Page 56 of 104 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2070
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    You are correct... I've been suffering for almost a week... Per the Mail2Web support team:
    Eyoo E---Bag. Is there any testing of the wm 6.1 as of yet?

The threaded sms I have is the coder's one. Is there any that list the person's name and time instead of just the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    Unchecking SSL seems to solve the problem for now...
    Yes, but as you are warned when doing so it is HIGHLY unsecure.

I just pinged the support staff again today for current status.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I am having several programs locking up or the certificate not being found, but after reset it is working, kinda aggrevating, I think I am going to get a mogul anyway
    Well, I've joined the crowd of those losing the SD Card from time-to-time.

Has anyone found a way to bring it back short of a soft reset? I don't mind it disappearing so much if i could just bring it back - right after figuring that out, we could probably have a script to recover/wake-up the card for those with this issue.

The card has been reliable up to now.

For now, I'll live with it. I am hopeful this problem will vanish when (if) we get to take a stab at the WM 6.1 ROM from the 800W. Wishful thinking, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post

Has anyone found a way to bring it back short of a soft reset? I don't mind it disappearing so much if i could just bring it back - right after figuring that out, we could probably have a script to recover/wake-up the card for those with this issue.

For now, I'll live with it. I am hopeful this problem will vanish when (if) we get to take a stab at the WM 6.1 ROM from the 800W. Wishful thinking, maybe.
    I don't know what is going on for you guys. I have never had a single issue losing my card when I build my own custom ROM's. I have used a PNY 2GB SD, a Lexar 4GB SDHC, and now a MicroCenter branded 8GB SDHC card. Never had a single issue and do not have Jasjammings SD card fix applied either. Wierd.
    I know this was asked before but what does the spc app do in wm6 testing 5?

Hmmm, I just noticed that in my Registry:

I had

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager]
    "PNPUnloadDelay" = dword:2048
    "PNPWaitIODelay" = dword:2048

vs.

"PNPUnloadDelay" = dword:8196
    "PNPWaitIODelay" = dword:8196

That may make the difference. This easily could be because I restored from a backup when switching from ROM 2 to ROM 5. (yes, I know, I am really taking my chances doing that )
    Quote Originally Posted by mbritt80 View Post
    I know this was asked before but what does the spc app do in wm6 testing 5?
    when u run it you put in your serial number it gives you your msl. very handy for a reprovision
    Hmmm, I just noticed that in my Registry:

I had

"PNPUnloadDelay" = dword:2048
    "PNPWaitIODelay" = dword:2048

vs.

"PNPUnloadDelay" = dword:8196
    "PNPWaitIODelay" = dword:8196

That may make the difference. This easily could be because I restored from a backup when switching from ROM 2 to ROM 5. (yes, I know, I am really taking my chances doing that )

So far, so good. I had a LOT of troubles with this yesterday, but today seems fine after the registry change.

BTW: Is this change in ROM 5? I am just wondering if my restoring from a backup clobbered it.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    So far, so good. I had a LOT of troubles with this yesterday, but today seems fine after the registry change.

BTW: Is this change in ROM 5? I am just wondering if my restoring from a backup clobbered it.
    It's not clear to me which one gave you a problem and which one fixed it...version 5 for me shows the 2048 setting...
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    It's not clear to me which one gave you a problem and which one fixed it...version 5 for me shows the 2048 setting...
    Well, it's a little soon to definitely say it is fixed, but I changed the setting from 2048 to 8196 and that is acting better, so far. The card has not vanished so far today.

Thanks for confirming that the ROM has it at 2048. At least I know I did not unintentionally change the setting by restoring from a backup.
  12. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Testing 5 includes Astraware's Sudoku. I have that program on my Palm and think that it works much better than most others out there - but - the version in testing 5 tells me that It is made for different hardware.

How do I fix this?
    Cheers

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    Testing 5 includes Astraware's Sudoku. I have that program on my Palm and think that it works much better than most others out there - but - the version in testing 5 tells me that It is made for different hardware.

How do I fix this?
    You have to use the 'Version Switcher' before running Sudoku in order to trick Sudoku into believing you're running the 1.22 VZW ROM.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  14. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    You have to use the 'Version Switcher' before running Sudoku in order to trick Sudoku into believing you're running the 1.22 VZW ROM.
    ...damn, I feel like a noob....

Thanks
    Cheers

Charles
  15.    #1115  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    ...damn, I feel like a noob....

Thanks
    If I was *REALLY* good I'd make the launcher for Sudoku do it for you (relatively easy).

Dang I'm lazy since I got my 800w.
    Well, it's a little soon to definitely say it is fixed, but I changed the setting from 2048 to 8196 and that is acting better, so far. The card has not vanished so far today.

Thanks for confirming that the ROM has it at 2048. At least I know I did not unintentionally change the setting by restoring from a backup.
    UPDATE:

It appears my victory over the vanishing SD Card is complete. I have had no more problems since the registry setting change.
  17.    #1117  
    UPDATE:

It appears my victory over the vanishing SD Card is complete. I have had no more problems since the registry setting change.
    Which ROM, and what brand of card do you have?
    Geez-O-Pete! A body doesn't check this forum regular and look what happens!

I think the last time I checked this forum, Hannip (I think?) was working on the Bluetooth issues...

I just happened to check Sprint's website right after they released the 800w and, of course checked TreoCentral for reviews and accessories. Don't you know 2 hours later Sprint called - my contract has expired - and they tempted me with the new Treo! Well I declined for the time being because of lack of available accessories. I happened to have some spare time and checked this forum and ran across THIS thread! I guess I may not have to upgrade anytime soon!

GOOD JOB and THANKS Ebag! I'm running your WM6 testing 5 and so far have no issues! I especially like the "Kitchen" tools - I enjoy the tinkering aspect and will, when I have some spare time, see about building a custom ROM of my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by @Work View Post
    GOOD JOB and THANKS Ebag! I'm running your WM6 testing 5 and so far have no issues! I especially like the "Kitchen" tools - I enjoy the tinkering aspect and will, when I have some spare time, see about building a custom ROM of my own.
    Giveyourself plenty of time. I started building my custom ROM about 2 weeks ago and am still trying to work a couple of final issues out. I have most of what I want, but there was ALOT of trial and error. Good luck and if you have any questions, you can hit me up.

I do plan to do a write-up on what I have done and some lessons learned and possibly even my ROM, but I am not sure. It is VERY custom for my needs and wants. Hence the custom ROM. That is the great part though. The ability to make these CUSTOM!

I have my current ROM set to where I do a hard reset, that MOST of my settings are included, some registry tweaks, my e-mail accounts and settings, and my PIE favorites and settings.

I do have support for 8GB SDHC cards installed and working on my ROM. I also tried to build in some third party apps, but failed miserably. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Which ROM, and what brand of card do you have?

ROM 5.

Card is a 2GB sq1 card that has always worked reliably until ROM 5, and now it works fine with the registry change in place.