Page 47 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797 ... LastLast
  1.    #921  
    Quote Originally Posted by agreenbhm View Post
    well, it's not spring anymore, so i guess that wm6 for vzw has to come out sometime this summer.

ebag, any info on when that's gonna happen?
    I'm not sure.

Verizon may bail on it as rolling out a new version of WM is expensive. Gotta pay for all the licensing, notifying your customers, etc. Plus I haven't heard anything about a 1.25 in a while.

The 1.23/1.24 are really quite messed up ROM's, part of the problem why we're having problems with some of the latest testing ROM's.

As I've said before, the Verizon "6.0" ROM's appear to be a 6.0 base, with 6.1 functionality on top of that (such as the 6.1 Pocket Office, but not One Note, which is standard 6.1), and some WM5 stuff carried forward.

It's enough to drive a man to drink!

On the 800w, rumor has it Sprint has a 60 day exclusive on it (which is pretty typical), putting the 800w sometime after mid September. I have a hard time believing Verizon will pony up the $$$ for WM6.0 on the 700w/wx, when they've got to be planning on the 800w.

Unless Palm keeps the 800w as a Sprint exclusive longer. If they're keeping the 800w as an exclusive for, say, 6+ months, then Verizon is really forced to do an upgrade to the 700wx or to come out with a different device to push at business users with WM6/6.1 on it. They have the Moto Q, but lots of people have "Palm" associated with "Business User".

Only time will tell.....

Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    If you send me the XIP and the ROM you pulled using pdocread. I can port the OS to the 700wx. This is the only way to get the image moved over, because of the driver difference. Basically you put the 700wx drivers in the 800w images, and it will work. As for the screen sized difference, it's just a driver on the 800w telling it to use that resolution. Using the 700wx drivers will cause the rom to display 240x240.

At this point, I would rather port the 800w rom to the 700wx instead of the 750. It's a lot less work.
    I'm working on it as we speak. I'd left my sync cable at work yesterday, so I couldn't do it when I got home. D'oh!

Also we may have problems with the resolution change. From researching other devices, if Palm didn't keep the resources for the 240x240 screen, odd things can happen. You can fix it, but it's tedious. So we may need to mix and match a bit with some of the resources from the 1.24 ROM.
    Asking a dumb question, but if I dont know what a RTN reset is, do I need to worry about this as long as I remove the firmware.bin?

On second though, when I unrared the file, the only thing i see is this: NapaBoth.nb0

Where is the firmware.bin I need to remove (within the nb0 file)?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fiktion
    Question for you. I did a RTN reset when I was in WM6, and I cannot connect to data. Have you resolved this issue? Verizon can't help me.

Call Verizon and tell them that you need to reprovision your phone. There are several threads on here which walk you through the basics, do a search of the 700wx forums for: rtn msl data
    (for example this post: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=24 )

You'll need all the different settings, so that's why you need to call Verizon and get 'em (your MSL, etc....actually I think on Verizon everyone's MSL is 000000....)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I'm not sure.
    I'm working on it as we speak. I'd left my sync cable at work yesterday, so I couldn't do it when I got home. D'oh!

Also we may have problems with the resolution change. From researching other devices, if Palm didn't keep the resources for the 240x240 screen, odd things can happen. You can fix it, but it's tedious. So we may need to mix and match a bit with some of the resources from the 1.24 ROM.
    My laptop has built in bluetooth, so I'm kind of spoiled. I've ran into the resolution issue a long time ago with a WinCE based media server. Fixing it was a pain, but it was successful.
  4.    #924  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Asking a dumb question, but if I dont know what a RTN reset is, do I need to worry about this as long as I remove the firmware.bin?

On second though, when I unrared the file, the only thing i see is this: NapaBoth.nb0

Where is the firmware.bin I need to remove (within the nb0 file)?
    The only thing I give you is the ROM (the .nb0).

It's up to you to get the SD card updater. You can download it from Sprints site.

In other words....read the first post.
    ...Also we may have problems with the resolution change. From researching other devices, if Palm didn't keep the resources for the 240x240 screen, odd things can happen. You can fix it, but it's tedious. So we may need to mix and match a bit with some of the resources from the 1.24 ROM.

Or maybe use the 750 ROM for the needed resource files? Just a thought. It's not like I really know what I am talking about.
    The only thing I give you is the ROM (the .nb0).

It's up to you to get the SD card updater. You can download it from Sprints site.

In other words....read the first post.
    Lol! You got me! I just read it & that was a dumb question for sure. Do I need to do anything but the upgrade (in terms of that RTN reset)? If I just do the upgrade, then the *228 upgrade, I assume I am good to go?
  7.    #927  
    Lol! You got me! I just read it & that was a dumb question for sure. Do I need to do anything but the upgrade (in terms of that RTN reset)? If I just do the upgrade, then the *228 upgrade, I assume I am good to go?
    I'm not sure why you'd need to do an RTN reset, or *228.

You might need to update your PRL again.

