Page 61 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2070
    Ebag, do you have a trimmed/stock version of your testing 5 rom? Also what about the voip portion or was it not included on the verizon rom?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    so i've installed the trimmed WM6 and it seems to work good except for the fact that it lags pretty badly (to the point of being unusable) when i scroll through anything (internet explorer, file explorer, programs list, etc). is there anything i can do about this? i tried soft-reset a few times but it didn't seem to help anything. thanks
    Last edited by strra; 08/16/2008 at 10:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Well, just wanted to let you know that I've ported WM6.1 to the Treo 700wx. Build 20273. So stay posted for updates.
    If I have helped you in any way, and you wish to Donate, you can click here!

Chat Rooms:
    PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
    XDA-Devs: Java or IRC Client
    Quote Originally Posted by lennysh View Post
    Well, just wanted to let you know that I've ported WM6.1 to the Treo 700wx. Build 20273. So stay posted for updates.
    any details ??? trimmed rom, custom, features ???
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    any details ??? trimmed rom, custom, features ???
    Its a kitchen... So it's up to the end-user...

Chat Rooms:
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    /interested
  7.    #1207  
    Where did you port 6.1 from? The files from the 800w would be ideal.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Where did you port 6.1 from? The files from the 800w would be ideal.
    Ported it from the latest HTC Diamond 20273.1.3.3 Build.

Chat Rooms:
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Chat Rooms:
    Nice picture but I won't believe it until I running it on my 700wx. I would make a donation after I have see it with my own eyes. Why don't you provide a link for us beta testers and we can give you feed back on how to improve your rom. Then you can get feedback from many people and produce a better rom.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
    Nice picture but I won't believe it until I running it on my 700wx. I would make a donation after I have see it with my own eyes. Why don't you provide a link for us beta testers and we can give you feed back on how to improve your rom. Then you can get feedback from many people and produce a better rom.
    Well, my friend that was testing that ROM actually doesn't even own the device. It was borrowed from a friend of his just for the purpose of upgrading the ROM on it. Only took me less than 24 hours to make this ROM from scratch. I don't have the device either. So I will definitely need beta testers. Do me a favor, if anybody has been a beta tester before now, especially with this device, shoot me a PM at http://www.htcgeeks.com/ and I'll see about starting up a private beta team there. Once I get the biggest bug's out of the ROM, I'll do a public trial maybe. It seems now that I have a few bugs to fix before the ROM could be a replacement for a good working ROM. So I want to get those fixed first. Cause as it is now, I'm not releasing it till at least one of the bug's I'm having is fixed. And it may be due to using the stock WM5 OEM drivers from Sprints ROM. I need to get a good dump of the Verizon WM6 ROM so I can get the OEM drivers from it. Or anything newer. I want a stock dump because I hate messing with frankenroms that have been "tweaked" by somebody else. That makes it hard to see what actually is needed, and not needed. I will quote my friend though, this ROM is fast! I just need newer drivers I think to fix a bug or two. Maybe if I get those, all my bugs will be fixed, and actually make it worthy of releasing to the public. Not having a device myself, makes it hard for me to test personally. As with any WM5+ device, porting WM6.1 to them is easy. But having the device makes all the difference in the world.

Chat Rooms:
  12.    #1212  
    I need to get a good dump of the Verizon WM6 ROM so I can get the OEM drivers from it. Or anything newer. I want a stock dump because I hate messing with frankenroms that have been "tweaked" by somebody else.
    Word of warning. The Verizon WM6 ROM is a "frankenrom".
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Word of warning. The Verizon WM6 ROM is a "frankenrom".
    Ahh... Well I need a good clean OEM folder for the 700wx that is the most recent. This way I'll be using the newest drivers available.

Chat Rooms:
  14.    #1214  
    Ahh... Well I need a good clean OEM folder for the 700wx that is the most recent. This way I'll be using the newest drivers available.
    I can e-mail you the Verizon ROM if you'd like (unfortunatly at work I don't have access to any file sharing/upload sites ). PM me your e-mail.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I can e-mail you the Verizon ROM if you'd like (unfortunatly at work I don't have access to any file sharing/upload sites ). PM me your e-mail.
    I downloaded the 1.22 Verizon Desktop updater. But the .RUU file is useless to me. Besides, I do not actually personally have this device. A friend of mine does though, at least temporarily. If you have a useful dump of it, then I can link you to my private upload only ftp to use. And since your at work, I doubt you have that file with you now anyways. But I'll PM you the ftp addy if you need it for later on. Just let me know.

Chat Rooms:
  16.    #1216  
    And since your at work, I doubt you have that file with you now anyways.
    I've done my best work at work.

Err.......
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I've done my best work at work.

Err.......
    I can definitely agree with you there. I'm so glad my work proxy does not filter out logmein.

Chat Rooms:
    OK. I'm trying to flash back to WM5 using the VZW updater. I've tried both:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...rd#post1444010
    (I can't find 1.15 in the payloads.xml file anywhere. The updater runs but doesn't actually do anything)

and

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=936
    (I get a message about "Cannot detect USB connection" after it closes ActiveSync)

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyguru View Post

(I can't find 1.15 in the payloads.xml file anywhere. The updater runs but doesn't actually do anything)

and

(I get a message about "Cannot detect USB connection" after it closes ActiveSync)

Any ideas?
    I had the same exact problems myself. I finally just built a stock VZW WM5 ROM into a .nb0 and flashed that. If you would like it, let me know and I can upload it.
  20.    #1220  

Re-read the thread. It's very specific about Verizon....and Verizon has *NOTHING* to do with 1.15. 1.15 is a Sprint version.

Any ideas?
    Grab Landon Epp's Verizonized WM5 ROM linked off the 3rd page, and just flash using the SD card method.

Or grab one of my other WM5 ROM's and replace the Sprint images with Verizon ones.