Page 65 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2070
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintsWM6700wx View Post
    Thanks just wanted to know where can i find that Cab/ Nbo file .. thanks
    1st 3 posts have all the links.
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    1st 3 posts have all the links.
    Cool thanks but which one is ( WM6 testing 5 ) is it the Take 2 ? just trying to figure out becuase someone recommended it ...

Ps Sorry for be such a bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintsWM6700wx View Post
    Cool thanks but which one is ( WM6 testing 5 ) is it the Take 2 ? just trying to figure out becuase someone recommended it ...

Ps Sorry for be such a bother.
    no bother. go here and get testing5.

http://www.4shared.com/file/48380716..._-_Take_2.html youll see the links on the right.
    Quote Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
    I saw that also. What does it mean?

It means that Verizon has posted an official Windows Mobile 6 Professional ROM (v1.24) for the 700wx!

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...6/verizon.html

Direct Link
    https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/...ad/$DirectLink
    Last edited by fleiscpj; 09/11/2008 at 09:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Is it possible to change the homepage that the phone defaults to after a hard reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by fleiscpj View Post
    It means that Verizon has posted an official Windows Mobile 6 Professional ROM (v1.24) for the 700wx!

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...6/verizon.html

Direct Link
    https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/...ad/$DirectLink
    Only problem is the Microsoft newsletter, explicitly says 6.1.
    I'm an Alltel customer. I need a VZW 700wx S/N. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ncpilot000 View Post
    I'm an Alltel customer. I need a VZW 700wx S/N. Thanks!
    Desktop Updater

SD Updater
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    What bad things happen to a non-verizon device that has the update installed?
    I was pissed when the sprint rep told me the only way to fix my phone was to hard reset! and then thought it was a good time to finally flash to ebags wm6! It worked great... however, now i can't get webpages to load or my email to work... anybody got any solutions?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkeo View Post
    I was pissed when the sprint rep told me the only way to fix my phone was to hard reset! and then thought it was a good time to finally flash to ebags wm6! It worked great... however, now i can't get webpages to load or my email to work... anybody got any solutions?
    your are probably gonna have to flash back to WM5 reprovision your phone and then flash to WM6...

yeah i know its a big bummer, but there is no way to provision the phone using the WM6 roms out in the wild
    i successfully installed the WM6 rom, and when i go to System > About it shows Windows Mobile 6 Professional, but i'm not seeing the new green interface... i'm still seeing the old blue start menu and etc...

does this ROM not update the interface/layout?

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
    i successfully installed the WM6 rom, and when i go to System > About it shows Windows Mobile 6 Professional, but i'm not seeing the new green interface... i'm still seeing the old blue start menu and etc...

does this ROM not update the interface/layout?

thanks.
    you have to go to the today settings menu and enable the green theme
    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    you have to go to the today settings menu and enable the green theme
    thanks, now how about the new phone dialer? the dialer on my phone doesn't have the 'speed dial' button or other buttons nor does it show the contacts at the top like the attached picture... any suggestions?

my dialpad doesn't look at all like this one:

mine only shows the numbers (no speed dial button, contact list, etc...)

any suggestions?
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 09/13/2008 at 06:30 PM.
  15.    #1295  
    thanks, now how about the new phone dialer? the dialer on my phone doesn't have the 'speed dial' button or other buttons nor does it show the contacts at the top like the attached picture... any suggestions?

my dialpad doesn't look at all like this one:

mine only shows the numbers (no speed dial button, contact list, etc...)

any suggestions?
    Your picture shows the stock WM6 dialpad. It's not recommended that you switch to it as it'll mess other (Palm) stuff up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Your picture shows the stock WM6 dialpad. It's not recommended that you switch to it as it'll mess other (Palm) stuff up.
    i'm not sure i follow you... you're saying that the picture i attached is the dialer that WM6 is supposed to have, but i shouldn't "switch" to it?
    update... i found and installed a smartdialer.cab.

now when i am on any screen but the home screen and press the phone button the smart dialer shows up... do you know how i can make the smart dialer appear when i'm on the home page and click Phone Button > Dial Pad ?

thanks.
  18.    #1298  
    i'm not sure i follow you... you're saying that the picture i attached is the dialer that WM6 is supposed to have, but i shouldn't "switch" to it?
    Palm has their own custom dialer that they use. It ties in to a bunch of stuff.

Switching to the default WM6 one will cause those to break. (Dial lookup, speed dial, anything that's custom Palm and ties into the dialer.)

update... i found and installed a smartdialer.cab.

now when i am on any screen but the home screen and press the phone button the smart dialer shows up... do you know how i can make the smart dialer appear when i'm on the home page and click Phone Button > Dial Pad ?

thanks.
    IIRC it's stuff like this which is why I don't recommend using the WM6 dialer.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    What bad things happen to a non-verizon device that has the update installed?
    I also want to know the answer to this one. What will happen if you put the Official WM6 Verizon update on a Sprint Treo?
  20.    #1300  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Howard View Post
    I also want to know the answer to this one. What will happen if you put the Official WM6 Verizon update on a Sprint Treo?
    You end up with a Treo with all of Verizon's crap on there?

Why in the world would you do that instead of installing a custom ROM?