webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Windows Mobile Devices & Apps > 700w/wx Custom Roms
700w/wx Custom Roms

Old 08/07/2008, 03:34 PM   #1161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
Having the same issues myself. What third party apps are you running? I thought it may be Wisbar Advacned or PhoneAlarm on my end.
I do have Phonealarm installed but according to flipfone it doesn't seem to be due to that...
pdawg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2008, 10:32 PM   #1162 (permalink)

Can anyone tell me what the HA Password should be? I've spent several hours trying to restore the data service on my Treo.

Thanks,

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
Okay, so here's an update on the EVDO/1X/Data/Roaming/etc issue. And hopefully enough information to let you fix it.

Why did this happen?

Apparently Verizon in it's infinate wisdom has to much with things that they shouldn't touch.

If you go into the Network settings under Phone (in the Control Panel) you will hose your connection and be stuck in Digital Roaming.

How do I fix this?

There are two methods to fix. One requires you know your connection info, the other is "easier" but more time consuming. Note that all of this is for Sprint, if someone with Verizon can chime in on the differences, I'll update this.

How to get your connection info
  1. Unzip and copy the extracted GetSPC folder (with all 3 files) to the storage card on your device. http://www.5gmobile.us/mobilefiles/VX6800/GetSPC.zip
  2. Write down the ESN (Hex) number found behind the battery.
  3. Power up and run the 'GetSPC(PPC 2003)' executable on your device.
  4. In the 'Input' field, enter the ESN number you wrote down but be sure to use ALL CAPITOLS for the alpha values. (Ex: 123ABCD4, not 123abcd4)
  5. Hit the 'Go' button. The value in the 'Output' field will be your "Unlock Code". (MSN, write it down.)
  6. If you haven't hosed your connection yet, go to ##DATA# (##3282#) and unlock the screen (with your MSN). Copy all the data from there.
  7. If you have hosed your connection, call Sprint and tell them that you forgot your data username and password, and need your password reset. (The rep I talked to called in the "Triple A Password"). They may walk you through the RTN reset, if they do just grab all the info from them.

Fixing with your connection info
  1. Go to ##RTN# (##786#)
  2. Options (left softkey) --> Reset
  3. Enter in the MSL you have
  4. Phone will reset
  5. WAIT! It took me several minutes (to the point where I started worrying), then it prompted me to reconfigure my phone. This appears to do a hard reset (I had no data on my device so I'm not sure).
  6. Reprovision your phone with ##MSN# where MSN is your MSN (not literally MSN). For example, you might use ##123456#.
  7. Go to ##DATA# and unlock the screen. Enter the connection information.
    Username: Your username (known or from Sprint, this is *WITHOUT* the @sprintpcs.com)
    Password: Your password (known or reset by Sprint)
    HAPassword: secret
    Primary Agent: 68.28.49.76
    Second Agent: 68.28.57.79
    Make sure Automatic is checked
    Tunneling: Reverse
    MIN-HA SPI: 0
    MIN-AAA SPI: 0
  8. Go into your Connections (in the Control Panel) and edit the connection you have. Make sure it has the following settings:

Name: Sprint Provisioning
    Modem: Cellular Line
    Number: #777
    Username: YOURUSERNAME@sprintpcs.com (this is the same as in ##DATA#, but with @sprintpcs.com)
    Triple A Password: Your password (this is the same as in ##DATA#)

Fixing without your connection info
  1. Flash your phone back to WM5 (stock or custom, shouldn't matter as long as it's a good ROM).
  2. Go to ##RTN# (##786#)
  3. Options (left softkey) --> Reset
  4. Enter in the MSL you have
  5. Phone will reset
  6. WAIT! It took me several minutes (to the point where I started worrying), then it prompted me to reconfigure my phone. This appears to do a hard reset (I had no data on my device so I'm not sure).
  7. Reprovision your phone with ##MSN# where MSN is your MSN (not literally MSN). For example, you might use ##123456#.
  8. Go to ##DATA# and unlock the screen. Hit Update. It should prompt you to setup your Vision services.
  9. Go to Connections in the control panel and verify your settings. Once ##DATA# is updated you can steal the information from there.

Hopefully this provides more information and helps some folks out.
kevink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2008, 10:38 PM   #1163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevink View Post
Can anyone tell me what the HA Password should be? I've spent several hours trying to restore the data service on my Treo.

Thanks,

Kevin

yes the sprint customer service rep can help you.
flipfone#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2008, 10:49 PM   #1164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
yes the sprint customer service rep can help you.
The Sprint rep won't tell me what the HA Password is. :-(
Old 08/07/2008, 11:41 PM   #1165 (permalink)

I found out the hard way that not all the below settings are correct for Sprint. I ended up having to revert back to the WM5 ROM provided by Palm/Sprint and then doing the Update Profile thing.

