Page 48 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898 ... LastLast
  1.    #941  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    im saying if i look at it the boxes for Turn on bluetooth and make device visible are not checked anymore but BT is on and working. also my headset didnt ring so i help in the button (to where it normally starts voice command) and it answered the phone. strange yes. but it works! lol
    Odd behaviour. Haven't seen that. Have you tried a soft reset?

Quote Originally Posted by gads View Post
    Hi Ebags Thank you very much for the custom ROMs and I am at present using the WM6 trimmed version fronm the page 1 on my Treo 700WX(Sprint). My question is my program memory still shows a total of 25.33 Mb. Is this the standard
    thanks
    A TOTAL of 25.33 MB?

Using my latest ROM (a blend of Testing 2 and 4) I see (after a hard reset):

Total: 57.32 MB
    In use: 16.84 MB
    Free: 40.48 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

A TOTAL of 25.33 MB?

yessir. after a soft reset the BT icon is still blue, click on it tap mode and the checkboxes are empty. but if i turn on the headset it will connect.
    yessir. after a soft reset the BT icon is still blue, click on it tap mode and the checkboxes are empty. but if i turn on the headset it will connect.
    I have this on the trimmed rom too. i also have a problem where the "press center button to unlock" does not appear some times and u have to tap the center button a few times to unlock the device. even thought it does not ask. i also found that when the device wakes up when its locked for a spit second it will unlock its self and any button being pressed at that time will respond. then it re locks its self. and lastly. reminders do not work. no audible alarm. but this is all stuff that i can deal with. WM6 seems to be boat loads better then WM5 still. more stable.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I got over 60 mb free for storage when I installed the first trimmed rom from bags. So something is not right if you only have 25.x
  5.    #945  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    I have this on the trimmed rom too. i also have a problem where the "press center button to unlock" does not appear some times and u have to tap the center button a few times to unlock the device. even thought it does not ask. i also found that when the device wakes up when its locked for a spit second it will unlock its self and any button being pressed at that time will respond. then it re locks its self. and lastly. reminders do not work. no audible alarm. but this is all stuff that i can deal with. WM6 seems to be boat loads better then WM5 still. more stable.
    Blame Verizon, not me. It's their ROM.

Try the Testing 2 ROM, it has COMPLETELY different Bluetooth drivers.

As for the "press center button to unlock", remember that you're using a ROM that's not designed for this device, and the requirements for it are significantly higher than WM5. A LOT higher. Sound like that's a lag issue. You can try a CPU Scalar and see if it resolves the issue.
    Blame Verizon, not me. It's their ROM.

Try the Testing 2 ROM, it has COMPLETELY different Bluetooth drivers.

As for the "press center button to unlock", remember that you're using a ROM that's not designed for this device, and the requirements for it are significantly higher than WM5. A LOT higher. Sound like that's a lag issue. You can try a CPU Scalar and see if it resolves the issue.
    not blaming you at all just stating the issues i was having in case others were experiencing. otherwise its working great.

A TOTAL of 25.33 MB?

Yes I did soft reset. I first used WM6 full ROM, latet switched back to Custom ROM Trimmed version 1 and lately I have the trimmed version of WM6. Am I missing something?
  8.    #948  
    Yes I did soft reset. I first used WM6 full ROM, latet switched back to Custom ROM Trimmed version 1 and lately I have the trimmed version of WM6. Am I missing something?
    I think you're looking at the wrong section, actually.

Perhaps you're looking at your Free RAM, and thinking it's your Total?

(It is confusing due to the way Palm has it setup.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    not blaming you at all just stating the issues i was having in case others were experiencing. otherwise its working great.
    Ditto! just reporting the issues Ebag. Youve done us all a great big service.
    I think you're looking at the wrong section, actually.

Perhaps you're looking at your Free RAM, and thinking it's your Total?

