately) have a 700w, not 700wx. I presume this means that I must use a trimmed version of your rom? Is there a Trimmed WM6 Testing 5 version available?

THANKS!
    Try the full (testing 5) version. It doesn't run much slower than the trimmed, and a couple of W users have reported good luck with it.
    Try the full (testing 5) version. It doesn't run much slower than the trimmed, and a couple of W users have reported good luck with it.
    Will do. Thanks.

<breath holding on>
    Has anyone had a problem sending SMS to Verizon after install Ebag33's Testing 5 Rom? I'm with Alltel and have upgraded two phones in my company and neither on can send SMS to Verizon. Could use a little help on this one. I can send to all other carriers.

Thanks,
    Alan
    Ebag-

You have a social obligation to buy gigantic billboards to let the world know about your awesomeness!

Following the simple instructions in your first post, along with the verizon sd updater and the WM6 Test 5 rom (full), installed on the first try on my Verizon 700w.

I'm still synching to an Exchange 2003 server, so no HTML mail for me. Looks like I'm going to have to push for an exchange 2007 server upgrade now!

</breath holding>
    FYI Weinberk Exchange 2007 is 64bit only. Same problem here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncpilot000 View Post
    FYI Weinberk Exchange 2007 is 64bit only. Same problem here.
    Thanks ncpilot for the concern -
    There is a 32 bit version, but that's "not supported in a production environment." We only have a couple of users and I may go for it, it just put it on a x64 vmware machine.
    I just loaded the testing 5 version on a Verizon 700w. Everything seems fine (although the available memory immediately after a soft reset is only about 5 mg and quickly drops to 2-3 mg when start running programs).

Loaded the Threaded SMS, which I have done a dozen times on the same phone, and I will not work. After the soft reset I get the following message on start-up:
    'cprog' is not a valid Pocket PC application
    Then when I hit the messaging button I get the this error message:
    'tmail' is not a valid Pocket PC application

Any thoughts?
    Just got my used 700wx yesterday, and the first thing I did was put Ebag's Full WM6 Rom - install went well. I do have a couple of questions, though.

My 4GB Sandisk card was not recognized after installing the Rom, but works fine now after installing the HTC SDHC driver. Is the Full WM6 Rom listed in the second post the latest (take 5?)

Also, I am having problems with Wisbar Advanced 3 - tasks do not properly close, and the icons will stick on the top titlebar. Tried this with the latest version of Wisbar, with both the WM6 and WM5 versions with no luck. Anyone else have similar issues? I just paid for Wisbar too
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    Just got my used 700wx yesterday, and the first thing I did was put Ebag's Full WM6 Rom - install went well. I do have a couple of questions, though.

My 4GB Sandisk card was not recognized after installing the Rom, but works fine now after installing the HTC SDHC driver. Is the Full WM6 Rom listed in the second post the latest (take 5?)

Also, I am having problems with Wisbar Advanced 3 - tasks do not properly close, and the icons will stick on the top titlebar. Tried this with the latest version of Wisbar, with both the WM6 and WM5 versions with no luck. Anyone else have similar issues? I just paid for Wisbar too
    you have to get wm6testing5 if thats the one you want. the wm6 full is the 1st take.

after flashing its recommended that your so a soft rest before doing anything. your sd card would (should) have been recognized after that.

wisbar? i didnt like it, so i cant help you there.
    I'm with Alltel installing Testing Rom 5 I can't send SMS to VZW? CAn antone help with this? I'm I the onlt withthis problem?
    I have Alltel. I can't send SMS to VZW phones. Did you have this problem? If so waht did you do?

I had Ebag33's Rom loaded, Then loaded VZW 1.24 update neither one works with SMS to VZW phones. Flashed back to WM5 Alltel works. Any Ideas?

Alan
  14.    #1334  
    I have Alltel. I can't send SMS to VZW phones. Did you have this problem? If so waht did you do?

I had Ebag33's Rom loaded, Then loaded VZW 1.24 update neither one works with SMS to VZW phones. Flashed back to WM5 Alltel works. Any Ideas?

Alan
    This appears to be an issue with only Bellsouth and Altel users.

I do not know if it's an issue with the carrier, or what. Unfortunately I don't have either of those carriers, and no way to test them.
    Ebag33,

I would be happy to work with you on this problem. i have a trouble tick open with Alltel. Is there a spot in the Registrey for SMS that is coded to VZW? I can send to all other carriers.

NCpilot000
    Ebag33,

I would be happy to work with you on this problem. i have a trouble tick open with Alltel. Is there a spot in the Registrey for SMS that is coded to VZW? I can send to all other carriers.

NCpilot000
    Just wanted to let any people who are on the verge of flashing no the downlow.

I recently purchased a used Treo 700w of ebay for 48 dollars shipped (the seller called it "poor" condition aka: it has some scratches on the case and a ding in the antennae). I had been watching this forum and decided to take the plunge into the testing 5 rom. I borrowed my roommates micro sd card and adapter and threw the rom on there and flashed. 20 minutes later my phone loaded into wm6 awesomeness. I did a *228 option 2 and immediately my phone was making calls and getting texts. I must say the wm6 is faster than wm5 even with only 32mb of ram. The menus pop up faster, and everything just seems smoother. I will say however that sometimes I do hit a lag point, but it will clear up. This rom is great!!!!

Excellent job ebag and thanks for being so good at what you do
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have a Verizon Treo 700WX with a software version of "TREO700WX-1.20-VZW". Please note that it is uppercase "WX" and no space between "TREO" and "700". I would like to use EBAG333's testing5 WM6 instead of Palm's WM6. I have been reading this thread for a while and thought I might ask my first questions.

Q1: Can I update to WM6 with this version without a minor update (e.g. to 1.22)?

Q2: Is the following abbreviated steps the correct update path to EBAG33's testing5 (or any of his custom ROMs for that matter) from WM5 (see version number above)?

1) Go to the Verizon 700wx Update 1.24 SD Update here

2) Follow steps 1 - 5 ONLY

3) Replace Verizon's NapaBoth.nb0 with EBAG333's NapaBoth.nb0 on the SD card

4) Follow steps 6 - 12 here

Q3: Hard reset or soft reset? To update Palm's WM6, it's only soft reset (see step 6 here). However, on the first post of this thread step #5 it says hard reset.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ajlee7; 09/20/2008 at 08:51 PM.
  19.    #1339  
    Ebag33,

NCpilot000
    I don't believe so. If there were, it wouldn't work for anyone but Verizon users.

Some Alltel/Bellsouth users have reported no issues. I'm suspecting that there is something else in play here (such as users not deleting the firmware.bin file).

Quote Originally Posted by ajlee7 View Post
    Q1: Can I update to WM6 with this version without a minor update (e.g. to 1.22)?
    Yes. Note that the ROM does not update the version number however.

Q2: Is the following abbreviated steps the correct update path to EBAG33's testing5 (or any of his custom ROMs for that matter) from WM5 (see version number above)?
    That's correct. Though I wouldn't stop at step 12....

Q3: Hard reset or soft reset? To update Palm's WM6, it's only soft reset (see step 6 here). However, on the first post of this thread step #5 it says hard reset.
    I recommend a hard reset. You don't have to hard reset, but you will not see a lot of improvements until you do.
    How do you go about getting the VZW SD updater if you have a 700w? My serial says it is invalid.