Here are the settings that work for me:

User Name: xxxxxx@sprintpcs.com (It turns out that one does have to include the @sprintpcs.com part after all)
Password: (your Sprint Vision password)
HA PW: secret (yes, literally enter "secret")
Primary HA: 255.255.255.255
Secondary HA: 68.28.57.76
IP Address: Automatic
MIN-HA SPI: 1234
MIN-AAA SPI: 1234

Hope that helps anyone else avoid several hours of hell trying to get their data service working after mistakenly @!#$@ around with the network settings.

-Kevin

Quote:
Okay, so here's an update on the EVDO/1X/Data/Roaming/etc issue. And hopefully enough information to let you fix it.

Why did this happen?

Apparently Verizon in it's infinate wisdom has to much with things that they shouldn't touch.

If you go into the Network settings under Phone (in the Control Panel) you will hose your connection and be stuck in Digital Roaming.

How do I fix this?

There are two methods to fix. One requires you know your connection info, the other is "easier" but more time consuming. Note that all of this is for Sprint, if someone with Verizon can chime in on the differences, I'll update this.

How to get your connection info
  1. Unzip and copy the extracted GetSPC folder (with all 3 files) to the storage card on your device. http://www.5gmobile.us/mobilefiles/VX6800/GetSPC.zip
  2. Write down the ESN (Hex) number found behind the battery.
  3. Power up and run the 'GetSPC(PPC 2003)' executable on your device.
  4. In the 'Input' field, enter the ESN number you wrote down but be sure to use ALL CAPITOLS for the alpha values. (Ex: 123ABCD4, not 123abcd4)
  5. Hit the 'Go' button. The value in the 'Output' field will be your "Unlock Code". (MSN, write it down.)
  6. If you haven't hosed your connection yet, go to ##DATA# (##3282#) and unlock the screen (with your MSN). Copy all the data from there.
  7. If you have hosed your connection, call Sprint and tell them that you forgot your data username and password, and need your password reset. (The rep I talked to called in the "Triple A Password"). They may walk you through the RTN reset, if they do just grab all the info from them.

Fixing with your connection info
  1. Go to ##RTN# (##786#)
  2. Options (left softkey) --> Reset
  3. Enter in the MSL you have
  4. Phone will reset
  5. WAIT! It took me several minutes (to the point where I started worrying), then it prompted me to reconfigure my phone. This appears to do a hard reset (I had no data on my device so I'm not sure).
  6. Reprovision your phone with ##MSN# where MSN is your MSN (not literally MSN). For example, you might use ##123456#.
  7. Go to ##DATA# and unlock the screen. Enter the connection information.
    Username: Your username (known or from Sprint, this is *WITHOUT* the @sprintpcs.com)
    Password: Your password (known or reset by Sprint)
    HAPassword: secret
    Primary Agent: 68.28.49.76
    Second Agent: 68.28.57.79
    Make sure Automatic is checked
    MIN-HA SPI: 0
    MIN-AAA SPI: 0
  8. Go into your Connections (in the Control Panel) and edit the connection you have. Make sure it has the following settings:

Name: Sprint Provisioning
    Modem: Cellular Line
    Number: #777
    Username: YOURUSERNAME@sprintpcs.com (this is the same as in ##DATA#, but with @sprintpcs.com)
    Triple A Password: Your password (this is the same as in ##DATA#)

Fixing without your connection info
  1. Flash your phone back to WM5 (stock or custom, shouldn't matter as long as it's a good ROM).
  2. Go to ##RTN# (##786#)
  3. Options (left softkey) --> Reset
  4. Enter in the MSL you have
  5. Phone will reset
  6. WAIT! It took me several minutes (to the point where I started worrying), then it prompted me to reconfigure my phone. This appears to do a hard reset (I had no data on my device so I'm not sure).
  7. Reprovision your phone with ##MSN# where MSN is your MSN (not literally MSN). For example, you might use ##123456#.
  8. Go to ##DATA# and unlock the screen. Hit Update. It should prompt you to setup your Vision services.
  9. Go to Connections in the control panel and verify your settings. Once ##DATA# is updated you can steal the information from there.

Hopefully this provides more information and helps some folks out.
Old 08/08/2008, 10:49 AM   #1166 (permalink)

Is there any updates by ebag333 or did he go to 800w..
Old 08/08/2008, 01:25 PM   #1167 (permalink)

he went to the 800w. we are all hoping he finds a cheap o to play with to put the finishing touches on this.
Old 08/08/2008, 08:42 PM   #1168 (permalink)
ceb

I'm a dolt when it comes to making roms, but is there a WM6 testing 5 with the PPT application? Also, the Reader in testing 5 doesn't seem to work - it gives an error when you try to start it.

