Page 50 of 104 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2070
  1. ragu's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #981  
    Could I try this from the usb style updater?
  2. gads's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #982  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Try this.

    1) Hard reset, see what happens.

    2) Go back to Sprints 1.15 (very stock, not my custom ones), see what happens.

    If both 1 and 2 fail:

    3) Walk into the nearest Sprint store. Show the rep how you have only ~25 megs displayed, and the device is supposed to have 64. Hope they give you a new one for little to no cost (anything $50 or less is fair, $50 is cost of replacement with insurance).

    *OR*

    4) Call Sprint and complain. Use the problems you're having with your 700wx to upgrade to an 800w on the cheap.

    5) Send the device to Ebag so he can dismantle it and see if it has a 700w RAM chip installed in a wx. And use it to play with new ROM's without disturbing the Mrs. phone.



    I don't know anyone who's using that carrier, and I've had no experience with it.

    Are you sure your phone is provisioned correctly?
    Thanks Ebag, I did go back to the Sprint 1.15 and it is still showing the same configs. I will call up Sprint later today about this.
    Thank you for all the information. You are the best
  3. #983  
    Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
    When it says "check sd card for ROM?" I plug the power in, no light, then I hit up and it'll tell me no ROM found.

    Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd love to get this working!





    Ebag333, you kick ***!
    Is the card formatted as FAT32?

    The easiest fix may be to:

    1. Copy all files back to PC through your SD Card reader.
    2. Format the card as FAT32.
    3. Copy all the files back to the Card.

    Try again.

    All this is assuming, of course, you have nothing else on the card, which is the best way to go.
  4. #984  
    also dont plug in your sync cable when doing this use the charger only if u used the usb sync to charge the phone it will hang on checking sd card.
  5. #985  
    Everything seems to be going as planned... It would be nice to have the Verizon startup screens...
    I had a bit of trouble remembering what server name to use for exchange, but it was nice that MS put a little reminder to use the same server name as web access email.
    Got my yahoo mail up and running too... Now I have to figure out how to get it to store email on the SD card...
  6. #986  
    Hi,

    I have installed Ebags custom rom 4.2 it works very well after I reflashed windows mobile 5 to get the my internet singal and telephone singal back. For some reason the 700wx can not provision on windows mobile 6 but it can on windows mobile 5. I then reflashed window mobile 6 without doing a hard reset on top of window mobile 5 with the (Palm RomUpdate_HR2) inside of the Scenarios file on the custom rom file.

    My question to you ebags33 how can I sync my outlook notes I was looking for that program, and I could not find it. I love syncing my notes and now I don't have a program to open them. Could you sent me a link for the cab file for the Notes program or make a new rom with that program included in one of your future updates. Great job cooking up these custom Roms I look forward to seeing you cook up some Roms in windows mobile 6.1.
  7. #987  
    Never mind, I found it in the Accessories folder. You rock dude!!!!
  8. #988  
    ROM 4.2?

    EBAG - What is the most current ROM? What is the most stable ROM? Do you have a changelog for what's changed or anything?

    What is considered a blend of 2 and 4?
  9. fabrijack's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #989  
    This rom is so much faster it's amazing. Great work. I can't get over how much clearer the screen appears. The only thing I'm going to miss is the calulator. Does anyone have a .cab file of a calculator I can install? I use mine daily in my construction work.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jack
  10. #990  
    Quote Originally Posted by fabrijack View Post
    This rom is so much faster it's amazing. Great work. I can't get over how much clearer the screen appears. The only thing I'm going to miss is the calulator. Does anyone have a .cab file of a calculator I can install? I use mine daily in my construction work.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jack


    Which ROM? In the full ROMs, the calculator can be found in the "accessories" folder.
  11. fabrijack's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #991  
    Ok, I guess lack of sleep has made me blind. I found it. Sorry for taking up everyones time....makes the build even better!!!
  12. zimmy6996's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #992  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I'll try and post it tonight. Emphasis on try.
    Dude, you are so the man! What is your Paypal donation info? I so need to send you a thank you!
  13. #993  
    i realized xcpuscaler was NOT running when i was having the bluetooth not checked but was on problem. i was also running a programthat seemed to hang alot in the background trying to register itself to a website but it never worked. when i went to look at my today screen settings to remove and item or update its settings the box of today items was missing. i then uninstalled the program that was hanging and the box came back. i had to restart and xcpuscaler is now running and the BT boxes are indeed checked. i assume it was just the slowdowns of that program, causing the checkmarks to not appear. sorry for the confusion.

    just a reminder this is wm6testing4
    Last edited by flipfone; 07/17/2008 at 09:16 PM.
  14. pdawg17's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    #994  
    With version 2 BT occasionally shuts off on its own...I can simply turn it back on but strange to have it happen anyway...
  15. ragu's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #995  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Is the card formatted as FAT32?

    The easiest fix may be to:

    1. Copy all files back to PC through your SD Card reader.
    2. Format the card as FAT32.
    3. Copy all the files back to the Card.

    Try again.

    All this is assuming, of course, you have nothing else on the card, which is the best way to go.


    I was formatting in FAT, HA! Thanks!
  16.    #996  
    Holy crap. It took 50 pages, but finally some folks around are to the point where they can answer questions, and I'm not spending half my time posting replies.

