Page 66 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2070
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You end up with a Treo with all of Verizon's crap on there?

Why in the world would you do that instead of installing a custom ROM?
    Because the Custom, (( ROM)).... Gives me an insufficient memory message when my phone enters roaming mode. I get poor reception in my house so I'm constantly bothered with this message.
    You end up with a Treo with all of Verizon's crap on there?

Why in the world would you do that instead of installing a custom ROM?
    Because, perhaps, IE would actually work properly and not frequently lock up on me.

But that's besides the point - it's just another possible option for ROMs.

However, the question is, what's the down side other than having Verizon's package of software rather than Sprint's? Will there be any effect on Internet or phone connectivity?
    If I have the Official Verizon WM6 release from Palm will the phone and everything function properly if I flash it on a Sprint Treo 700 phone?
  4.    #1304  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Because, perhaps, IE would actually work properly and not frequently lock up on me.

But that's besides the point - it's just another possible option for ROMs.

However, the question is, what's the down side other than having Verizon's package of software rather than Sprint's? Will there be any effect on Internet or phone connectivity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Howard View Post
    If I have the Official Verizon WM6 release from Palm will the phone and everything function properly if I flash it on a Sprint Treo 700 phone?
    I do not recommend installing Verizon's update onto a Sprint phone.

I do not believe it will cause any harm, but I cannot make any guarantee's along those lines (obviously).

The custom ROM's are based off of this Verizon ROM. The Verizon ROM is an absolute bloody mess, with a combination of 5.0, 6.0, and 6.1 thrown in ad hoc.

If you want to use a crappy ROM, go right ahead, but my Testing 5 ROM will be superior in virtually every way, as it uses far newer and more powerful drivers, back ports a bunch of 6.1 stuff, etc.

Oh, and for what it's worth in my testing I had many more problems with stuff locking up in the stock 1.24 ROM than I did in my last few testing ROM's (including IE). There should be no lockup issues with my last ROM (compared to say, the amount of lockups in WM5).

Because the Custom, (( ROM)).... Gives me an insufficient memory message when my phone enters roaming mode. I get poor reception in my house so I'm constantly bothered with this message.

This is the first time I've heard of this issue. Does this occur immediately after flashing (prior to installing software)? Is this the 700w or 700wx? Which ROM are you using?

That behaviour is not normal or expected.
    I do not recommend installing Verizon's update onto a Sprint phone.

I do not believe it will cause any harm, but I cannot make any guarantee's along those lines (obviously).

The custom ROM's are based off of this Verizon ROM. The Verizon ROM is an absolute bloody mess, with a combination of 5.0, 6.0, and 6.1 thrown in ad hoc.

If you want to use a crappy ROM, go right ahead, but my Testing 5 ROM will be superior in virtually every way, as it uses far newer and more powerful drivers, back ports a bunch of 6.1 stuff, etc.

Oh, and for what it's worth in my testing I had many more problems with stuff locking up in the stock 1.24 ROM than I did in my last few testing ROM's (including IE). There should be no lockup issues with my last ROM (compared to say, the amount of lockups in WM5).

This is the first time I've heard of this issue. Does this occur immediately after flashing (prior to installing software)? Is this the 700w or 700wx? Which ROM are you using?

That behaviour is not normal or expected.

Could I have a link to the Custom ROM you recommend then?

I will try a re-flash and see if this resolves the issue mentioned above. It was giving me this memory error when I enter Roaming Areas prior to software installation.
  6.    #1306  
    Could I have a link to the Custom ROM you recommend then?

I will try a re-flash and see if this resolves the issue mentioned above. It was giving me this memory error when I enter Roaming Areas prior to software installation.
    http://www.4shared.com/file/55640200...Testing_5.html

If it was giving you that memory area then it's unlikely that it's the ROM.

Try an MSL reset, and reprovisioning, and see if that helps.
    http://www.4shared.com/file/55640200...Testing_5.html

If it was giving you that memory area then it's unlikely that it's the ROM.

Try an MSL reset, and reprovisioning, and see if that helps.
    K, Thanks.
    I used the verizon rom. I'm not pleased at all. With Ebags wm6 trimmed, my phone would last almost 2 days without a charge. I flashed the VZ rom friday... within 2 hours i'd lost 15% battery, in 4 hours 50% and dead within 8hours. Dunno if it's the new radio firmware... but it seems to have deafened the sensitivity I had before. Even with the glyphcache and fatfs tweaks, it was very sluggish. Not overly impressed. But that's not hard with VZW.
    Hello,
    I am a noob to the treo (I just bought one on ebay just a couple days ago). I stumbled across this thread when trying to flash my treo 700w to wm6. I have the take 5 rom downloaded and ready to go, now what? I have verizon and I noticed something about deleting the radio.bin file or something like that...how do I do that?
    Anyways, thanks for your help!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by djremix71 View Post
    Hello,
    I am a noob to the treo (I just bought one on ebay just a couple days ago). I stumbled across this thread when trying to flash my treo 700w to wm6. I have the take 5 rom downloaded and ready to go, now what? I have verizon and I noticed something about deleting the radio.bin file or something like that...how do I do that?
    Anyways, thanks for your help!!!
    If you already have the nb0 file then just slap it on your FAT 32 SD Card, remove your battery, push and hold the volume up button on the side of your device, reinsert the battery while holding the button and then push up on the "D" pad when asked to do so. No need to delete the firmware.bin file if all you have is the Napaboth.nb0 file. It will take a while to flash (20 minutes or so). Have fun and good luck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by barrowbl View Post
    If you already have the nb0 file then just slap it on your FAT 32 SD Card, remove your battery, push and hold the volume up button on the side of your device, reinsert the battery while holding the button and then push up on the "D" pad when asked to do so. No need to delete the firmware.bin file if all you have is the Napaboth.nb0 file. It will take a while to flash (20 minutes or so). Have fun and good luck!!
    woah woah woah... n00b to the max here... just got a verizon 700w... are you telling me i can have wm6 working on it?!?!

