Page 63 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2070
    Are you using a synch cable instead a power cable? If you are, it won't work (ask me how I know...).

Other than that, double check that it's formated correctly, and all the files are in the correct location. You've downloaded the 1.15 SD updater, and the .NB0 of your choice, correct?[/QUOTE]

You are spot on, I am using a sink cable connected to a usb wall charger... Why does it not work? what do I need to buy instead?
    Thank you so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I looked at it about a week ago, so it was around then. It's just kinda buried now.

Sorry to hear that.

Hope it all gets worked out soon.

Are you using a synch cable instead a power cable? If you are, it won't work (ask me how I know...).

Other than that, double check that it's formated correctly, and all the files are in the correct location. You've downloaded the 1.15 SD updater, and the .NB0 of your choice, correct?
    Hi Ebag, you were right, it was the cable for some reason. I put a strip of tape on the three pins of the sync cable (leaving only the charging connector free) and it worked perfect. Thank you man, you are awesome.
    Ebag- thanks for the ROM's. I'm running wm6 on my treo 700wx using the trimmed rom. So far so good. I've been lurking and reading for a little while now, and this is probably one of the most civil threads out there. Thanks! Some great cooks too! I've applied a couple of hacks I've been using for a few years now on my 6700 and Q... and it really puts my treo into turbo drive.

I was able to speed things up using the following registry hacks:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\
    Change limit from 8192 to 16384

And

HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS

I changed the CacheSize key from 0 to 8192 and it seems to have sped up my treo significantly.

There is very little lag time between changing screens, menus, etc. as was the case just after flashing. It chews up a little memory, but well worth it for the speed improvements.

I've used these hacks before on my Verizon XV6700 without issue on wm5.

Has anyone seen an issue where audio drops out on most things, but if you put in a wired headset and remove, the sounds return?
    Anyone ever figure out the problem with the vanishing memory card? Mine comes and goes dozens of times a day and it is getting annoying. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by browning View Post
    Anyone ever figure out the problem with the vanishing memory card? Mine comes and goes dozens of times a day and it is getting annoying. Thanks.

There are those that have their theories (cheap card = problems, name brand [i.e. SanDisk. etc...] = no problems). There is also a registry tweak that seems to make the problem occur less often (search the thread, however I've seen it happen even with the tweak). I'm currently using a different ROM (which is the equivalent of the stripped or stock WM6 ROM) as I think it might be a driver issue.
  6.    #1246  
    It appears that the drivers that allow bigger cards + cheap cards = problems.

You can either choose to use different drivers, and not use more than a 4 GB card, or you can try the tweak for SD cards, or you can pony up the bucks and buy a quality card.

For what it's worth I've ran 3 different SanDisk cards and they get lost maybe once a month. Every single person that I've talked to (in depth) re: this issue has had a cheap card.

If you're looking at buying a card, get a good one. It's not worth saving $5-10. *shrug*
    I've tried the tweak and am also using a quality card. Using a SanDisk 2GB so nothing crazy. It is a brand new card so not sure what to think there. Any other thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Ebag333, IE keeps on crashing on "Take 2"...?
    ----

With original Bell/Telux 700wx rom, Opera 8.65 (I am confused by the beta 9.33, 9.50 versions), was working with
    full screen drag, options menu can select stuff.. etc, but after using Ebag333's rom, opera 8.65 became "full screen", with
    both the soft keys 'text' missing.., can't screen drag, options menu not work anymore.

So I tried to flash back my version of 700wx.. but it still did not fix the problem.

Is there any way to 'reset' the registry? as ebag333 said the phone is not 'fully erased' with a 'flashing procedure',
    the problem is how can I factory reset the unit? or restore the registry from some other non-flashed machine?

Anyway my Bell/Telus rom attached here might be useful.?

