Page 54 of 104 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2070
    Updating to Testing 5 now. Thanks for the continued work on this, looking forward to not losing my SD card so often (fingers crossed).

Tangent: Anyone know how to automatically launch Internet Sharing on sync? I have a cradle in my car attached to a car-pc which uses the phone's internet connection when I'm on the road, but I have to manually start internet sharing on the phone when I plug it into the cradle.

Be nice to be able to just snap it in and have it activate ICS.

Any ideas?

Oh, also, any news on voice commands through bluetooth working yet, or will we be waiting for WM7 when Microsoft finally works it out???

Joel
    Quote Originally Posted by griffindodd View Post
    ...Oh, also, any news on voice commands through bluetooth working yet, or will we be waiting for WM7 when Microsoft finally works it out???

Joel
    That's either a driver or a hardware limitation on the 700WX and so will likely never work properly on this device. There is, I suppose, a (very) small chance it might work with a different driver, but more likely that would just break Bluetooth all together.
    Yup it's still useless - thanks Palm.

___ EDITED ____ bluetooth icons working fine

Joel
    Last edited by griffindodd; 07/22/2008 at 09:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    That's either a driver or a hardware limitation on the 700WX and so will likely never work properly on this device. There is, I suppose, a (very) small chance it might work with a different driver, but more likely that would just break Bluetooth all together.
    It must be a driver issue. Voice commands over bluetooth used to work for me under WM5.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyguru View Post
    It must be a driver issue. Voice commands over bluetooth used to work for me under WM5.
    Interesting...never worked for me with two different headsets...
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Anyone have a ~5 second delay when trying to unlock the device/input commands after waking it up? Sometimes it responds quickly but other times after I "wake up" my 700wx it does not respond to key input for a few seconds...overclocking with xcpuscalar does not seem to make a difference...I'm wondering if it is a software issue with the custom rom...for anyone with this issue could you post your installed software? I'm using version 5 btw...all software is newest version...

Pocketbreeze
    iLauncher
    Newsbreak
    Activesync (mail2web account)
    Phonealarm
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    No one has ever been able to press the multi-function button on the bluetooth headset and issue commands into the headset to initiate voice dialing. Some people said it was working because they mistakenly tried it with the Treo sitting in front of them (where the Treo microphone picked up their voice) or they did not completely understand what people meant by "voice command over bluetooth", thinking that just because the headset could be used to answer a call, etc., that "voice command" worked over bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    No one has ever been able to press the multi-function button on the bluetooth headset and issue commands into the headset to initiate voice dialing. Some people said it was working because they mistakenly tried it with the Treo sitting in front of them (where the Treo microphone picked up their voice) or they did not completely understand what people meant by "voice command over bluetooth", thinking that just because the headset could be used to answer a call, etc., that "voice command" worked over bluetooth.
    Nope, it worked for me without the headset being in front of me. I paid for the upgrade to Microsoft Voice Command and it worked perfectly.

Microsoft Voice Command 1.6 - Pocket PC US Version (Handango) Right now the upgrade version is the same price as the full version, but when I bought it the upgrade was only $9.99
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    Anyone have a ~5 second delay when trying to unlock the device/input commands after waking it up? Sometimes it responds quickly but other times after I "wake up" my 700wx it does not respond to key input for a few seconds...overclocking with xcpuscalar does not seem to make a difference...I'm wondering if it is a software issue with the custom rom...for anyone with this issue could you post your installed software? I'm using version 5 btw...all software is newest version...

Pocketbreeze
    iLauncher
    Newsbreak
    Activesync (mail2web account)
    Phonealarm
    I've seen this before even with the original WM5 rom (and the testing 5 rom). I've never used any of the software you listed (other than activesync) so I don't think it is any of them.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I've seen this before even with the original WM5 rom (and the testing 5 rom). I've never used any of the software you listed (other than activesync) so I don't think it is any of them.
    Definitely worse for me with the custom ROMs...if/when another ROM comes out I'll have to pay closer attention to when it starts...I don't remember it happening on a clean install...
  11.    #1071  
    Nightraven-

That's freaking awesome stuff...well, Ebag - ask and you shall receive as well
    Well not having a 700wx anymore (my wife doesn't like me touching it, she's afraid I'll break it....I can't imagine why....) puts me at a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by mllrtm View Post
    I bout a 700w for Verizon, can i flash ebags WM6 rom to it or no? I have had no luck following the instructions...

HELP PLEASE...
    Read the first three posts.

Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Here are the extracted XIPs from both the 700wx and the 800w.
    Very nice! I'm going to have to harass you later and figure out how you got them extracted.

Now the real question is....can you write to the XIP to put it back?

Anyone have a ~5 second delay when trying to unlock the device/input commands after waking it up?

Remember that WM6 is a much bigger resource hog than WM5.

Do you have a CPU Scalar running?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Very nice! I'm going to have to harass you later and figure out how you got them extracted.

Now the real question is....can you write to the XIP to put it back?
    I used dumprom. The command is "dumprom xip.bin -5 -d XIP". You can write back to the XIP after replacing the modules with newer ones. You can only replace modules with other modules of the same name. Remember to only use the OEMXIPKernel files for the device you want to target the rom for. After replacing the modules, you need to m'reloc them. That way they are writen to the same location as the original XIP. You should be able to write the XIP back into the rom using XIPPort. However, I have not gotten this far yet.
    I used dumprom. The command is "dumprom xip.bin -5 -d XIP". You can write back to the XIP after replacing the modules with newer ones. You can only replace modules with other modules of the same name. Remember to only use the OEMXIPKernel files for the device you want to target the rom for. After replacing the modules, you need to m'reloc them. That way they are writen to the same location as the original XIP. You should be able to write the XIP back into the rom using XIPPort. However, I have not gotten this far yet.
    Ebag, I tried your link for test 5 and the download never starts. http://www.4shared.com/get/55640200/...Testing_5.html.