which download should i grab? "Ebag's Full WM6 - Testing 5"?

should i follow barrowbl's procedure?
  12.    #1312  
    Quote Originally Posted by bgbop15 View Post
    woah woah woah... n00b to the max here... just got a verizon 700w... are you telling me i can have wm6 working on it?!?!
    Yes.

which download should i grab? "Ebag's Full WM6 - Testing 5"?
    Yes.

should i follow barrowbl's procedure?
    I recommend you follow the procedure laid out in the first post (the 2nd and 3rd posts also have lots of info in them).

But what do I know.
    Ebag333,
    Just wanted to say thanks for the ROM working great. I'm with Alltel and had a issue with the modem not connecting called the data dept. They change our service from Simple IP to Mobile IP. Its stable and faster now. One bug when you scroll with the side bar sometimes it continues to scroll down until up press up on the 5-way.
    Does anyone know when or if someone has WM 6.1 working?
    Quote Originally Posted by ncpilot000 View Post
    Does anyone know when or if someone has WM 6.1 working?
    Lenny and a few others are working on it over at htcgeeks.com:

http://forum.htcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=577
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer to my questions, but I want to be sure if you guys would humor me...

I have a VZW700wx running the 1.24 VZW update, so WM6. I want to try Ebag's WM6 Full Testing 5. I have already downloaded the SD update from Verizon, and have unzipped it and have the files on a newly formatted SD card. I see a bunch of files, and a folder, including the firmware.bin file and the nbo file.

Earlier in the thread, there was talk about being sure to delete the firmware.bin file so you don't flash a verzion phone with sprint...But in my case, all I want from Ebag's files IS the nbo file right? It looks like this was just confirmed by barrowbl a few posts up. I would just replace the nbo file from the verizon update with Ebag's and leave everything else along, including the originally downloaded firmware.bin file. That stays right where it is. The directions about deleting the firmware file where if you used the full sprint set of files right? Is this correct?

And Ebag...you mentioned in the other thread that testing 5 has a couple of small bugs left in it. I want to be sure I grabbed the right file. Is it called "testing 5" or is it the WM6 Full ROM, or are they one and the same? Can you speak to what the bugs are and if they are even discoverable? Or even better, does the VZW update have it's share as well, meaning, having a few stragglers in there isn't much different than the commercial download? From what I've read, yours seems much more solid than the new VZW upgrade anyway.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by SteveG_NH; 09/18/2008 at 09:21 AM.
    I'm in Central NH, I could probably give you a hand if you need it.

Email me firestrm at verizon dot net

I'm using ebags take 5
    Jason
    ok, i followed the instructions, using my 4gb SD card (not sdhc) formatted in Fat32, and it has said "Checking SD card..." for 30minutes.... should i be nervous?

update: must have been the card, tried a 2gb, and it seems to be working
    Last edited by bgbop15; 09/18/2008 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveG_NH View Post
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer to my questions, but I want to be sure if you guys would humor me...

I have a VZW700wx running the 1.24 VZW update, so WM6. I want to try Ebag's WM6 Full Testing 5. I have already downloaded the SD update from Verizon, and have unzipped it and have the files on a newly formatted SD card. I see a bunch of files, and a folder, including the firmware.bin file and the nbo file.

Earlier in the thread, there was talk about being sure to delete the firmware.bin file so you don't flash a verzion phone with sprint...But in my case, all I want from Ebag's files IS the nbo file right? It looks like this was just confirmed by barrowbl a few posts up. I would just replace the nbo file from the verizon update with Ebag's and leave everything else along, including the originally downloaded firmware.bin file. That stays right where it is. The directions about deleting the firmware file where if you used the full sprint set of files right? Is this correct?

And Ebag...you mentioned in the other thread that testing 5 has a couple of small bugs left in it. I want to be sure I grabbed the right file. Is it called "testing 5" or is it the WM6 Full ROM, or are they one and the same? Can you speak to what the bugs are and if they are even discoverable? Or even better, does the VZW update have it's share as well, meaning, having a few stragglers in there isn't much different than the commercial download? From what I've read, yours seems much more solid than the new VZW upgrade anyway.

Thanks for the help.
    I would be also be eternally grateful to Ebag if he could answer those questions, because I'm kind of in the same boat (though I haven't downloaded the SD updater from Verizon just yet). But I assume that means I'll have to reinstall everything on my 700wx (which I JUST did after doing the VZW update), but if it means my phone will work better, I'll make that sacrifice, I suppose.

P.S. I also find it annoying that you can no longer enter a Simple Pin password using the number pad w/o using the option key.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiltJR111 View Post
    I would be also be eternally grateful to Ebag if he could answer those questions, because I'm kind of in the same boat (though I haven't downloaded the SD updater from Verizon just yet). But I assume that means I'll have to reinstall everything on my 700wx (which I JUST did after doing the VZW update), but if it means my phone will work better, I'll make that sacrifice, I suppose.

P.S. I also find it annoying that you can no longer enter a Simple Pin password using the number pad w/o using the option key.
    If you upgrade the phone, in my opinion, you should do a hard reset.

As for the pin entry, I'm over it. I'm just using the touchscreen now.