Page 55 of 104 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2070
    Anyone got voice announcements working on a BT headset with these roms? I know voice control doesn't work because Palm bollocksed the phone, but I have heard some people hint that they have voice notifications for inbound calls working through the BT headset.

I can activate VC from my headset button, and I can hear out-of-call notifications including speech when I have A2DP activated with my Jabra 8040, but as soon as a call comes in and the phone switches to 'hands-free' mode, I cannot seem to get speech notifications to work through the headset, no "Wifey calling on mobile" type thingies.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabdelkader View Post
    It is viewable on the device. It says checking the SDcard. it should be fat32. I don't have a card reader near by to check the file system type of the card. I am writing through Active sync
    I think the best way to get the ROM on the SD card is to use a reader and not to use acitve sync. i think somethig happens in the file conversion proccess.
    i recently upgraded my palm treo 700wx about two days ago, and all of the sudden my phone lost service.. Im thinking it was because of the WM6 ROM upgrade, if there is [U]anyone[U] who has the WM5 ROM please notify me asap........
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    This is awesome. So with this and a dump of the 800w, is it possible to port the 800w over to the 700wx? I am most interested in the 320x320 resolution. Any input?
    Not going to happen. As I understand it, the hardware is 240x240. No driver will change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by vistahater21 View Post
    i recently upgraded my palm treo 700wx about two days ago, and all of the sudden my phone lost service.. Im thinking it was because of the WM6 ROM upgrade, if there is [U]anyone[U] who has the WM5 ROM please notify me asap........
    First post explains how to do this. You get the ROM files you need straight from Palm.
    Last edited by westronic; 07/24/2008 at 11:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Not going to happen. As I understand it, the hardware is 240x240. No driver will change that.
    Then how does Virtual Display work?
  7.    #1087  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Assuming that my 800w comes quickly and works well I could probably loan out my 700wx to Ebag if he wants/needs it. However, it would not be activated.

Let me know, Ebag.
    Activation isn't so much an issue for me. Worst case scenario I could clone my ESN and "activate" it that way (if I needed to test the radio for something).

I'm also going to watch fleabay and see if I can find a 700wx cheap. Not like I care if it has a blacklisted ESN.

Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    Then how does Virtual Display work?

Virtually?

It simulates 320x320. Basically fakes the width, but it still is only 240 pixels wide, so you're missing 80 pixels.

If you held a 700wx simulating 320x320 and an 800w side by side, you'd see the difference rather quickly.
    Well... Format /does/ sound like the problem and without a card reader on a PC you can't check format or reformat the card. You may have to wait until you are near a card reader.

As an extra tidbit, FAT would be viewable on the device but would not work for the ROM burn.
    It worked. I used Resco to format it.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by vistahater21 View Post
    The rom with the SD updater at the PALM website has the wm5.1 rom on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Virtually?

It simulates 320x320. Basically fakes the width, but it still is only 240 pixels wide, so you're missing 80 pixels.

If you held a 700wx simulating 320x320 and an 800w side by side, you'd see the difference rather quickly.
    I was waiting for that. Damn. I need to have Virtual Display for one piece of software that I use from time to time. I was hoping that I could get away from that. I guess not.

I did try 320x320 on my 700wx and it looks like poo.
    ok i have read alot of this discussion and still am confused as to which rom i should use for my verizon 700wx. i have a few downloaded and havent tried to instal any. any help would be great thanks
    Activation isn't so much an issue for me. Worst case scenario I could clone my ESN and "activate" it that way (if I needed to test the radio for something).

I'm also going to watch fleabay and see if I can find a 700wx cheap. Not like I care if it has a blacklisted ESN.

Virtually?

Ebag, what is the difference really with the testing 5 rom. I put it on last night and noticed that office is condensed. Is there anything else materially different?
  13.    #1093  
    Quote Originally Posted by fabdelkader View Post
    Ebag, what is the difference really with the testing 5 rom. I put it on last night and noticed that office is condensed. Is there anything else materially different?
    It's prettier than Testing 2.

A few little changes. Nothing major. Mostly it fixes some of the more annoying things with Testing 2 (annoying to me ).
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Anyone having trouble syncing with mail2web right now? I'm using version 5 but just wanting to be of what is causing it first...activesync says "connected" but if I try to sync with the server it just sits there trying to sync until I stop it...
    mine started that 2 days ago. i wasnt syncing my email. i hard reset and it did the connected thing but seemed to do nothing. i flashed and it started working properly. tried a hard reset again cause the BT was dropping out. now its just connected again. but i logged into mail2web and i see my contacts are doubling up again so i assume its doing something. im beggining to believe its on mail2webs side because the last time this happened i emailed them never got a reply but i magically started working the next day. also the 2 arrows running in a circle (AS) are up there spinnning since last night. last i looked i had 500+ contacts 26 pages (on mail2web) now its like 48 pages....
    BTW im running wm6testing5
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    That's exactly what mine is doing...maybe I'll try emailing them when I have a sec...
  17.    #1097  
    People have reported issues with Mail2web in the 800w forum.

I suspect it's not a custom ROM issue at all.

Dah dah dah!
    People have reported issues with Mail2web in the 800w forum.

I suspect it's not a custom ROM issue at all.

Dah dah dah!
    You are correct... I've been suffering for almost a week... Per the Mail2Web support team:

Greetings,

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, we are aware of the SSL issue and are working with Microsoft to fix the intermittent downtimes we are experiencing. For now we recommend checking your mail from the OWA and attempting to connect with SSL.
    If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our 24/7 support team at support@mail2web.com.

Thank you for using mail2web.com.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    You are correct... I've been suffering for almost a week... Per the Mail2Web support team:
    Thank you. I knew it had to be them. Its ok i setup another account at live.com. downloaded Live and now forwarded my emails there as well so i can sync up and have them popped thru there. I used to use Tandem computers to i am used to avoiding single point failures. lol
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Unchecking SSL seems to solve the problem for now...