Additionally, when do you think there will be a wm 6.1 in effect for the treo? Is there a cooked rom available yet for the treo 700wx?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabdelkader View Post
    Ebag, I tried your link for test 5 and the download never starts. http://www.4shared.com/get/55640200/...Testing_5.html.

Additionally, when do you think there will be a wm 6.1 in effect for the treo? Is there a cooked rom available yet for the treo 700wx?
    Odd. Try http://www.mobileroms.com/modules/wf...wcat.php?cid=4 instead.

As for Wm 6.1, I am hopeful now that we have the XIPs from both the 700WX and 800W.

If I knew what I was doing with those I might attempt it. I am hopeful that either Ebag33 or NightRaven will now be able to port over a full WM6.1.

Of course, Ebag33 is now handicapped by not being allowed to play with his (now his wife's) 700WX.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Of course, Ebag33 is now handicapped by not being allowed to play with his (now his wife's) 700WX.
    Assuming that my 800w comes quickly and works well I could probably loan out my 700wx to Ebag if he wants/needs it. However, it would not be activated.

Let me know, Ebag.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Assuming that my 800w comes quickly and works well I could probably loan out my 700wx to Ebag if he wants/needs it. However, it would not be activated.

Let me know, Ebag.
    Ok I got it to download, had to let it sit a little lol.

The problem is the rom updater and click test rom update it sits on "Checking SD card...". The screen just sits there with this new image.

I tried Using the test 5 nb0 file and when i click update the updater says checking .

Am I doing something wrong? Did anyone get this file right?
    Ok I got it to download, had to let it sit a little lol.

The problem is the rom updater and click test rom update it sits on "Checking SD card...". The screen just sits there with this new image.

I tried Using the test 5 nb0 file and when i click update the updater says checking .

Am I doing something wrong? Did anyone get this file right?
    Make sure you've formatted your SD card correctly, FAT32 iirc.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Make sure you've formatted your SD card correctly, FAT32 iirc.
    It is viewable on the device. It says checking the SDcard. it should be fat32. I don't have a card reader near by to check the file system type of the card. I am writing through Active sync
    It is viewable on the device. It says checking the SDcard. it should be fat32. I don't have a card reader near by to check the file system type of the card. I am writing through Active sync
    Well... Format /does/ sound like the problem and without a card reader on a PC you can't check format or reformat the card. You may have to wait until you are near a card reader.

As an extra tidbit, FAT would be viewable on the device but would not work for the ROM burn.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Here are the extracted XIPs from both the 700wx and the 800w.

700wx XIP Break Down (WM6):

OEMXIPKernel: Drivers for 700wx - REPLACING THESE FILES WILL RESULT IN A NON-BOOTABLE ROM ON THE 700WX!
    • 69709d9e-1cc7-1afe-8464-32899c1379e9.dsm
    • 69709d9e-1cc7-1afe-8464-32899c1379e9.rgu
    • boot.hv
    • boot.rgu
    • cecompr.dll
    • ceddk.dll
    • fatutil_palm.dll
    • FLASHDRV.dll
    • msflash.dll
    • nk.exe

MSXIPKernel:
    • 723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.dsm
    • 723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.rgu
    • busenum.dll
    • cachefilt.dll
    • certmod.dll
    • coredll.dll
    • crypt32.dll
    • device.exe
    • devmgr.dll
    • diskcache.dll
    • encfilt.dll
    • fatfsd.dll
    • fatutil.dll
    • filesys.exe
    • fsdmgr.dll
    • fsreplxfilt.dll
    • hd.dll
    • imgfs.dll
    • mspart.dll
    • mxip_lang.vol
    • osaxst0.dll
    • pm.dll
    • regenum.dll
    • sysroots.p7b

MSXIPKernelLTK:
    • d92a4f0a-378a-4482-8fd3-bd127a05e4de.dsm

LangDB:
    • 0e61e739-f727-afb6-1980-727b5038539b.dsm

800w XIP Break Down (WM6.1):

WinCENLS_WWE:
    • 3346da5d-3675-4a67-925e-75f623184bda.dsm
    • wince.nls

OEMXIPKernel: Drivers for 800w - REPLACING THESE FILES WILL RESULT IN A NON-BOOTABLE ROM ON THE 800W!
    • 3e0d7892-2430-2000-8bc6-31f8204cd101.dsm
    • boot.hv
    • boot.rgu
    • bus.dll
    • cecompr.dll
    • ceddk.dll
    • kd.dll
    • nand.dll
    • nk.exe
    • osaxst1.dll

MSXIPKernel:
    • 723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.dsm
    • 723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.rgu
    • boot_ms.rgu
    • busenum.dll
    • cachefilt.dll
    • certmod.dll
    • coredll.dll
    • crypt32.dll
    • device.exe
    • devmgr.dll
    • diskcache.dll
    • fatfsd.dll
    • fatutil.dll
    • filesys.exe
    • fsdmgr.dll
    • fsreplxfilt.dll
    • hd.dll
    • imgfs.dll
    • initvmmap.exe
    • mencfilt.dll
    • mspart.dll
    • mxip_lang.vol
    • osaxst0.dll
    • pm.dll
    • regenum.dll
    • sysroots.p7b

LangDB:
    • b837382d-7920-8a24-925d-b929343a4138.dsm

MSXIPKernelLTK:
    • d92a4f0a-378a-4482-8fd3-bd127a05e4de.dsm
    This is awesome. So with this and a dump of the 800w, is it possible to port the 800w over to the 700wx? I am most interested in the 320x320 resolution. Any input?