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    i realized xcpuscaler was NOT running when i was having the bluetooth not checked but was on problem. i was also running a programthat seemed to hang alot in the background trying to register itself to a website but it never worked. when i went to look at my today screen settings to remove and item or update its settings the box of today items was missing. i then uninstalled the program that was hanging and the box came back. i had to restart and xcpuscaler is now running and the BT boxes are indeed checked. i assume it was just the slowdowns of that program, causing the checkmarks to not appear. sorry for the confusion.

    just a reminder this is wm6testing4
    I had suspected lag (I always suspect lag ), but I'm glad to hear that was confirmed.



    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    With version 2 BT occasionally shuts off on its own...I can simply turn it back on but strange to have it happen anyway...
    For the record, this would occasionally (extremely rarely) happen to me in WM5.

    It *DOES* seem to happen more often in WM6, however.

    I suspect that it may be due to the power saving features of WM6. Bluetooth is a known (huge) power drain, and disabling it makes a very large difference in how long your battery will last.

    I'm speculating that by adjusting the warning/critical settings from 10%/5% to 25%/10%, the "*****-left-his-bluetooth-on-again" functions are getting triggered.

    I noticed that my bluetooth was getting turned off multiple times a day (2-3 typically). I started charging it during the middle of the day and keeping the battery level above 50%. Once I did that, the bluetooth seemed to not get turned off as often.

    Again, this is all speculation and has not been documented. But if you track your battery levels when the bluetooth is getting turned off, we may be able to see a corrolation here. It's the best theory I have at the moment. If it doesn't pan out, my fallback position is "It's all Verizon's fault!"

    For the record, I really don't mind it getting turned off. I'm not a super heavy user, and it's *extremely* quick to renable it through the Wireless Manager. So for me if it gets turned off, it's actually a good thing as it means that my battery is going to last that much longer.

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy6996 View Post
    Dude, you are so the man! What is your Paypal donation info? I so need to send you a thank you!


    IF, and only if you really want to, my Paypal is: ebagola (at) gmail <dot> com

    I'm not looking for a handout here. I've seen several people who irritate me, such as posting links to their paypal in their sigs, or posting a reg tweak and then asking for people to donate. I DO NOT want anyone to get the impression that I am just doing this because I'm after some quick cash. But then again, anyone who's flashed a phone can tell you that it's not quick......
  17. pdawg17's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    #997  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    For the record, I really don't mind it getting turned off. I'm not a super heavy user, and it's *extremely* quick to renable it through the Wireless Manager. So for me if it gets turned off, it's actually a good thing as it means that my battery is going to last that much longer.
    I don't mind it either except when my phone rings while driving and then I realize the headset isn't connected...with the new California "hands free" law it'd be nice to know it's turned on when I want it...I'll pay attention to when it happens as far as battery level goes...

    Any chance for your version 2/4 blend tonight?
  18.    #998  
    Ask and you shall receive!

    http://www.4shared.com/file/55640200...Testing_5.html

    Amazingly enough I've had over 100 downloads of my Testing 2 ROM.


    Anyway, since someone's gonna ask, this ROM is essentially Testing 2, but with the graphics enhancement (AKA "prettier") of Testing 4. I think I also have some reg tweaks in here that wasn't previously...

    It's really more of a second version Testing 2 ROM...but as if enough people aren't confused already thanks to my horribly confuzzling naming convention. (I guess more of you needed to watch Seasame Street while growing up. )

    The only real bug that I'm aware of is that MS Reader doesn't work properly. There are a few other low level issues (IE: not being able to text directly to someone from the contact screen), but those are minor enough that they aren't any sort of a priority for me.

    I may go back and fix some of the low hanging issues that still exist in this ROM, or I may look at back porting some 800w files to the 700wx. I will need to test compatability and such, it may not even be possible without getting (and even more difficult, updating) the XIP.

    Now if only someone who worked for Verizon, and was part of cooking up this WM6 ROM could smuggle me some of the propriatary tools they used.....
  19. pdawg17's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    #999  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Ask and you shall receive!

    http://www.4shared.com/file/55640200...Testing_5.html

    Amazingly enough I've had over 100 downloads of my Testing 2 ROM.


    Anyway, since someone's gonna ask, this ROM is essentially Testing 2, but with the graphics enhancement (AKA "prettier") of Testing 4. I think I also have some reg tweaks in here that wasn't previously...

    It's really more of a second version Testing 2 ROM...but as if enough people aren't confused already thanks to my horribly confuzzling naming convention. (I guess more of you needed to watch Seasame Street while growing up. )

    The only real bug that I'm aware of is that MS Reader doesn't work properly. There are a few other low level issues (IE: not being able to text directly to someone from the contact screen), but those are minor enough that they aren't any sort of a priority for me.

    I may go back and fix some of the low hanging issues that still exist in this ROM, or I may look at back porting some 800w files to the 700wx. I will need to test compatability and such, it may not even be possible without getting (and even more difficult, updating) the XIP.

    Now if only someone who worked for Verizon, and was part of cooking up this WM6 ROM could smuggle me some of the propriatary tools they used.....
    Thanks for the ROM! I'll be trying it first thing in the morning...thanks, Ebag...
  20. #1000  
    BTW, to flash this, do you need to go back to WM5 & then flash to testing 5, or can you do a hard reset & go straight to testing 5?

Posting Permissions