Charles
ceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2008, 12:57 AM   #1169 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
he went to the 800w. we are all hoping he finds a cheap o to play with to put the finishing touches on this.
Yup, and I'm not allowed to touch the Mrs phone (she has the 700wx now and loves it).

I've been in and out of town the last two weeks dealing with my sister-in-law's wedding.

My ordeal is almost over.....
Ebag333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2008, 05:03 AM   #1170 (permalink)

Quote:
Yup, and I'm not allowed to touch the Mrs phone (she has the 700wx now and loves it).

I've been in and out of town the last two weeks dealing with my sister-in-law's wedding.

hang in there bro.
Old 08/10/2008, 04:09 PM   #1171 (permalink)

Quote:

1. What is the last Rom version that is trimmed down?

2. Will this version work on a Verizon 700wx?

3. Can you reflash back to WM 5 if necessary?

Thanks,

By the way; it's cooler in AZ today. Only 105 today.
aximtreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/11/2008, 01:17 AM   #1172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
1. What is the last Rom version that is trimmed down?

2. Will this version work on a Verizon 700wx?

3. Can you reflash back to WM 5 if necessary?

Thanks,

By the way; it's cooler in AZ today. Only 105 today.
1) Read the first three posts.

2) Read the first three posts.

3) Read the first three posts.

Seriously, everything you asked in is in the first three posts. But the answer to 2 and 3 is "yes".
Old 08/11/2008, 11:51 AM   #1173 (permalink)

Quote:
1) Read the first three posts.

2) Read the first three posts.

3) Read the first three posts.

Seriously, everything you asked in is in the first three posts. But the answer to 2 and 3 is "yes".
Thanks. I mostly Forum surf using my Axim x51v so to read all the post takes time.
aximtreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/11/2008, 07:33 PM   #1174 (permalink)
ceb

...with Powerpoint and Sprite backup installed...

I'm hopeless in trying to make one of these. I tried and screwed up royally - luckily I was able to recover...

Charles
ceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/2008, 07:01 PM   #1175 (permalink)

Did the problem of going into network settings ever get fixed? If not exactly what should I not do to keep me from losing service? I like to change to opendns.

Also, what are the pro's and cons of wm5vs. 6?

Last edited by shadowhawk2020; 08/12/2008 at 07:53 PM.
shadowhawk2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/2008, 09:31 PM   #1176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020 View Post
Did the problem of going into network settings ever get fixed? If not exactly what should I not do to keep me from losing service? I like to change to opendns.

Also, what are the pro's and cons of wm5vs. 6?
the network issue is not gonna change... the only thing to do is leave the settings alone...

the reason to go to WM6 simply put is speed... at least for me my 700wx is much more responsive since updating the rom.
captblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/2008, 10:20 PM   #1177 (permalink)

I have my reminders set up to be a sound plus vibrate plus repeat.

But... only the sound repeats, not the vibrate. Anybody else?

I think the vibrate repeated in WM 5. Now, in WM6 version 5, no repeats of the vibrate. Odd. And NOT a good thing.

Could this possibly be from Treo Alert and not the ROM??
westronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/2008, 11:26 PM   #1178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by westronic View Post
Well, it's a little soon to definitely say it is fixed, but I changed the setting from 2048 to 8196 and that is acting better, so far. The card has not vanished so far today.

Thanks for confirming that the ROM has it at 2048. At least I know I did not unintentionally change the setting by restoring from a backup.
I made the same change and it appeared to fix the problem, however now I am noticing it return. It seems to happen whenever I turn the ringer off using the hardware switch. I don't think it happens every time I disable the ringer, but I do notice it only seems to happen when I use the switch. I have a 2 GB PNY card that never had any problems under WM5 (and yes I know, cheap cards are not the best).
lazyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/13/2008, 10:07 AM   #1179 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by westronic View Post
I have my reminders set up to be a sound plus vibrate plus repeat.

But... only the sound repeats, not the vibrate. Anybody else?

I think the vibrate repeated in WM 5. Now, in WM6 version 5, no repeats of the vibrate. Odd. And NOT a good thing.

Could this possibly be from Treo Alert and not the ROM??
Several people have reported this on the 800w as well. I wonder if it's a 6.0/6.1 thing, or if they're using Treo Alert as well.....

You could always hard reset and see if it happens.
Old 08/13/2008, 10:43 AM   #1180 (permalink)

Quote:
Several people have reported this on the 800w as well. I wonder if it's a 6.0/6.1 thing, or if they're using Treo Alert as well.....

You could always hard reset and see if it happens.
Yes, well...

I have tweaked the Treo Alert settings so they now manage this properly. I was letting the WM control panel setting manage this, but now I just let Treo Alert handle it.
westronic is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0