Page 53 of 104 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2070
    Quote Originally Posted by mbritt80 View Post
    i have a new issue, all my oem ring tones are located in the windows directory but can't be added to the list for notifications. I got a few to work because they are labeled as wav files. i actually don't want them but a friend of mine does and I am at a loss as to what else to try. Me and him are using the testing 2 rom. Any ideas?
    Try the testing 5 rom as that is the latest rom.

Also, you could copy them to \Windows\Rings and they should show up.
    Downloaded wm6 stripped ROM everything was working great. Then suddenly out of no where i lost service and it hasn't come back

Any ideas
    call your cell provider, they can help you
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyguru View Post
    Try the testing 5 rom as that is the latest rom.

Also, you could copy them to \Windows\Rings and they should show up.
    i've tried it and had issues, i'm gonna try it again this afternoon after work
  5.    #1045  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPapaGato View Post
    Downloaded wm6 stripped ROM everything was working great. Then suddenly out of no where i lost service and it hasn't come back

Any ideas
    Did you change the network settings under "phone" in the control panel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Did you change the network settings under "phone" in the control panel?
    actually i was able to fix it.. but now i can't connect to the internet...

i can't remember what the network settings are but they seem different it still dialing #777

should there be a username and password there?

I can't remember
    I had a friend who was having problems with his Tro 700wx connecting to data. I saw this post on WM 6.0 and figured we would give it a try. After the upgrade everything seems to work but I still can't get data to work on his phone.

When I try and open up PIE I get the poopup saying it is dialing #777 and then after a minute it comes up and says the following.

Cannot Connect
    Dialed:#777
    Cannot connect for an unknown reason.

I know people have had issues when they tried to modify their network settings but I have not made any changes.

Any idea what could be causing this?
    ok just tried the testing 5 1 more time and the mail2web worked after resetting and trying to sync several times, but hey it worked. Thanks ebag
  9.    #1049  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPapaGato View Post
    actually i was able to fix it.. but now i can't connect to the internet...

i can't remember what the network settings are but they seem different it still dialing #777

should there be a username and password there?

I can't remember
    Quote Originally Posted by fowen View Post
    I had a friend who was having problems with his Tro 700wx connecting to data. I saw this post on WM 6.0 and figured we would give it a try. After the upgrade everything seems to work but I still can't get data to work on his phone.

When I try and open up PIE I get the poopup saying it is dialing #777 and then after a minute it comes up and says the following.

Cannot Connect
    Dialed:#777
    Cannot connect for an unknown reason.

I know people have had issues when they tried to modify their network settings but I have not made any changes.

Any idea what could be causing this?
    There are two places for data information.

One is in the Connection settings screen. The other is under ##DATA#. You will most likely need to reflash back to WM5, reprovision the phone, make sure the information in the Connection settings screen is correct, make sure the information in the ##DATA# screen is correct, then hit "Update Profile". This will provision your phone for data use.

Once you've done that, you can reflash back to WM6.
    There are two places for data information.

One is in the Connection settings screen. The other is under ##DATA#. You will most likely need to reflash back to WM5, reprovision the phone, make sure the information in the Connection settings screen is correct, make sure the information in the ##DATA# screen is correct, then hit "Update Profile". This will provision your phone for data use.

Once you've done that, you can reflash back to WM6.
    I thought this was just an issue with Sprint phones? Verizon isn't affected, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by fleiscpj View Post
    I thought this was just an issue with Sprint phones? Verizon isn't affected, correct?
    I don't seem to have any issues with it. I have been playing with the Network settings in Control Panel on my phone all day and am still able to make calls and get data. I am NOT in Digital Roam or anything. Works as it should.

INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMERS HERE!
  12.    #1052  
    Quote Originally Posted by fleiscpj View Post
    Some (few) people with Verizon have reported problems after messing with the phone connection settings.

I suspect it has to do with being in a "true" Verizon area, or if you're in an area using 3rd party towers.
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    I don't seem to have any issues with it. I have been playing with the Network settings in Control Panel on my phone all day and am still able to make calls and get data. I am NOT in Digital Roam or anything. Works as it should.

INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMERS HERE!
    On Verizon, concur!
    Some (few) people with Verizon have reported problems after messing with the phone connection settings.

I suspect it has to do with being in a "true" Verizon area, or if you're in an area using 3rd party towers.
    I had this problem the other day. I called sprint and told them that I wasn't connected to their network with my phone and they walked me through the reprovisioning. It got my phone back online and I was using testing 2 wm6
    Hey all,
    New here. Ebag you could have a business alone of doing this for people and charging. Hell I'd pay. My question is will 6.1 be coming out soon? I just bought a VZW 700wx and can't wait to try this. Hope I don't brick my phone though.

