Page 57 of 104 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2070
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Ebag. Thanks for the ROM. Working great on my Verizon 700wx. Only issue I am having is that there is no sound on receipt of an MMS. I added a key under HKCU/ControlPanel/Notifications and set it to Messaging: New MMS so it shows up under Sounds and Notifications but it still doesn't work no matter what you set it to. Could someone else possibly look at their registry to see what's in there for MMS? I may not have the right GUID for the key.

Cheers. =)
    Hi,

Does anyone know how to force a WM5 downgrade on VZW? I have an issue with my phone ("A" button doesnt work). I dont really want to send it back with WM6 on it (paranoid maybe)?

I followed these instructions:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...rd#post1444010

But the updater says invalid parameter & fails.

I remember with the VZW update & the failures, it was easy (but I cant remember or find it now) to change the version number to trick the updater to forcing the upgrade.

Any ideas?

Edit,the update runs & says its sucessful but it doesnt actually change any files

Thanks,
    Rich

EDIT 2: Duh, using one of the wm5 trimmed roms.... (slaps head)
    Last edited by RichTJ99; 07/28/2008 at 08:47 PM.
    Sorry to bring up an old problem, but for those using testing 5 ROM on their Sprint700wx are you still unable to text from contacts as we could with WM5, and if you can text directly (without having to manually enter the phone number for texting) from contacts, how did you fix it? Another question is where would one look in the ROM to try and fix this issue? Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Any wizards want to see if the 800w voice dialing cab can be deconstructed and applied to the 700wx 6.0/6.1 custom roms?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...oth/index.html

It would finally put to rest the question of whether voice dialing failure on the 700wx is a hardware issue or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Any wizards want to see if the 800w voice dialing cab can be deconstructed and applied to the 700wx 6.0/6.1 custom roms?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...oth/index.html

It would finally put to rest the question of whether voice dialing failure on the 700wx is a hardware issue or not.
    I was able to get it to install, but it breaks a lot of things. VoiceCommand dies. Volume up/down buttons act like up down on the d-pad. Touch screen does not function. Guess it's a hardware issue after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I was able to get it to install, but it breaks a lot of things. VoiceCommand dies. Volume up/down buttons act like up down on the d-pad. Touch screen does not function. Guess it's a hardware issue after all.
    Wow... LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Wow, thanks nightraven. I figured the "not for this ROM" was bypass-able; bummer that it breaks so many things. I saw the btagext.dll in the cab and got excited.
  8.    #1128  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    ROM 5.

Card is a 2GB sq1 card that has always worked reliably until ROM 5, and now it works fine with the registry change in place.
    SQ1 is the brand?

Never heard of them. *shrug*

Considering you can get a 4 gig SDHC Sandisk for about $30 (including shipping), it's cheap enough that I wouldn't buy anything other than Sandisk. Sure you can get 4 gig for half that price....but why save $15 and get a card that causes problems?

Anyway, glad the registry change worked for you. But that does further strengthen my theory on the problem being more of cheap cards and less of the custom ROM's.
    FYI i'm using testing 2 and my settings are 2048, I don't think I changed those values myself. I had my SD card vanish once when I was doing all my installs after flashing, hasn't happened since. That said, I don't install anything on my SD card so I rarely use it. My card is an OCZ "high speed 150x" at 4GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    SQ1 is the brand?

Never heard of them. *shrug*

Considering you can get a 4 gig SDHC Sandisk for about $30 (including shipping), it's cheap enough that I wouldn't buy anything other than Sandisk. Sure you can get 4 gig for half that price....but why save $15 and get a card that causes problems?

Anyway, glad the registry change worked for you. But that does further strengthen my theory on the problem being more of cheap cards and less of the custom ROM's.
    how about Patriot or Transcend at 12$ plus 10$ shipping? http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecdm/cate...=155438531&p=2
  11.    #1131  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    how about Patriot or Transcend at 12$ plus 10$ shipping? http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecdm/cate...=155438531&p=2
    Neither are what I'd consider "cheap" brands. But both have had more issues than any of my SanDisk cards.

But, in my mind, why save a whopping $6-$8 over what's very much the premium card?

I could understand getting say an 8 gig card for $25 instead of $50. That's a value saving that makes sense. But saving $5-$10?

I guess maybe to some people $5 is worth having to soft reset 2-3 times a day. It's not to me.
    ok thank you for your thoughts. you make a good point.
    I paid $28 out the door for a MicroCenter 8GB SDHC card and I have never lost the card or had to do a reset because of it.
  14.    #1134  
    Cheap SD cards won't always have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Cheap SD cards won't always have problems.
    I agree with you that cheaper isnot always better, but the reciprical is not always true either. More expensive is not always higher quality. Take for example my last two cars. My first was a Volvo which was expensive to buy and maintenance hog with all of the parts being expensive. My current car is a Honda which was much cheaper (and yes I know it doesnot have the luxury items, but it is much cheaper to maintain. And by maintenance I mean regular oil changes.

All of that being said, I was just trying to throw out a cheap alternative that does seem to work well. At least for me. Insert standard disclaimers here.
  16.    #1136  
    I agree, and research and smart shopping is the way to go.

Unfortunatly there's little to no documentation/research on the actual quality of SD cards. And given the issues I've seen with cheap ones (losing the card, or even going bad in the middle of a flash) I'm going to err on the side of caution.

Especially when that costs me an extra $10.

If we're talking a $50+ difference, then that's an entirely different thing.

Besides, I've heard multiple stories testifying to SanDisk's customer service and quality. Including an SD card that spent 5 days in the ocean exposed to the elements, washed up on the beach...and was recoverable. (Granted in SanDisk's lab, but still!)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmoser View Post
    Sorry to bring up an old problem, but for those using testing 5 ROM on their Sprint700wx are you still unable to text from contacts as we could with WM5, and if you can text directly (without having to manually enter the phone number for texting) from contacts, how did you fix it? Another question is where would one look in the ROM to try and fix this issue? Thanks in advance.
    Install the Palm Threaded SMS application that had been ripped off of a 750 wm6 rom found in the other thread sticked in 700wx and sending SMS from the contact screen works flawlessly. It should also be noted that you dont have to do any of the other steps to install it as shown in the documentation. In wm6 you just run the cab file, restart the phone, and you're done.
    Thank You ! I will give it a try and give feedback.
    So, WM6_threaded.zip is a one click item for the WM6 700wx?
    Ya, but you cant uninstall it if you hate it, so be ready to do a hard reset -- though i havent met anybody that hated. It's threaded SMS, who wouldn't love it?