(It is confusing due to the way Palm has it setup.)
    Hi , Is this fine then
    Memory Settings
    Storage
    Total -62.94
    In Use - 16.89
    Free - 46.04

Program
    Total-25.33
    In Use-20.09
    Free - 5.24 MB
    has anyone gone from 6 back to 5?

ebag, you said you liked your wm5 build, but did you change your mind and convert to 6 fully?

i like 6, but i like my led to flash when i have a missed call, email, text, etc. i can't find any way to do that in wm6 short of installing phone alarm, and i have found there are bugs in that as well.
    i went from 5 to 6 to 5 to 6 to 5 to 6 once i tried 6 then going back to 5 i go crazy because i miss the html emails, plus my nue minutes doesnt show up on the today screen under 5 only under 6. (nue minutes tells me how many minutes ive used, data etc for the month)
    Hi , Is this fine then
    Memory Settings
    Storage
    Total -62.94
    In Use - 16.89
    Free - 46.04

Program
    Total-25.33
    In Use-20.09
    Free - 5.24 MB
    after installing all my apps, this is what I have

Memory Settings
    Storage
    Total -62.95
    In Use - 42.24
    Free - 20.71

Program
    Total-57.32
    In Use-22.66
    Free - 34.66 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by illwafer View Post

i like 6, but i like my led to flash when i have a missed call, email, text, etc. i can't find any way to do that in wm6 short of installing phone alarm, and i have found there are bugs in that as well.
    ever try treo alert pro? it not only gives an led (multiple colors for different alerts) and sound alert, but also allow you to easily toggle your BT radio on and off... shows battery condition, signal strength, xcast updates and weather location. i have been using it for almost 6 months now with no issues. cab file is less than 500k and isnt a memory hog either... best of all it works with the WM6 roms for the 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    ever try treo alert pro? it not only gives an led (multiple colors for different alerts) and sound alert, but also allow you to easily toggle your BT radio on and off... shows battery condition, signal strength, xcast updates and weather location. i have been using it for almost 6 months now with no issues. cab file is less than 500k and isnt a memory hog either... best of all it works with the WM6 roms for the 700wx
    damn. somehow i slept hard on that app. thank you very much. im all over it.

ive been all over trying to figure that thing out.
    Ebag,

Thanks for the hard work, I am really happy with WM6 testing 2. i will keep playing with it tonight.

Which version of the XCPUScalar program are you using & what speed?

On a side note, what are the big improvements from WM5 to WM6? I like the addons of testing 2 (built in regedit, other nice add ons).

I know the HTML email is nice & I was curious what other improvements are around? I dont want to miss something good.

Thanks buddy! This is great! I will try the BT soon too.
    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    That one locked up my Treo numerous times and acted wierd when I received calls so its no longer on my phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    That one locked up my Treo numerous times and acted wierd when I received calls so its no longer on my phone...
    which version did you use? i have version 8.2 beta 8 and never have issues... even now with a WM6 rom

and before i forget... all credit goes to the TA development team for this app
    Last edited by captblaze; 07/17/2008 at 04:49 AM. Reason: added link to app
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Blend of Testing 2 and 4

Hey Ebags, any luck on getting that SMS problem fixed. (Where you click a contact, and click send Text, and it just goes to the text messages folder?) I did revert back to WM6-Stripped, and that version seems to work great in respect to that. Of course, it misses all of your nice bundled software and speed tweaks. I'd love to slide up to 6.1 if I knew I could skirt that issue.

And now seeing all the problems with the 800w, with respect to the new screen resolution and compatibility issues, I'm not in any urgent hurry to upgrade to it. Honestly, until guys like you are able to do custom roms on it, I am certian I will hold off until that time comes. The roms that come loaded from the vendors always just turn me off on the phones!

If you're looking for some testing of your latest, PM me. I am a heavy user and can give some solid feedback.

Thanks!

Zimmy6996
    Quote Originally Posted by illwafer View Post

ebag, you said you liked your wm5 build, but did you change your mind and convert to 6 fully?

Yes you can go back to 5. If you are on Sprint, it would be as easy as pie. Little more work for Verizon. Ebag has an 800 now, so yes he is on WM6.