Also I know i'm new but I thought I saw the step by step for the 6 trimmed but now i can't find it. Will someone please point me in the right direction. Thank you.
    Last edited by swtwc; 07/22/2008 at 03:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by swtwc View Post
    Hey all,
    New here. Ebag you could have a business alone of doing this for people and charging. Hell I'd pay. My question is will 6.1 be coming out soon? I just bought a VZW 700wx and can't wait to try this. Hope I don't brick my phone though.

Also I know i'm new but I thought I saw the step by step for the 6 trimmed but now i can't find it. Will someone please point me in the right direction. Thank you.
    everything you need is in the 1st 3 posts. since your on verizon you will want to delete the firmware file. but just goto the first posts read them 2 or 3 times then if you have questions let us know.

and welcome
  17.    #1057  
    Ebag you could have a business alone of doing this for people and charging. Hell I'd pay.
    Cost of phone + shipping + waiting = too much for most people.

I could certainly do so and MIGHT be willing if people want to send me their phone. But it's a pretty simple process.

The other problem is what happens if the phone bricks while I'm doing it. Hmm...no thanks, too much liability.

My question is will 6.1 be coming out soon?
    That I'm not sure on. I haven't had much luck working with the XIP on the 700wx. I'm not sure how NightRaven's done either.

If we can't get the XIP extracted, then most likely no.

I *MAY* be able to back port some files, but that's up in the air.
    I haven't had much luck working with the XIP on the 700wx. I'm not sure how NightRaven's done either.

If we can't get the XIP extracted, then most likely no.

I *MAY* be able to back port some files, but that's up in the air.

Here are the extracted XIPs from both the 700wx and the 800w.

700wx XIP Break Down (WM6):

OEMXIPKernel: Drivers for 700wx - REPLACING THESE FILES WILL RESULT IN A NON-BOOTABLE ROM ON THE 700WX!
    • 69709d9e-1cc7-1afe-8464-32899c1379e9.dsm
    • 69709d9e-1cc7-1afe-8464-32899c1379e9.rgu
    • boot.hv
    • boot.rgu
    • cecompr.dll
    • ceddk.dll
    • fatutil_palm.dll
    • FLASHDRV.dll
    • msflash.dll
    • nk.exe

MSXIPKernel:
    • 723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.dsm
    • 723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.rgu
    • busenum.dll
    • cachefilt.dll
    • certmod.dll
    • coredll.dll
    • crypt32.dll
    • device.exe
    • devmgr.dll
    • diskcache.dll
    • encfilt.dll
    • fatfsd.dll
    • fatutil.dll
    • filesys.exe
    • fsdmgr.dll
    • fsreplxfilt.dll
    • hd.dll
    • imgfs.dll
    • mspart.dll
    • mxip_lang.vol
    • osaxst0.dll
    • pm.dll
    • regenum.dll
    • sysroots.p7b

MSXIPKernelLTK:
    • d92a4f0a-378a-4482-8fd3-bd127a05e4de.dsm

LangDB:
    • 0e61e739-f727-afb6-1980-727b5038539b.dsm

800w XIP Break Down (WM6.1):

WinCENLS_WWE:
    • 3346da5d-3675-4a67-925e-75f623184bda.dsm
    • wince.nls

OEMXIPKernel: Drivers for 800w - REPLACING THESE FILES WILL RESULT IN A NON-BOOTABLE ROM ON THE 800W!
    • 3e0d7892-2430-2000-8bc6-31f8204cd101.dsm
    • boot.hv
    • boot.rgu
    • bus.dll
    • cecompr.dll
    • ceddk.dll
    • kd.dll
    • nand.dll
    • nk.exe
    • osaxst1.dll

MSXIPKernel:
    • 723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.dsm
    • 723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.rgu
    • boot_ms.rgu
    • busenum.dll
    • cachefilt.dll
    • certmod.dll
    • coredll.dll
    • crypt32.dll
    • device.exe
    • devmgr.dll
    • diskcache.dll
    • fatfsd.dll
    • fatutil.dll
    • filesys.exe
    • fsdmgr.dll
    • fsreplxfilt.dll
    • hd.dll
    • imgfs.dll
    • initvmmap.exe
    • mencfilt.dll
    • mspart.dll
    • mxip_lang.vol
    • osaxst0.dll
    • pm.dll
    • regenum.dll
    • sysroots.p7b

LangDB:
    • b837382d-7920-8a24-925d-b929343a4138.dsm

MSXIPKernelLTK:
    • d92a4f0a-378a-4482-8fd3-bd127a05e4de.dsm
    Last edited by NightRaven; 07/22/2008 at 03:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Nightraven-

That's freaking awesome stuff...well, Ebag - ask and you shall receive as well
    I bout a 700w for Verizon, can i flash ebags WM6 rom to it or no? I have had no luck following the instructions...

HELP PLEASE...