---
    http://www.4shared.com/file/48389713...ified=cf3a628d
    Kocoman,
    you mentioned in this thread you had the original Telus ROM but the 4shared link is no longer valid. Do you still have it? I have to flash my 700wx back to the original ROM.
    Thanks!
    I was finally able to create a clean dumping rom from the verizon 1.24 wm6 rom. The reason the original rom has errors while dumping, is because it contains a second copy of some of the XIP files. After removing them, I was able to dump the ROM without any errors.

The only issue with this rom, is when you run the package tool after dumping the rom, all of the OEM folders are placed in the SYS Folder. If I move them into the OEM folder, the ROM builds fine.

http://www.4shared.com/file/61502337..._NapaBoth.html
    Last edited by NightRaven; 09/02/2008 at 05:03 PM.
  10.    #1250  
    So Verizon just dumped the same files in the ROM twice?

How do you know you are deleting the right XIP files?
    So Verizon just dumped the same files in the ROM twice?

How do you know you are deleting the right XIP files?
    Because the XIP is actually located in a different portion of the ROM. After dumping the XIP, I can see that the files are still in the XIP portion. I used romtoolz.exe and dumprom to extract the XIP from the .nb0 file. The XIP location is 0x00180000.

http://www.4shared.com/file/61502337..._NapaBoth.html
    Last edited by NightRaven; 09/02/2008 at 05:03 PM.
  12.    #1252  
    Slick!

Now if we can just export the XIP from the 800w, we could backport some goodies.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Slick!

Now if we can just export the XIP from the 800w, we could backport some goodies.
    Nice, and i thought you guys give up on us 700wx guys.
    Slick!

To export the XIP from the 800w (or any rom for that matter), open the rom image using a hex editor and search for FE0300EA. There should only be a few occurances. Enter the hex location for each occurance in romtoolz, until you get a successfull extraction. That is the location of the xip.
    Last edited by NightRaven; 09/04/2008 at 10:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by New2This View Post
    Nice, and i thought you guys give up on us 700wx guys.
    I'm only 6 months into my second 2 year contract(first 700wx died just after the warrenty expired) on my 700wx. So I'll be playing with these roms for awhile.
    Ebag333,

I fully understand how to flash to the WM6 Rom on my Alltel Treo 700wx, but I would like to backup my current Rom first. Just in case something goes wrong. What tool do I use or how do I do it.

NCPilot000
    Quote Originally Posted by ncpilot000 View Post
    Ebag333,

I fully understand how to flash to the WM6 Rom on my Alltel Treo 700wx, but I would like to backup my current Rom first. Just in case something goes wrong. What tool do I use or how do I do it.

NCPilot000
    Use Grab It. It's available here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=grabit
    I always suspected that it was the default.hv, user.hv, and boot.hv files creating the errors. I suspected this because whenever I did the dumps, I would get three errors, then when I tried to convert those for editing, I would get nothing but incomprehensible gibberish. I notice that when I dump your .nb0, there are no default.hv, user.hv, or boot.hv files. What happened to them? Are you still working on the kitchen to add to BuildOS with Lenny?
    I've been using Ebagg's Testing 5Rom & it's been great except for weatherpanel. After about 1-2 days it just stops updating & every few minutes while it trys to update it makes my phone really slow. Has anyone been using weatherpanel or been have any problems like this??
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    I always suspected that it was the default.hv, user.hv, and boot.hv files creating the errors. I suspected this because whenever I did the dumps, I would get three errors, then when I tried to convert those for editing, I would get nothing but incomprehensible gibberish. I notice that when I dump your .nb0, there are no default.hv, user.hv, or boot.hv files. What happened to them? Are you still working on the kitchen to add to BuildOS with Lenny?
    The default.hv, user.hv, and boot.hv are part of the XIP. They are not supposed to be in the that portion of the rom. If you need them for something, you can pull them from the xip using romtoolz (location is 0x00180000) and dumprom.

I was never working with Lenny on a kitchen. I already have one with buildos in it. I am current working with Lenny and Astain on a 6.1 rom. It just has a few issues we are still trying to deal with.