People have to do RTN/DATA resets after they break something. *IF* you follow the instructions, you should not need to reprovision your phone.
    Can anyone tell me how to get email flagging to work in WM6 on my Treo 700wx?

Thanks,

Kevin
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Anybody running any of these ROMs on a 700w?

Feedback on performance?
    Quote Originally Posted by docstang View Post

Feedback on performance?
    I'm running the WM6 Lite version and am quite happy with it so far - MUCH faster performance plus all the cool enhancements over WM5: HTML email, able to view meeting attendee lists, etc. The best new "feature" is how my Treo performs quicker and smoother under WM6 than WM5. I'm having better luck with the lite version than the full version, BTW.

[EDIT: I'm running a 700wx - not a 700w]
  11.    #931  
    Quote Originally Posted by docstang View Post

Feedback on performance?
    One person has run it. He liked it.

Search the thread and you should find it rather quickly.
    ive been running wm6testing4 now for about a week on my 700wx. this time im steering clear of the roamin section as i dont want to reprovision for another 2 days. this time the bluetooth is dropping out, but whats weird is even tho BT isnt checked if i hit the BT headset like a second time it answers the phone. another time i powered off the headset then back on and it answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    ive been running wm6testing4 now for about a week on my 700wx. this time im steering clear of the roamin section as i dont want to reprovision for another 2 days. this time the bluetooth is dropping out, but whats weird is even tho BT isnt checked if i hit the BT headset like a second time it answers the phone. another time i powered off the headset then back on and it answered.
    so your saying it worked even though it wasn't visually working?
    Hi,

I have been doing some reading and I have one last question before I do the flash (my storage card is in the process of being cleared).

How do I flash back to the 1.22 VZW rom if I run into stability problems or if say the 800w rom is converted (or any other reason I need to start at WM5 again)?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Hi,

I have been doing some reading and I have one last question before I do the flash (my storage card is in the process of being cleared).

How do I flash back to the 1.22 VZW rom if I run into stability problems or if say the 800w rom is converted (or any other reason I need to start at WM5 again)?

Thanks,
    Rich
    I tried this for days and never could get thecomputer updater to work. I finally went through the process of making a .nb0 file using my VZW ROM dump from before and finally got it to work that way. Didn't last long though. I eventually (within 2 days) went backto WM6.
  16.    #936  
    How do I flash back to the 1.22 VZW rom if I run into stability problems or if say the 800w rom is converted (or any other reason I need to start at WM5 again)? ,
    Just reflash back using the desktop updater. There's some instructions in this thread on how to do so (you have to increment the version number so it thinks it's installing 1.23, as you will still be at version 1.22 even with WM6). You will still end up with 1.22 (as the version number is hard coded in the ROM).

It's not difficult to do at all.

Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    I tried this for days and never could get thecomputer updater to work. I finally went through the process of making a .nb0 file using my VZW ROM dump from before and finally got it to work that way. Didn't last long though. I eventually (within 2 days) went backto WM6.
    In one of the other threads I discuss how to force an update...lemme find it and I'll edit this post with the link.

/me edits

Here's the instructions. Note that you need to have a copy of the desktop updater files in order to use this.

1. Launch your command prompt. "Start -> Run -> type "cmd".
    2. Type the following text: "C:\Updater\ruucmd.exe -asyncoff -t -v C:\Updater\bootloader.ruu". Press enter.
    3. A message will appear.
    4. Press enter to run it.
    5. Once that completes, type in the following text: "C:\Updater\ruucmd.exe -asyncoff -asyncon -t -v C:\Updater\fwandrom.ruu. Press Enter.
    6. Press enter to run the command. It takes about 30 mins.
    (The paths are examples obviously. If you haven't screwed up you boot loader, don't worry about step 2, 3, and 4. If you just want to flash the room, do steps 1, 5, and 6.)

I believe you have to have the capability of using activesync in order to be able to do this.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 07/16/2008 at 08:11 AM.
    Ebag,

I downloaded & ran the VZW 1.22 updater, I then copied the folder it made (c/docs & sets/rich/local/temp.... etc)

To my C drive, then I cancelled the setup. I remember in the past all we needed to do was rename something in one of the files (I thought it was version.XYZ) but I cant seem to find anything.

Any suggestions on where to look? (sorry for the hand holding)
  18.    #938  
    Any suggestions on where to look?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...rd#post1444010
    Quote Originally Posted by mbritt80 View Post
    so your saying it worked even though it wasn't visually working?
    im saying if i look at it the boxes for Turn on bluetooth and make device visible are not checked anymore but BT is on and working. also my headset didnt ring so i help in the button (to where it normally starts voice command) and it answered the phone. strange yes. but it works! lol
    Hi Ebags Thank you very much for the custom ROMs and I am at present using the WM6 trimmed version fronm the page 1 on my Treo 700WX(Sprint). My question is my program memory still shows a total of 25.33 Mb. Is this the standard
    thanks